Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So I had a mage that was level 100, and I had 15-30% of the EXP gathered required to level up.
    All that accumulated EXP rounded up to 25% into 102.

The amount of EXP garnered for 101 would've rounded up to 103-104 if they didnt shove a stick into it, right?.

Nickel had almost 2,000% EXP on an account pre 1.17 and it only put him to 102.

2. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    ok, i think i get it now.
    that couldnt happen because there was no level after 101 is it that hard to understand

3. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    please explain to me thoroughly why it couldn't happen. because "theres no level after 101" makes zero sense.

4. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    (for convenience, im gonna stop using past tense when talking about 101)
    101 is the final level.
    no player should be able to get past 101.
    they put the "stick" in place so people couldnt get past 101 until they prepared content for future levels.
    they cant just set an absurd xp limit, they already tried that and it failed. (guy who got to lvl 71 when the cap was 70)
    they made it so any xp you collect is null and void, and isnt counted for any future level. (except on the status page for some reason)
    when the update w/ 104 rolls out, the game doesnt take into consideration the millions of xp the players grinded for. it only sees that the player is 101, doesnt have any extra xp, and calls it a day.

in technical terms theres probably a level after 101, but its 100% unreachable without admin perms.

5. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wuh

Jacquie, Shoefarts, Gangplank and 3 others like this.
  6. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    wuh

Jacquie, Shoefarts, Gangplank and 4 others like this.
  7. StoopidDog

StoopidDog A high probability of barking HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. hive armor give -30 sp. +30sp is not important. if you want use hive armor for rainbow build, it's req 180sp. (50*3 + 15*2)

2. so sad ;-;

4. why should use unique items? legendary item like today's vaward is enough.
    the more items use in the end game, the harder it will be to acquire items and fill your bank space.

5. think of a boss that uses charge or teleport frequently. archer and mage are easy to use melee. but warrior and assassin not. the more they use the spell, the lower your mana.
    to make them more close, nerf their skills, or need more ws items.

If they are doing this to change a game that is bored, the intention is good.
    but the way is wrong. changing the item you have used in the past will only make the game more confusing.
    after this patch is applied, we can do is create some builds, and what we can do with this build does not change.
    if they want to give the game fun, they need new content.
    like a 8-man raid dungeon.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    by2011 likes this.
  8. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    nice to see yall cant think of a counter

Druser likes this.
  9. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    Every time you comment you seem to age one year in reverse. What a miracle of modern evolution

10. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    2 year ago, when I still played a lot, I was heading earth thunder air, so full melee, except 3 items because new items, I was planning to get the same as the Alkatraz build and I never found a way to get more than 27.000 DPS, now we can reach 40.000. That's good boy. But now how to find money for that Alkatraz I never got.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  11. Shamos200

Minecraft:
    ruthlessly insulting people will get you nowhere.
    the only reason i responded to them is because they did that to try and mock me. when i did it, i was genuinely confused about something someone said

12. hppeng

hppeng 0 intel is the correct amount of intel HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just a small bit of inspiration:

Pandemonium finally has a use

Oh man how did we get here

13. StoopidDog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no. can count xp for future level.
    they just made it to level 102 and reset the amount of exp to 0.
    i don't know what the intent is, but the thing that made our exp 0% is not changed.

14. by2011

by2011 category creator VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah i guess so, although in most cases it's only -20 since you're most likely using int

vaward is limited to rainbow, whereas other uniques can be used in archetypes instead (for example, quartzite helmet gives 21sp and can be used in twa and twf). breakdown gives sp, although it's sort of high req (luckily there's sine to support it). something like neuron gives defense for twf, and eel skin sandals just gives generally nice sp. for #4, bank space is now extended to 20 pages (although past like 12 is sort of expensive i forgot)

good point on 3, although there's still the option of having a little support mr for while the boss is running around spamming spells. there are only like 3 bosses that are really affected by it (elf mage, doc legendary, and matrojan idol on a couple phases). matrojan i've tried, not a big issue (hybrid warrior). elf is definitely annoying, but doc is easy to kb into a wall since the issue is him pushing you and less teleport. cybel has a lot of minions you can hit, so i didnt count it.

