Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Update Thread - Latest Updates, Rebalance Changelogs & More - Update 28/6

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hold on, Salted said that they don't want to change mythics or all hell will break loose, so why is this happening now? I know you guys are working hard, but I was just curious. Proof that salted said it:https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/wynncraft-isnt-what-it-used-to-be.243357/page-7#post-3000678

2. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    i think he meant they dont want to change mythics as in they dont want to change how theyre obtained, not their stats, obv they arent just gonna leave mythics if theyre unballanced

Druser likes this.
  3. Fwap a Durp

Fwap a Durp Stuck at home -.- CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think the item team knows what this means
    Many mythics changes in beta are clearly "less powerful" than before:
    Singularity, Stratiformis(nice), Divzer, Gaia, Inferno, Nirvana(-mr -ms when all items don't even give much mana at all), Grimtrap, Lament, Thrundacrack, Weathered, Grandmother, Slayer(+spell the same magnitude to +melee but massively reduced elemental damage), Hero
    that's 13 out of 28 changed mythics that are being nerfed, not to mention crafted items are leagues above mythics in strength(4/4 mr AND ms along with massive % damage and/or raw spell? really?) and durability of crafted item isn't remotely an issue since loot chests are so common.

And with the changed to all other tiered armor gear, which many of them are nerfs to either mana or damage, or both. Typical builds have their damage decreased by roughly 15%, mana decreased by 40%. All the while skill points are tighter than ever. The beta isn't just to bring balance to different elemental combos, it's forcing everyone to use full crafted and completely trash normal items.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  4. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should be looking at more than just numbers when you evaluate whether something got nerfed or buffed, consider the item's builds in their entirety:
    - Gaia is stronger
    - Nirvana is stronger
    - Lament is overall about the same, possibly a slight buff
    - Thrundacrack has not significantly changed as far as I'm aware, but I haven't seen many pre-revamp builds so I'm not certain.
    - Weathered and Inferno both got a buff to melee uses and a nerf to spell uses
    - Grandmother is about the same, maybe slight buff depending on how you build, I haven't seen enough spell GMA builds to know. Although, melee GMA got a buff.

Skill point reqs are higher, but armors give significantly bigger skill point boosts as well. In testing, this has balanced out for the most part (except for rainbow).

Crafted items are stupid, no disagreement there.

Fwap a Durp and LarzLapiz like this.
  5. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But no one likes the reduced Mana on Nirvana it's just an additional pain in the ass to deal with...like I'd rather lose damage to have pre revamp Mana regen
    And weathered I mean who the hell used melee weathered? Look at Ivory it's a "melee" weapon and I don't think I have once seen anyone use it for that.
    Buffs or not it should be noted some mythics are using differently from their intended purpose and the item team seems to not realise that.

SmileyAlec likes this.
  6. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nirvana's mana regen penalty is easy to counter. Even if you have the worst mana regen roll, you can still get 9 mr with 10k spins.

Ivory very much looks like it was intended by the IMs to be a spell weapon, but it turned out to be total garbage in spells but quite strong in melee.

7. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I personally don't see the new Gaia builds stronger than the current ones. Take this build for example: https://wynndata.tk/s/7w9t26
    • Really high dps. Exploding, poison and the fact that courage will further increase the poison gives it even more damage (better than Quake Gaia by far).
    • Defensive; 11k hp and 55+ agi/def, aswell as positive walk speed and the only negative elemental defense is water which is also -90 only by the way.
    • Has the right ammount of sustain; ez 22k war solo without any risky moments
    I have done some research on newer Gaia builds and the ones that match or have slightly more dps either have less hp, less elemental defs (or less of both), less sustain; and none of them had defense which is somewhat a serious loss.

Personally if I had to choose between 1-2k more dps or being more bulky and being able to survive easier, I'd probably drop that minor extra dps.

5/4s mana regen > slight damage buff

Lament is stronger, can't disagree on this one.

It's just harder to use because the high dex requirement. https://wynndata.tk/s/ip4z5s - here is a random build. Sucks that almost every mana regen chestplate has to give -thunder dmg%

Tier stack > raw melee stack (super irrelevant information, yes). On the other hand, Inferno was pretty neat because it could have been used either for melee, hybrid or spell and still be good.

Just as Tcrack, GMA is a nuisance to build around because the increased str requirement. Imo regardless how you build it it's still kinda nerfed.

Well yes, I enjoy searching for one armour piece with specific skill point bonuses and find some which have random requirements that my build can't support then realise I either have no option or I have but it has bs downsides. This rarely happens, though, but it's really frustrating.

They are quite powerful, indeed.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Epicness937 likes this.
  8. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tierstack definitely lost the Def benefits, that's for sure, but Def/Agi is less powerful than people think it is. Here's a Gaia build: https://wynndata.tk/s/87etac with the same tankiness (run the calculations and see for yourself) and very close to the same damage, and also has Courage. (no exploding) Your build is definitely better but it's not a massive gap. Gaia, and tierstack in general, is definitely being pushed to be glassy though. Warchief would probably improve the beta build though, since it allows Centipede to actually be viable.

Here's the Nirvana build I'm working off of, optimized for a minimum mana regen roll (I'd just do Myrrh -> Hydro Ring for a max roll probably): https://wynndata.tk/s/806u1m what's a corresponding live build?

Agree that mythic reqs in general are generally speaking too high right now, along with the lack of mana regen options for chestplates. You could try Anima, but that means TWF = damage tends to be meh. I definitely recommend avoiding Hive armor for thunder mythics in general, with the exception of Cata because you can avoid building damage and still get a ton of it anyway. Here's my Thrunda build: https://wynndata.tk/s/t0gbkm

Tierstack gets more damage at the expense of tankiness generally, although I agree that rawstack right now is either slightly lacking in damage or missing the necessary tankiness a bit. Of course, rawstack on mythics is generally not going to go well.

Yeah I kind of agree on GMA req, this was the best I could do for spell: https://wynndata.tk/s/67hmvf though melee isn't as tight: https://wynndata.tk/s/0d1mnk

LarzLapiz likes this.
  9. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Hey everyone,

This will likely be my last message on the thread. I have officially retired from the IM team, this is not unexpected for a lot of you that have been keeping touch on the IM updates. It has been a great pleasure to work with the IMs and work for Wynncraft.

Due to internal restructure, the team is also shifting focus and changed up the team roster. Do not worry, there is no drama or bad blood or anything, we are still all good friends and I am sure we will still keep in touch with each other.

There might or might not be some unexpected announcement about items and stuff in the future, please do continue to look forward to them. Hope everyone can continue to support the work of the IMs even when your favourite IM might be leaving the team!

Love, with all my heart,
    Andrew

10. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Gonna miss u bro :(

why did this have to be post #609

Epicness937 and BqwaOLD like this.
  11. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Noooooo... don’t leave us!

SmileyAlec likes this.
  12. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ;-;

Druser likes this.
  13. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
  14. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So... who's maintaining the changelog now that Silver's gone?

Epicness937, SmileyAlec and Madkurre like this.
  15. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Keep it alive

16. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Lol none of the arguing you guys did even matters anymore because the revamp isn’t happening anymore xd

17. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Take likes this.
  18. Triactic

Triactic Below average IQ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Take likes this.
  19. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Moderators can edit posts, so I’m assuming one of the hybrid mod-IM members