Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.19 The Silent Expanse - Changelog

Discussion in 'Major Updates' started by Salted, Nov 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ANOTHER UPDATE FINALLY :saltedhigh:

I’m curious, will we fight any bosses in the “A Hunter’s Calling” quest?

Imaxelius, Plasmatic and corpe like this.
  2. Wiihacker0

Wiihacker0 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So I did the math, if I'm not mistaken arrow storm does more damage at stage II than stage III. awesome update guys! Lookin good ^_^

-EDIT I found out I was using old data from the wiki. Stage II does less damage than stage III (not by much though, from 400% to 480%. I still think stage II is better since it's damage isn't put into three streams.) Sorry for the misinformation

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  3. Evil_X

Evil_X Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Did you take into an account from Upgrade 2 to 3 you get triple the arrows which make up for lost damage?

Salted likes this.
  4. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I will complete them all eventually. Mark my words :D

5. Sourpowerpete

Sourpowerpete Well-Known Adventurer

He literally said he did.

Wiihacker0 likes this.
  6. Wiihacker0

Wiihacker0 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I did! Though I guess I didn't make it extremely clear. All 60 arrows do less damage than the 20 arrows from upgrade 2, and they're spread out so it's harder for all of them to hit.

-EDIT I found out I was using old data from the wiki. Stage II does less damage than stage III (not by much though, from 400% to 480%. I still think stage II is better since it's damage isn't put into three streams.) Sorry for the misinformation

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    NITEHAWKX, Alex1, Crokee and 3 others like this.
  7. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @YYGAYMER me saying HHIC wasnt a mistake :))))

8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Spell Combos were a long, long, long time coming. Basically, when people said "Improve bosses!" it was already on our checklist of things to do.

TwageTomato and Dr Zed like this.
  9. Heretic

Heretic Heretic.

Minecraft:
    Ah yes. I actually recommended something similar for the bosses that the devs also took a glance at! (Jbip I think) Back in august, actually. I also mentioned dyig and dungeon mechanics, you can take a look. https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...osses-dungeons-and-dying.254206/#post-3096269 it seems that with this and novalescent's awesome suggestion to fight mechanics and taunts we get some new boss mechanics baby! Excited for it. Much love to the devs.

10. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm going to go ahead and concur with both of these. Uppercut leaping upwards seems like a nerf to me (although it depends on the exact mechanics), and Arrow Storm nerf feels slightly too strong. This honestly feels like the worst way to nerf Archer - it pushes toward a single type of playstyle (that is, close up Shield/Storm combo) at the expense of midrange combat. Feels like it would have been simpler to just remove blindness on Arrow Shield and keep Arrow Storm damage where it is.

Crokee and JaydonTheWarrior like this.
  11. dbleo

dbleo Dream Crusher HERO

Minecraft:
    So no more unprocessed materials? I liked those textures. ;/

7Red_Dragon7 and Realises like this.
  12. Locky1110

Locky1110 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gee, this Corkus update is looking incredible!

Coragon42, Iboju, Sg_Voltage and 2 others like this.
  13. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    Orphion and the Grootslangs are crying because they got forgotten
    F

Shovel, 7Red_Dragon7, Pally and 8 others like this.
  14. Sourpowerpete

Sourpowerpete Well-Known Adventurer

Archer gets 2 more arrow shield uses and the arrow rain is more consistent. Arrow storm gets its insane damage nerfed, so now its main use is its utility (pushing enemies away). I literally see no problem.

13threemc, NamesAreHard and Heretic like this.
  15. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    I must say that I am extremely hyped about this update, but there are a few major issues and questions that I want to adress:
    To start of:
    How will Shaman Reliks be crafted? Will there be a new a new crafting station or will reliks be added to woodworking for example?
    I fear that this might make certain gathering types better than others, making the market for gathering quite imbalanced.

The thing I fear the most would definitely be hunted mode, the fact that exp gain, especially gathering exp gain is greatly increased during hunted mode is without a doubt an enormous issue.
    As someone who has spend hundreds of hours gathering (I even am in the top 10 highest level gatherers out there), I can confidently say that if hunted mode will actually give a decent amount gathering exp, the entire gathering market will simply crash to the damn ground.

You might think "Oh but players will hunt gatherers so it will equal out". But this definitely won't make a difference. Most gathering locations are often in such extremely remote locations and there is such an enormous amount of good gathering spots out there that it will be nearly impossible to ever find a gathering player, especially when said gathering players can just join worlds with lower quantities of players in them.