Bart (MC) and StoopidDog like this.
  15. StoopidDog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i like vaward because it offers high hp and sp without any conditions.

i agree that the unique has changed nicely. but there are so many.
    more than 310 items have been changed. sp requirement is similar to the rare, legendary now. it's not as easy to use as the current vaward.

even if you want to increase bank to keep unique items, we need too much le.
    it seems cleaner to change a limited item than to increase the item pool for builds significantly.

archer and mage can attack without such hassles. i think need ws support for warrior weapons.

by2011 likes this.
  16. Mekyr

Mekyr Warden of Rymek Canyon HERO

Minecraft:
    I've been noticing a lot of completely uncalled-for incivility and disrespect here in this thread, and thus I am compelled to respond and hopefully clear something up about how an appropriate dialogue on this forum should proceed.

This type of discussion only works if players limit their criticisms to the content of the original thread. Instead of insulting one another, please try your best to restrict your future posts to constructive comments concerning the item reworking. As many of you have already mentioned, general consensus is that it is important that the item team consider the opinions and grievances of the whole community when working on this upcoming update; the only way this effectively works is if you all are civil and clear with your comments, questions, and judgments. All this other nonsense will not be tolerated, and is quite frankly not helpful at all.

Please understand that it would never be the item team's - or any other Wynncraft team, for that matter - intention to upset the community. That is absolutely not what they are here for. They seek nothing other than to please the community with their hard work and dedication and attention to the little details that all of you will hopefully find some appreciation in. We all want our updates to be the best they can possibly be, and this is why community input is undoubtedly valued and treasured.

I see some of you are worried about how this update will affect the time you have invested in your current builds - I completely understand this fear - but I guarantee you all that the item team will be doubtlessly continuing to actively consider constructive, respectful criticism, and in the end will deliver a product which will be well worth everyone's time. No one plans to push out an update unless the team believes the community will be happy with what they have produced. Everything will be just fine, so have faith.

17. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pedometer.png
    hmmmmm.......

18. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Druser and Bart (MC) like this.
  19. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    I will take a moment to explain the design philosophy with the element revamp for those who care. But this is gonna be big brain gaming so up your imagination and try to understand.

What made you play wynncraft?

Did you click on a Wynncraft ad thinking "man I want to be rich in this game"? Did you come to wynncraft thinking "I want to kill every mob in one hit and no challenge"? I think, for the majority of people, we're looking for an MMORPG adventure. We come to Wynncraft wanting to explore the world, do quests and pretend to be an adventurer, as well as discover different unique playstyles that we can main and role play in. The old item system offers none of that. Sure, there are parts of the community that purposely make their build comparatively ineffective just to role-play and use different playstyle, but that is a far cry from the majority. Power imbalance alone pushes players to sort the ultimate best powerful combo and foregone anything else.

Four design philosophies were at the centre of the elem revamp.

1. Not one single build type should be a universal solution.
    Why role play when you can rainbow slap and spell spam? Why role play for something clearly inferior to other builds? Gavel item system did not deliver on the fantasy free RPG that it was promised. Instead, the design of the system makes one single build type, rainbow slap spell spam, objectively much better than others. While some games that just allows players to indulge in power fantasy and makes players only seek for pure power, those games do not offer a diversify item system like Wynncraft. We in the IMHQ thinks that the charm of wynncraft item system should come with the fact that every item has their own use, be it offensive, defensive, support, niche or gimmick. Every build and playstyle should achieve a similar level of effectiveness if the players invest enough to study the build system and come up with a personalised combo that they like.

2. Creativity only stems from sizable restrictions.
    If there are no restrictions, there will not be creativity to make diversified builds. Before elem revamp and currently in game, some items are superior to others, that is obvious coz there is a clear tier system in the item system. However, if comboing strong pieces with other strong pieces "just works" this makes for a very boring build system, as shown in the past 3.5 years of Gavel. Think about this, if you can switch to creative mode on a single player survival world and get every resource you want, things get bored real quick because the challenge is gone. Setting up barriers like negative skill points pushes items to not work in specific conditions, and forces players to overcome it with creativity, or seek alternative solutions.

