Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER The Silent Expanse

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by xKar, Oct 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xKar

xKar hello wants up CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    from what can be seen in this picture, the silent expanse may have 3-4 cities, a dungeon, and that the abandoned mines lead to this area after all, not dern itself. thoughts? upload_2019-10-27_22-17-36.png

2. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    They mention on the update page that it was a former area of wynn that was taken over by Dern.

I'm intrested to see how that will be shown ingame. I expect at least a quest and a few discoveries about what was left behind.

3. DutchSpruceRun

DutchSpruceRun Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Absolutely awesome!!! Can't wait to play this! Also so exited that there's a new highest level area, especially that it's located in Wynn. Finally Wynn
    will be on more of a spotlight after 5 years of Gavel domination (has it really already been 5 years?!). I'm also interested why a part of the Silent Expanse
    is green.

4. Mayo

Mayo bruj VIP+

Minecraft:
  5. DutchSpruceRun

DutchSpruceRun Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Didn't the people from Time Valley come from this place? Or was it people from the Dernal Jungle?

estevao107 and Coffee KQ like this.
  6. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    We don't know.
    All we have are a few clues.

We know the Time Valley precursors were called the Ulm, and left time valley due to some sort of event out of their control. They speak in wynnic (I think)
    They were the ones who created the door and temple of time and harnessed the power of time to an extent where it still affects the region today.

The jungle precursors were the ones who hid the 4 crystals and knew a lot. They also made some cryptic references to "the eye" (more of a tool than an entity) and the final areas in site D look a lot like Dern, so it might be that they knew of Dern or were from there.

DutchSpruceRun likes this.
  7. basementbob

basementbob God of Corkus and Meme Land CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I don't understand why it isn't dern. it's weird. if someone knows why, i would like to know.

8. xKar

xKar hello wants up CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i theorize that this new update's main goal is just to give us more information on the main storyline, then release fruma, then the full realm of dern, which in my opinion is the best option for them at the moment since they're gonna release just the silence expanse.
    but there was another option for them which could've been fruma->full dern, which theoritically would take more time, but imo would be better for the long run for the game unlike this update rn, ill fully explain my opinion tomorrow or later today on a separate thread.

9. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That’s where Dern’s entrance is found. You can see that the Eldritch Outlook or whatever it’s called stands just behind it, and that place is supposedly the building protecting the entrance to dern itself.

Coffee KQ likes this.
  10. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    However, there appears to be a path to there from Candyland* to the west.

*yes I'm just going to use the names from my map lol

Iboju, A Human and MrH like this.
  11. Papa Cthulhu

Papa Cthulhu CEO of the Corkus Trading Company VIP

Minecraft:
    I honestly think there will be one town either in the red area or the area left of it

Iboju likes this.
  12. MrH

MrH Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Next think you know: dev team decides to name the place "candyland"

13. Wind2048

Wind2048 what am i doing with my life HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Candyland seems to accurately describe the place lolol, and if they want further meaning it can be like a contrast between the spookiness of RTD to Candyland I dunno. Candyland is a good name.

Druser likes this.
  14. MrH

Minecraft:
    Ok, now I really want it to be called candyland... But I guess that's up to the devs (Or CT, I have no idea who handles what)

Druser and Wind2048 like this.
  15. Wind2048

Wind2048 what am i doing with my life HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Candyland Candyland Candyland, we want Candyland Candyland!

MrH and Druser like this.
  16. _Tiger

_Tiger Completionist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tiger's Rift :saltedhigh:

17. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    The Silent Expanse seems like it has several regions, lying in a bent but linear path.
    First is a large underground area that I'm guessing is themed around darkness and shadow. That's probably where most eyemonsters will be, seeing (heh) as they can see in the dark.
    Secondly is a nearly greyscale area, with the ruins of some kind of town, and a large church. It's probably centered around grief, and I can see the enemies being lost Olms or Ancients, or the ghosts of that long-gone civilization.
    Thirdly there's an almost colorful area. From the looks of it, it's visceral and mad, maybe disgusting. I can't quite make it out, but I think it has trees with eyes. Should be fun!
    Fourthly is a strange green area, about which my first guess is a slimy theme, but it could very well be about greed. What's strange is that this place seems to have rivers of some black liquid, which could also be the void, though I doubt that as it looks like you could fall off way too easily.
    The fifth area is much like the second one, but with more colour, namely at the gigantic dungeon. Behind said dungeon is what looks to be a bunch of floating islands, but that wouldn't make much sense since the update page says behind the dungeon should be Dern -- and we aren't getting that yet.
    What's interesting is not only that the region is divided into distinct areas (I didn't expect that) but also that there are five of them. I can imagine the devs basing it upon the five stages of grief, like in Majora's Mask. Area 1 could be acceptance, area 2 depression, 3 anger, 4 denial, 5 bargaining, I don't know, something like that. Am I onto something?

Iboju, Nukewarmachine and Druser like this.
  18. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Anyone notice how the deeper in you get to the “Void” area, the purple light in the spikes gets darker and darker, until there’s no trace of violet/magenta?

estevao107 and Druser like this.
  19. MrH

Minecraft:
    Candyland...

Wind2048 and Druser like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.