Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are True Guild Hatreds Justified?

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Corruptplex, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corruptplex

Corruptplex Just an ordinary player HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Something that was brought up to me by multiple people. They really dislike the current condition and how each different guild community is reacting towards each other in a very negative way. I made this thread to see how this community reacts to such topic.

2. Pontosaurus

Pontosaurus fuy busted moments CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    fox is furry and furry bad >:(
    jk pls dont hate me

Snippy, dotGenco, Pally and 4 others like this.
  3. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What an interesting question. I feel like I can't keep my mind consistent if I post a wall of text so I'll try to keep it short. Also, your personal view on hatred is highly dependent on your own moral system, so if this post is taken seriously you will probably get some hefty discussion here.

My view is that yes, hatred can be justified towards guilds. Hatred fuels the relationship between guilds and I feel like if the hatred wasn't there, the whole end-game war scene bubble would pop and basically become unnecessary. I think hatred plays a bigger part in the war scene then both xp and emeralds combined.

That should get things started. Remember guys, opinions, no objective facts here.

Pally and Corruptplex like this.
  4. 13threemc

13threemc vote kanye 2020 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Idk freedom of thought should always be allowed no matter what imo, it depends if they act on that hate with toxic behaviour. Or you could be like me and just act toxic anyway lol.

5. Noneke

Noneke /ᐠ - ˕ -マ Ⳋ CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ehh idk, i havent seen any hate towards specific guilds (at least not in PUN). but for the toxic shit that does happen is probably because of wars and terr claims ig..

6. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *COUGH* I forgot to respond to this *COUGH*
    I would agree with you on this, guild hatreds do play a big part in the war scene, but larger guilds with more experience will usually wage wars over xp and emeralds, take for instance the Fox v DDT war #1 and #2 (electric boogaloo) those wars were waged because:
    War #1 : DDT had claim over LL (I believe) which pushed out a ton of emeralds and xp back then
    War #2 : 1.18 had come out, and Fox wanted to kick DDT out of Molten as it was making nearly 20 billion on days (due to d-cave parties in Molten Reach)
    Most wars post-federation were waged to either keep their guild at the top in territory/xpwise, or to free up space.
    I can only think of DsQ v ANO and SOL v Valk wars made with hatred after that time
    I think wars waged over xp and emeralds are more realistic than wars waged over hatreds

Nonetheless, we appear to be devolving from that golden state post Federation when there were no huge alliances that dictated the map, and appear to be waging more wars on hatred than before.

Thats just my take on it o/

one_ood likes this.
  7. ActualAnthonino

ActualAnthonino SkyBlock Prisoner

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm sorry but what is this about?
    Is there like drama going on between certain guilds?
    Are non-guilded people hating on big guilds?
    Are there large guilds that are being toxic towards non-guilded & smaller guilds?
    Something else?

I would really like to know.

8. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guild community is actually more complex than most people look upon it as, it keeps the community alive. Sadly at that cost there is "beef" between different guilds and entire different alliances which lead to situations where "hate" fuels wars between guilds. In the most basic sense, there are guilds which have "claims" which are their areas on the map, like, ANO has Jungle, Nesaak, and mine base plains, Fox has a claim over northern and mid canyon. These claims can range from small like only 10 territories in the case of a guild like Phi or huge in terms of Fox or Imperial, these territories pump emeralds and exp into your guild, so the guild community came up with an unwritten rule, which is that if you attack a claim of a guild, they will retaliate, knowing this people harbor extreme senses of "patriotism and nationalism" for their guild, which can lead to attacks using hate.

I hope I explained this okayish lol

9. ActualAnthonino

ActualAnthonino SkyBlock Prisoner

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you! That makes much more sense now!

Pally and Castti like this.
  10. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *people can also just declare war because they dont like eachother or screenshots about others talking behind their back, basically you know anything that would offend someone but I didnt include it there because its not that important*

ALso np ^^

11. Bynt

Bynt Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    TGR most active guild to touch Wynn that’s a FACT

12. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While we have our own individual guild communities, it is principal that we all communicate to some degree and intertwine. Together, we form the guild community as we know it, which is the greater whole.

Often there are some grievances and other tensions between guilds, but we have to realize we have a lot more in common then differences. The fact that we are all present in this community already shows a lot, how we all have this in common and it is something we should celebrate.

Essentially, I believe in order to eliminate tensions within the community, a line has to be drawn and made clear between war and community relations. What occurs in war often leaves a lasting impact and always finds it way meddling in our community relations. Ultimately, we need to begin to separate war and is its own function and not let it disrupt the camaraderie of the community as a whole.
    In short, wars do not have to define our community relationships with each other.

Castti likes this.
  13. xMini_

xMini_ Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    jUNglE IsNT YoURs. hEnTEdFoRuMS wiLL RISE agAIn. ReTUrN JuNGLe TO hAX. yOU've bEeN WArnED!

14. Pally

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    but, is anything anyones? Or is it just a increase in our pride and familarzation of the area?

15. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    can we just go back to post-fed where there were no major alliances thanks

xMini_ likes this.
  16. Minerboy_05

Minerboy_05 Travelled Adventurer

Guild hate is stupid. If i take over a chunk of area then too bad for those who got overtaken, if my area gets taken over then too bad for me.

I've spent tons of money on wars and i have absolutely no hard feelings towards anyone who has taken over my land. Anyone who does is a toxic loser.

Dream and nolg like this.
  17. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bunp10characters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.