3. Lower skill floor, Higher skill ceiling
    Items of the same archetype will have skill point boosts on each other thus chain into each other. New players will be guided with the skill point restrictions and skill point bonuses to naturally fall in a specific playstyle, this creates a learning curve for learning build making, meaning it is easier for players to get into the end game build making scene by themselves. However, for experienced players, overcoming these restrictions, finding out what item combos work and finding alternative solutions that may or may not crafted items will be key to elevating their builds. No longer is there one single solution, and no longer are using higher tier items the best solution. The skill needed to create the best build for yourself is much higher than before, and the players have to take time to learn and improve themselves. In a way, making builds went from "just making yourself more powerful" into a game in itself.

4. Power comes at a cost
    To incentivize comboing lower tier items which go against the tier system, uniques receives a much larger skill point bonus and a much lower requirement. Meanwhile, higher tier items such as legendaries and mythics have a much higher skill point requirements. This means, if you want to use a powerful piece, you must be prepared to invest in it. As players are encouraged to think about how to combo items, higher tier items act as a "final destination" for their build to "reach". AKA, a build would be centred around reaching those powerful pieces, be it using unique tier items for large skill point boosts, or using skill points accessories to use multiple pieces. As the fundamental power of uniques is buffed, the power differences of using a unique and using rare/legendary pieces are much narrower. It is simply to introduce an extra layer of thought into comboing items, which is something lacking from previous "using strong/meta armours of similar elements together and call it a build" type situation we had before.

The project leads of elem revamp including me, @Major_Lue and @Selvut283 spent no less than 6 hours every day for the past months working on our vision, all of us in the IMHQ sacrificed a lot of our personal time without pay on delivering a proper, diversified build system to Wynncraft. This is on top of our daily work and school. Think about this wake up at 7 am, go to work until 5-6 pm, 1 hour of rest, continue to work until 12 am on a good day, work until 3am otherwise. You might say "this is what you get for signing up for your position and we deserve your heart and soul", I will tell you that, "yeah, we're willingly giving you them". IMHQ is a working environment and we all work professionally and greet each other as colleagues instead of friends playing a game. And we do that to deliver an item/build system that wynncraft needs, deserves, and long overdue.

Be it, we are all players of Wynncraft. A lot of complains right aside from individual item balancing problem comes from affecting items id rolls, players not having money to get new gears, as well as players losing money as they have items that previously have good rolls and now changed or removed. This is where this time period comes in. The Changelog 1.1.1 focus on plain statistic balancing. We want to give players the time to reflect on these demands to allow us to adjust accordingly instead of making assumptions on what players want and do not want, which is why we split the changelog into sections, it is impossible to factor in 896 items' player demands all in one go. Therefore, we will be working on adjusting items base on community demands and item rolls in upcoming changelog updates. For example, for balance reasons, we nerfed Freedom to 1/4 mana regen to accommodate for the universal redistribution of mana regen. But as we are starting to put back market and rolls demands into items like mythics will likely receive the further adjustment.

We also want to avoid blindly comply to knee-jerk reactions from the community. When we took in the builders, it took them days to fully wrap their heads in the new build system, and we want to give the community the time you need and you deserve to sink in with the changes and make feedback and suggestions accordingly. Which is why, we have an official feedback form prepared to be released this Saturday. Every feedback form will be reviewed and discussed seriously.

We did not forget, we are not oblivious to listening to players' demands. But we have to split the work process into stages to do give every item the love it deserves. We have done our part in setting up the new system and new standards for the items to have a fair and diverse new foundation for builds. Starting this Saturday, it will be the community's turn.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  20. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay but I'm a little curious because this still hasn't been explained anywhere: the system is meant to help new players simply make builds around archetypes that'll just "work" because of the item's synergy, but is there going to be an explanation of these archetypes or a proper labeling of them in game anywhere? Without that I don't think new players are going to actually use this system honestly and I can't see this working effectively

NITEHAWKX, Drew1011, Jacquie and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.