Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info The Elemental Revamp: Part 1 - Endgame Overhaul - Updated Changelog Beta 1.1.1

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alyxxxx

alyxxxx °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° VIP+

Minecraft:
    welppppppp

wish likes this.
  2. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    For those wondering about the lack of changelog,
    [​IMG]

I'll refrain from coloring anyone's interpretation. You can check Discord if you want the full context, this is in #class_builds

3. wish

wish I eat pizza upside down HERO

Minecraft:
    Why. Changing a large amount of critical aspects so drastically isn't the way to go... Not a fan. Considering leaving Wynn again.

I don't give a rat's ass if you tell me not to "hold back my feelings" about the changes. The lack of transparency has been really apparent- at this point, I don't think I can be blamed for being a little angry with you.

4. Dondasch

Dondasch Hadal gaming HERO

Minecraft:
    IMs: try their best to fix a broken and repetitive system

everyone: fck u no

also dondasch looking sharp, nice

5. blow w

blow w Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    bloww, donda biblioteca and Dondasch like this.
  6. Hyperheretical

Hyperheretical I Loved You At Your Darkest VIP+

Minecraft:
    I accept your premise, I reject your conclusion. But hey, everyone is entitled to their uninformed opinions.

m0chu | anson and trex1611 like this.
  7. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    this thread is the exact reason why i want a dislike button

8. Alex1

Alex1 Alex HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I personally think this idea is pretty cool. It reminds me of magic the gathering, how every color pairing has its own distinct playstyle and synergies. However, I think forcing everyone into tri elements is an awful idea. Mono-element and dual-element builds should still be viable, and (more importantly), supported.

Instead of changing all items to fit into these tri elements, I think the majority of current items should stay the same, and the tri element items should be new items (like with the qira hive rewards). That way, the economy doesn't go haywire, and people don't get pissed off that their builds are destroyed. However, the introduction of the new items will shift the meta slowly, and people can choose to make new builds that have better synergy and are probably more powerful, or stick to their current builds if they don't want to change. You'll still shift the meta, and make endgame building more interesting, but you won't alienate your entire playerbase in the process. This way, people can keep their current mono/dual/rainbow element builds, and choose to pivot into a tri build if they want to.

9. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would just like to add two more things here, then I'll let this settle in. I think it's borderline insane to drastically rework some of these items like Steamjet Walkers and Burnout. There was nothing wrong with them prior, but now they seem to be completely useless and the changes to these items seem unnecessary and stupid to me. Second, I am very concerned about melee weapons here. Stacking attack speed tier on items is already a pain enough, but now it seems like the attack speed tier items will be distributed into different archetypes which is gonna kill builds that consist of, for example: Apocalypse, Diaminar, Ignition, Flameshot Hilt etc. Items that have high damage, but low attack speeds. This is literally just speculation because there is no change log, but I feel like this update and the idea of pushing archetypes on us will kill tier stack builds, I cannot see items within one archetype that will consisting of 5 or 6 tier tiers of attack speed among them that can be used in one build. I am very aware that you won't have to completely follow the archetypes, but it's apparent that building outside of an archetype is supposed to be mildly discouraged and is going to be a pain in the rear. I'm still attempting to wrap my head around this whole thing so my response was probably a bit redundant and less detailed than I prefer and may contain some grammatical errors, so my apologies.

10. brokenmotor

brokenmotor Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    (from #class-builds on discord)

11. Dubinzi

Dubinzi Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    TL;DR: This forum post is too vague to be anything majorly good or bad, so it shouldn't of been posted in the first place.

Honestly I'm not sure what the item team expected when they decided to release limited information on such a gigantic change... it can only be viewed badly.

I only play wynn for lootrunning, so I'm on the fence about whether or not I'm in on the whole idea of a full item rework. Without all of the information on the update, I feel like the value of all of my items is in limbo. The fact that the item team just had to mention "we reworked every single endgame item" is just so unbelievably terrifying that I don't know what to do with the items I currently have for sale. On the other hand, this could also be an amazing thing because there are so many items that are worth little to nothing on the market. It would be nice if there weren't worthless items like Morrowind. I'm hoping this update fixes this problem... but once again we have so little information that I'm not sure what to think.

ALSO the reason for taking down the blue mask screenshot sounds like a bunch of BS, you might as well take down the fatal and steamjet walkers screenshots too if you can't take the heat, smh.

12. Rexz

Rexz Travelled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    First of all, agreed. But because of that I will also refrain from being too emotionally attached to the changes atm, since we are not yet sure of the outcome since no full changelog.

Secondly, the reason for the removal of the screenshot was because it wasn't the correct one and was reflecting an inaccurate ID, but I would like them to put up the screenshot of the correct one at the very least. (if not I'm def calling BS)

As for me, Ima 420 blaze it and take a chill pill. I still have hope that the change won't break everything, or at least give people an option to rebuild easily, time will tell.

NITEHAWKX and brokenmotor like this.
  13. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Ok.

I'm not seeing a lot of my own viewpoint at the moment but I'm in full support of the change. There's too many negative conclusions being drawn that don't actually base themselves on confirmed substantives; with so few changed items released, and not knowing how many or how significant or in what direction the reworks are, where is the logic?

Even if most builds are getting demolished by the update, many more options are being added in. If what @brokenmotor is saying a few posts above me is true, then we're seeing tank, melee and hybrid archers move into viability. As an eternal archer main I've felt a strong gap in the variability of playstyles ever since I picked up the game because glass spell spam was the only viable option, but the change appears to be bringing in something valuable to the metagame.

I don't feel the effect of the build breaks as strongly as a lot of people seem to be claiming. Being a victim of the Morph nerfs (and Freedom but that was a bit too light to count for anything) I didn't find it nearly as difficult to cope with. You just need to switch gear and move on. Having lost a stack or so over item reworks I'm still largely content with what the IMs are doing.

And just the criticisms in general… yes, it's fine to offer some feedback. But don't say what other people have already flooded the thread with, and worse, don't hate on or threaten the item team.

Chill out, think ahead, and recover fast when it's in the game.

14. Xyz

Xyz Finder of purple things CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that new steamjet is quite possibly the worst thing i've ever seen, if i was trying to make an item no one would ever use, it'd look something like that.

how about just leave items that people are already fond of alone?

15. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you think a morph nerf is comparable to an entire item remake that could shift the entire economy in one fell swoop, then you're wrong. This could utterly destroy many people's current builds as they struggle to get the new meta items, especially those who are in the poorer side of Wynn. You can't just snap away somebody's build and then tell them "oh I guess you gotta go get an entire new set now" and expect them to do it just like that.

16. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The point of a changelog is to do exactly what the name implies, you log the changes; Beats me as to why anyone would be retarded enough to not log as they go considering that's the best way to create a changelog.

Also note on this update :clown:

Dr Zed, Shoefarts, Parzizal and 7 others like this.
  17. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    this is an out of season april fools prank right?

18. IHyperAceI

IHyperAceI black holes are spinny CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    screw it i’m using 3 morph sets

19. Shamos200

Shamos200 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    who asked for 5 more mythic boots

20. PM_Eevee

PM_Eevee A wild Eevee appeared! HERO

Minecraft:
    That's the reason why wynncraft is dying

Great job item team, ty for ruining the game

Risu, Gangplank, Shoefarts and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.