Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem with this archetype (from what I and others have made so far) isn't that you can't get enough mana steal or damage; the problem is both in the fact that without Atlas being a free ticket to super slow steal builds plus zero intelligence, you're not gonna get any sustain. With your current build, you can do an Ice Snake and two Meteors until your mana is gone, and you're not going to have a fun time getting it back quickly enough to keep up damage or even heal/teleport away. This is why the only more-or-less working builds for tfa so far are either not fully spell builds or overclocking/overcharging/lunar-spining (whatever you want to call it) mana steal.

Druser, SmileyAlec and victorpotato2 like this.
  2. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You have 7/4s mana steal and 2/4s mana regen, mana steal works in a way that on average constantly hitting 1 mob with equal 1/4s mana regen.
    In wars, where pretty much all endgame content is, you will forever have a full mana bar even with it costing 8 mana per meteor.
    You would only be required to hit about 4 mobs constantly to sustain mana.

by2011 likes this.
  3. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    You have super fast attackspeed though ...

by2011, SmileyAlec and Bart (MC) like this.
  4. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What does it matter what attack speed I have?

5. StoopidDog

StoopidDog A high probability of barking HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it's right. but this approach is too restrictive.
    hive armor options seem to have to be used unconditionally to create an archetype.

6. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    Shoefarts, Tsuneo, Bart (MC) and 3 others like this.
  7. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you take the math into consideration and are not using chain or quake as I am not.
    Super fast you hit 4.3 times a second with a 5.8% chance to activate the mana steal effect so that is a 24.94% per second per mob chance of getting mana. 0.058 * 4.3 = 24.94
    Super slow you hit 0.51 times a second with a 49% chance to activate the mana steal effect so that is a 24.99% per second per mob chance of getting mana. 0.49 * 0.51 = 24.99

Major_Lue likes this.
  8. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    You have to throw spells inbetween the melee hits. Which means superfast will be less effective as you cant really throw spells inbetween your melee hits without sacrificing manasteal efficiency.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  9. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While this is true you just have to spam click left click while doing a right click to do a meteor giving you almost no time loss.

by2011 likes this.
  10. HV_Metal

HV_Metal Convergence VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When you activate Courage you first deal damage around yourself in a circle. That AoE will also trigger mana or life steal. So having lower attack speeds is somewhat healthier in general if you want to take advantage of powder specials. It isn't quite a valid excuse to say "I don't take full advantage of my powder special" just to protect super fast attack speeds, that's almost like stacking -spell% then being happy with the low damage when the opposite was given to you on silver platter.

Bart (MC) likes this.
  11. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was not aware of that effect for the fire special also triggering it.
    I do also have to say I do not think completely neutering my melee damage is worth a small boost to mana steal.
    That would be like getting slightly more mana per second to try to increase my overall damage and being happy with it when the opposite was given to you on a silver platter.

12. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    in conclusion vampiric is just not good. Any other archetype is better.

13. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The averages are about the same actually and averages are what matters, especially over a long fight.

14. victorpotato2

Minecraft:
    I was gonna explain stuff but then i was like meh not worth the effort. But i accidentally sent it.

15. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also want to note that I tried the thing with using the old Atlas in the new build I made.

Without Atlas and using Diamond static like I am: 3,694 average melee dps and 10,623 average meteor damage
    With using prepatch Atlas: 421 average melee damage and 9,643 average meteor damage

Is the slight increase in mana gotten from the fire special activating and the "consistency" that super slow gives worth doing that much less damage?
    Especially since this is mainly a war build where you will be hitting 10+ mobs anyway so the small increase will not matter as you are already at full.

blow w likes this.
  16. blow w

blow w Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:

I feel like there’s a clear division between the normal build making community and the war build making community;
    In wars, stealing based on attack speed is probably overlooked because there are so many mobs everywhere and they all stack up beside each other, making mana steal and lifesteal really easy to come by. In this situation keeping your dps is probably more important than getting rid of it.
    In normal PvE this likely never happens on the same scale as in wars, and attack speed is much more important for stealing activation. For example slower speeds allow you to go up close to an enemy and hit it once, back off and come back a couple seconds later. Faster speeds will require you to stay close to the enemy in order to get the same stealing chances which isn’t optimal.

17. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is fair, however I think the base knockback values try to address this. Slower speeds hit mobs farther to give you space with your ls, while faster speeds barely move mobs allowing you to chain hits very easily in quick succession.

Except archer, but no one likes melee archer anyway

18. AurumKitsune

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like this is also a thing only important to wars. The other endgame combat other than wars are bosses which with slower attack speeds the knockback does not matter that much.

blow w and Bart (MC) like this.
  19. Parzizal

Parzizal .

Enjoy carpal tunnel then. . . but seriously even in wars lower attack speed is significantly better for activating steals, especially with chain lightning which takes in account your attack speed, that's the reason divzer is now complete trash. Without atlas, super fast attack speed and chain lightning doesn't proc. Faster attack speed may lock you out of steals when you need it, or you'll get carpal tunnel trying to activate it at the same time super slow can. Because of this I believe atlas should be reverted. (And inferno should be slower so we can activate steals pls)

Druser likes this.
  20. Chronozilla

Chronozilla Mistress of Dern HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mob raids were mobs raiding us, i was refering to a warcraft style raid where we raid the mobs.

And yes, i would be okay with them releasing the item update before the raid, as long as a raid was promised before the item update releases.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.