Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Favorite Game Style?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by SoldierOfKEK, Jul 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Take

Take Rice Smuggler HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    rythm - ANIME

2. KikiTheKiko

KikiTheKiko The Non-Binary Bard HERO

Minecraft:
    MMORPGs, but my god to they usually have horrible combat systems. I love me a deep and interesting combat system and 90% of mmos lack them big time. In my opinion, if a level 1 can kill a level 100 through pure skill, that's the perfect system. Bosses you have to dodge and attack in the right places, spells that have different big effects over an area so you can lock down players, weapons that heavily change a melee build into something a bit closer range like a sword or longer range like a spear. Deep combat systems are something MMOs really lack 90% of the time. But other than that, they're the perfect game for me. Lot's of social aspects, big great worlds to explore, social. I guess the only other thing an MMO could be that most aren't, are more life simulation. If someone does want to play the game as an adventurer, a fisher or merchant would be nice. ArcheAge did that amazingly, but the economy went to crap after a few bad decisions. But yeah, my mini essay over my fav type of game.

3. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    on a more updated opinion, i did say platformers and its subgenres are my favourite

sonic is pretty fun to play (classic one ofc)
    cave story is fucking gorgeous and the first time i could call a game's gameplay perfect, and im not joking, i love this game's gameplay soo much to the point i wanna make my own levels with the content of this game
    mario in general is pretty damn kek, NSMB needs to die and get replaced by another main mario game but otherwise it is pretty good
    battleblock theater was a fantastic experience, could use more content to create levels with though
    cuphead may not be much of a platformer, but considering those stages that arent of the boss rush-kind, i had fun playing them
    i also might get hollow knight for the switch in my birthday (as i got nothing else to ask for)

4. Tsurumi

Tsurumi Tired Abyssal

Minecraft:
    Some wave survival or defend the (insert random object here) games since they always give me the thrill of holy cow you are about to lose then after that you finally win after hours of none stop fighting of waves and waves of overpowered enemies

5. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Honestly I don't think I'm a fan of one exact genre, I like specific games from all. I'm a huge fan of turn-based (J)RPGs like the Dragon Quest series or the Epic Battle Fantasy series, as well as (MMO)RPGs like (obviously) Wynncraft, Skyrim and the Fable series. However, I'm also a fan of Bullet-Hells and Rogue-likes like The Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Rogue Legacy and Crypt of the Necrodancer. As well as platformers like Rayman Origins and Legends, Mario Galaxy etc. I'm also quite partial to racing games like Burnout: Paradise and, as it should go without stating based on the context of this post, sandbox games like Minecraft, Terraria and Just Cause 3.

6. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    Open world games are primarily my favourite genre of games if done right e.g Bethesda games.

7. Twilo101

Twilo101 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is a really hard one for me, since most of my favorite games are in completely different catagories.

Hollow Knight: Metroidvania
    Team Fortress 2: FPS
    Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon: Rogue-Lite
    Ori And The Blind Forest: Platformer
    Portal 2: Puzzle

Tl;Dr Don't have one favourite

8. Statybininkas18

Statybininkas18 Travelled Adventurer

action-adventure
    Racing is also nice :)

9. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    For me, it's either 3D platformers, open world adventure, or turn based RPGs. I do have a slight nostalgic bias for RPGs, since I grew up with them.

10. Crowseph

Crowseph Not your average birb HERO

Minecraft:
    Pretty much agree

11. FinalFront

FinalFront Travelled Adventurer

MMO, RPGs and Sandboxes :L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.