Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Announcing 1.19: The Silent Expanse

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaaaha

Aaaaha Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    hyped for the ingredient pouch

2. 00gogo00

00gogo00 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Please let the ingredient pouch hold gathered materials (wood etc)

3. add 45/45 horse

add 45/45 horse My Immortal

Minecraft:
    looks spooky... are you going to add skeletons?

That_Chudley likes this.
  4. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Shaman 1-106 speedrun in 27:43:19 by Dream96 [WR]

Iboju likes this.
  5. Vadeblade

Vadeblade Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The Wynnic translation of it is, "War of the realms"

6. RemiDaYeen

RemiDaYeen CraftedMovie Veteran CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Imagine walking into the room to find just the one small rat. You kill it, and then the bigger one falls from the ceiling, revealing the real boss.

KrzysztofMaz, NITEHAWKX, Jbip and 5 others like this.
  7. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    I didn't refresh the page, so I'm just gonna copy-paste my reply on the other thread, delete it, and post it here.

Ok, so thoughts on the trailer:
    • RTD looks pretty small, as expected, that's kinda a shame
    • New quests are always welcome, I'm excited to play them
    • That new item has a quest req. and it's level 60...Maybe they're filling quest gaps in earlier level ranges? Also, new item tier is neat
    • Ingredient pouch was a much-needed change, I hope professions as a whole are improved
    • I'm assuming a new rune will be added because of CUR, but at that point, why not just add CGG to finish things off?
    • A NEW CLASS? Yo, that's wicked! I was at first disappointed that the update won't be coming out until at least a few more months, but I'm totally okay with a late release date now. My only worry is that Shaman will be too similar to mage, but eh...Also, does this mean we're getting an extra class slot so everyone can try it? EDIT: Yes, we are getting another class slot, it says so on the website
    • New secret discoveries, as always, are cool
    • New dungeon, yay. please don't be fallen factory 2.0 please don't be fallen factory 2.0 please don't be fallen factory 2.0
    • No boss altars? Surely there must be at least one in this new area, right?
    • I see the level cap is getting an increase. Admins, please don't reset everyone's xp this time, you saw the backlash last time

Overall, a really well made trailer! At first I was afraid that this would be Corkus 2.0, but now, this is the most excited I've been for an update ever!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    Gogeta, Rice & Uno and Druser like this.
  8. FatalFatalis

FatalFatalis Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ok, time to kill some lovecraftian horrors with the power of trees.

9. Venclaire

Venclaire Vocaloid Connosseur CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Can't wait to see the invasion of Shamans

10. dbleo

dbleo Dream Crusher HERO

Minecraft:
    So that means Wynncraft is going to be 1.12+ exclusive at least, right? There's concrete blocks in the trailer

11. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    There are concrete blocks ingame already, there’s some weird stuff that the server does to let pre-1.12 versions play.

12. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    HYPED FOR THE UPDATE

I’m curious, would there be at least one boss altar in the RtD area?

13. JuniorSupreme

JuniorSupreme chillin' HERO

Minecraft:
    wow new content pog

14. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    can we get a release of the song used in the trailer?

15. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    What the fuck did you just fucking say about the fallen factory? Are you gonna say it to my face? I will eat your ass like a fucking Hungry-Man if you ever try to talk shit about my baby.

Black Sun likes this.
  16. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    note: this is a joke please do not take it seriously

ideally, fabled items should be at the perfect point where people won't go straight from legendary to fabled, but at the same time not so rare that they act as a stepping stone to go straight to mythics

that's just my opinion though

Violet Knight and Druser like this.
  17. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    People were asking me to record my reaction to it, but since throughout about 1 minute of the trailer I was completely silent thinking to myself, here you go instead.
    • My man Salted has 6k hp in a level 100 area. Fucking baller.
    • Imagine how annoying it's going to be to do any grinding with Gravity whatsoever. Then again the better question is why would I consider grinding with gravity, and to that I say yes.
    • Giant Rat is thy back but this time he's secretly a LI boss thus the name change.
    • The ingredient pouches were very much so needed, so thank you for adding them.

• upload_2019-10-27_14-56-40.png
      All I have to say is I pray you brought justice to Slykaar's character and the dungeon itself with this rework, or there is going to be someone knocking at your door with a loaded shotgun and an army of ecliptic meteor spammers.
    • The Shaman class looks interesting. I wasn't expecting a new class that much, due to the backlash most class suggestions receive, but luckily it looks like it's fun to play with the combos you can do with the totem and the support like style as a result. Due to the changes the other classes have supposedly received, I will have to wait and see if Wynn's combat in general got better or worse, since right now supports and tanks are basically irrelevant for multiplayer.
    • I am on my knees praying the new dungeon is good and not UG/LS levels of bad.
    • I have mixed feelings about fabled items. On the one hand, I'm glad that there will be a "stronger" alternative to legendaries for most players, but on the other hand I'm afraid that they will still be too rare and become obsolete for most players outside of the rich minority.
    • In general, I like the idea of the major ids. While I still don't consider myself an all out class builder, it will still be fun to create more creative meta builds or just fun gimmick builds.
    • Now you're level 93 and only have 500 hp.
      Ok.
    • Although not explicitly stated in the trailer, I'm going to assume there's at least one new boss altar, which are always welcome since the general majority are some of if not the best bosses Wynn has.
    • Also not explicitly said in the trailer, I'm going to assume there's going to be a escalating challenge of some sorts. Granted, this could be the dungeon itself, but Wynn has ToA, Gavel has the Hive, and Corkus has LI. It would make sense if Dern itself had a challenge like this.

I know this update is still going to take a while to come out, but I'll gladly wait for it if it means the final product will be better. Granted, in December/January I will have probably moved onto games I'm already hyped for (like Iceborne for Monster Hunter World), but if that means that when I inevitably get burnt out of those games I'll come back to an even better Wynn, then take all the time you need.

18. coolaccountname

coolaccountname pro gamer VIP

Minecraft:
    I have awaken for this very moment.

19. Shkol2

Shkol2 Erevan Galanodel, 320-ish, Sorcerer/Warlock

Minecraft:
    All of my yes.

20. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    Quit this game kid, it's not worth keeping attention to a rotting game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.