Ofcourse comparing now to 1.19 hunted mode won't be completely fair, but in the current state of gathering, I would call myself lucky if I would ever see another player once every blue moon.

In the end, let's say everyone does hunt all the gatherers out there while also magically knowing the location of every gatherer, what difference will it make? If a gatherer uses hunted mode, it of course means they want extra gathering experience, this means that materials aren't their main focus, so even if they get killed, do you think they would care?
    Ofcourse not. Because the only reason they went into hunted mode in the first place is because they wanted gathering exp so badly, that they would even risk losing materials.

Players won't even lose items or weapons, because who on earth would go into hunted mode with actual non-mythic items when the entire Wynncraft pvp system is basically "one-shot or get one-shotted", no one on earth would ever go into hunted mode with valuable items unless they want some sort of massive pvp battle with other friends they can trust.
    The entire hunted mode meta will simply be: "be naked or have mythic boots + a mythic weapon".
    All hunted mode will do with the current system which is described in the changelog will make the life of gatherers much easier and completely crash the market prices for materials,
    because likely no one else will use hunted mode for reasons besides trying it once or twice.

Gatherers probably won't even lose many materials in the end:
    Anyone could easily keep a friend or an alt on the lookout for any incoming hunters, and when anyone comes near, simply switch out of hunted mode in time, even if hunted mode has a 30 second cooldown (as an example) or possibly even more (but I highly doubt there will be a "turning off hunted mode timer" which will last as long as that, assuming there is one in the first place).

And even then, what will prevent players from just trading with their friend or alt account every once in a while and giving their materials to them, so that even if they get killed by hunters, they still won't lose any materials?

Now to end my whole essay about hunted mode, There is one major question I still have about it:
    Does it affect quest and dungeon exp?
    I really hope it doesn't because if it does indeed affect quest and dungeon exp rewards, players will easily be able to increase exp gain without any real risks whatsoever.
    Because what will prevent players from just toggling on hunted mode right before finishing a quest or dungeon and then instantly turning it off almost instantly afterwards then?
    Ofcourse hunted mode is for level 103+ only, which nearly nullifies the risk of quest abuse (again assuming it actually does affect quest rewards), but even then, players can still just skip a few level 90+ missions, unlock hunted mode, and then do the missions afterwards but this time with a (possibly) enormous exp boost gain from having hunted mode activated.

Going back to gathering again:
    Gathering is, among other things, supposed to be another endgame option to make money besides lootrunning.
    While it currently is a pretty decent way to make money at level 100+ gathering, it already falls flat from mythic grinding, while this may be hard to believe at first, you can freely ask any high level gatherer who also lootruns (such as psykko himself) which is better, hint: it is mythic grinding without a doubt, even if you take the massive RNG requirement for mythic running into account.
    You may ask what is my point? Well besides what I already mentioned (the gathering market is basically already completely doomed without a single shred of a doubt if hunted mode gives a decent amount of bonus profession exp),
    the gap between lootrunning and gathering will only grow bigger with the addition of fabled items.
    Don't get me wrong, I am very hyped about fabled items and greatly interested in them.
    But the one thing I fear about them is that they will buff lootrunning by making it a much more stable way of income, and thus making the gap between gathering for money and lootrunning for money only bigger in the end.

TL:DR
    Hunted mode giving bonus combat and especially gathering exp is an absolutely horrible idea (just the exp gain, hunted mode itself is fine I guess) and will likely do nothing except completely annihilate the gathering economy.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  16. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    This sounds broken
    Not because some people are good and will get good builds but because people can say "Yo let's not kill each other so we all get way more stuff"
    And they will get buff because they decide to just play Smash with friendly fire on

Melotaku likes this.
  17. flyingman

flyingman Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Awesome, the hype intesifies.

18. Francis12qwasyx

Francis12qwasyx Hacker Extraordinaire VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mage looks really OP with all that damage increase.
    Assassin looks really weak in comparison.. (archer and warrior dont really change too much)

Im looking forward to the new class though, seems like it would be fun, being more stuck to a position when fighting. Movement seems pretty cool, but the last spell pulling totem seems like more of a gimmick than much use if you can just cast another totem
    Depends how it plays i guess...

Great update though!

19. Nero101X

Nero101X My contract with Wynncraft is complete. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    note how salted spelled relics wrong "relicks"

Druser likes this.
  20. vaughaan

vaughaan Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is amazing! Thanks for the awesome content. I feel like all of this new stuff could revive wynncraft to its hype and playerbase like it was right after gavel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.