Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really want to know what's so high priority that yall actually had to switch the focus of an entire update in order to get it in as fast as possible. I legitimately can't see how it could be important enough to make a switch in design that not only infuriates the community but also throws the CT off and delays everything. Then again, I know basically nothing :P

Gort, Thega and SUPER M like this.
  2. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    by za worldo edit

Druser likes this.
  3. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    so we're on the road to Road To Dern, got it

ploo, ThomAnn100, Moss and 2 others like this.
  4. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    More like the Road to Disappointment...

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    can we get a road to grammar too

ploo, Druser, ThomAnn100 and 5 others like this.
  6. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Lol, maybe after that if the owners don't change their mind at the last minute of development.

Trash, SUPER M and captainganon like this.
  7. Tntdestroyd

Tntdestroyd Brutally honest VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, considering everything, I'm not going to lie, im not surprised. You would be correct, its not the greatest idea to promise something or get peoples hopes up on something that you cant keep your word on or not deliver. What about other things then, like so many others have been saying, focus on things that have been overly neglected, like guild issues, THE NETHER, the nether alone could allow so many more activities, possibilities, and new forms of entertainment, also the rules you make for the game explained more in detail, so that it will cover more aspects of where someone can exploit or abuse it, and enforce them. If you can't deliver on the 5 months promise, at least fix things like those already, and not like 7 months from now, give us at least something that is going to make us want to come back everyday.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  8. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    Imo, even if the bugs with the nether were fixed and poison was rebalanced, the nether would still be a broken piece of shit, mainly because of mages and archers having an advantage over everyone else, with mage’s heal and ice snake and archer’s escape. At this point, I don’t think PvP will ever be balanced without changing the classes themselves.

I’d rather see something like a reliable and repeatable way to get money, like what the berry and fish teasers seem to be pointing to. Let’s just pray that it’s not like Seavale. Don’t get me wrong, Seavale’s great, but not for level 100’s

Pokextreme, Saya and SUPER M like this.
  9. dbleo

dbleo Dream Crusher HERO

Minecraft:
    At least jp had this to say
    More 1.18 Hype.png

CookedPelvis, Tsuneo and starx280 like this.
  10. CylinderKnot

CylinderKnot BOOM! TETRIS FOR JEFF!

Minecraft:
  11. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
    Now read my statement again. I never said that the CT's didn't put enough effort into this update!I'm saying that there was a severe lack of transperancy among the CT's and all of the community.

Dern was just getting hyped and hyped to no end and it honestly would have ended up sucking. Case in point No Mans Sky. By being vague, and not giving details to the community you leave people to their imagination, and imagination unchecked can lead to unrealistic expectations and goals. By giving them iron hard facts you at least curb the wild tendancies of their imagination. When you suddenly announce out of the blue to cancel a update, that's when people will crumble at the lack of transperancy. Also being vague gives no advantage to anybody at all, only hurts everybody

Druser and SUPER M like this.
  12. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think y'all need to chill and watch some anime to cool off
    or read manga or read light novels or read web novels i wont judge

CylinderKnot and Moss like this.
  13. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    get away you weeb

/s

14. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    upload_2018-9-2_22-24-13.png
    haha checkmate gottem

Dr Zed and CoolVictor2002 like this.
  15. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A road filled with broken dreams, unfulfilled expectations, dead bodies, and potholes.

Dr Zed likes this.
  16. Assassin4Lyfe

Assassin4Lyfe That guy who somehow got into Hax, Lir, and Eco. VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm going to be blatantly honest here (warning signs should be flashing). I think that adding more content to Wynn without fixing/improving the current content is not the correct way to go (I understand that there is likely improvement work being done in the background). I started playing wynn two years ago today. My first day (September 2nd I believe) I met an old friend from dr who I had not seen in literally years. The next several months were more of the same; I made friends, joined guilds, and made memories. Around the time when totems first came out and d-cave was heavily abused, the fun of the first several months ended. I had reached level 100 on assassin, and could not do a single thing right (nearly all of these are no fault of wynn's). I could not make a proper build. I had no idea how to progress in the economy. I wasn't sure what to do in my end-game. So I made a second class (mage) and played through wynn again. It wasn't as fun as the first time, but it still was enjoyable. By the time I reached ~80 with the mage, I had a level ~60 warrior. CSST came out then, and I got both classes to 100 quickly. I now had this: 100/100/100/~40/1, and was back to where I was when I first reached 100 with assassin. I still had many of the same issues, but I had learned some things. I had a vague idea of how the economy worked, and I could make builds. I wanted a mythic, but I still was so bad at the economy that I could not afford one, no matter how much I sold and no matter how many times I loot ran. I worked through this until around January of this year. Around this time, I gave up. I had gotten bored, because I had no purpose. The friends that I had made at the beginning were long gone, and the good times that I had had playing in the beginning were fading. I knew many of the other high leveled people, but only in passing. This takes us to a month ago where I decided to start playing again. I don't know why; maybe it was because I needed something to occupy my time, or because I wanted to give wynn another shot. I logged back on and saw that they had changed how guild wars worked, as well as several other minor things. I managed to rejoin hax, which I had been kicked from more than a year before. I started lootrunning again, but I still could not make money. I'd run rodoroc AND corkus back to back and only earn ~45 eb for spending hours of my time. This gets me to today. I have opened 13,676 chests and killed 115,593 mobs. I do not know how many hours I have played, as the hour counter is inaccurate, however it is likely more than 10 days worth of time. Between now and when I first got my level 100 assassin, little of my quality of life has improved. Banks were fixed (thank lord for that), but aside from that little has changed for me. I still lootrun almost daily, I still rarely make le, I still cannot afford a mythic and have never even used one in a build. I keep hoping that I may get a mythic, but my hope is likely futile. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this at reply at this point. The only issue that I can even claim to have suffered from is wynn's broken economy, which rewards the few who are lucky enough and smart enough to take advantage of it. It would be hypocritical of me to insult them or look down on them because in some way they have earned what they have. I can't look down on wynn's developers or content team, because they are a group of amazing human beings who try their best to make wynn a better place, and they gave me some amazing memories and friends. I can see that I have written a wall of text. I do not have the heart to read it. Few of you will likely read it in its entirety. Maybe I actually had a point in here somewhere, or maybe you have a comment on my post. If I or you had/have either of those things, reply to me. Also, please don't spear me too heavily if you want to reply. I had good intentions when I started writing, but now at the end I see a heartfelt rant that I don't have the heart to delete. Good night and good luck.

Nukewarmachine, Lemon and Robbee like this.
  17. Jalapeno9

Jalapeno9 Shadow of my former self HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    14 pages. Less than one day. Is this new record for page count?

SUPER M likes this.
  18. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yes. I believe so, in this amount of time.

19. Paladinen

Paladinen The Paladin VIP+

Minecraft:
    Still looks sick!

20. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Just to clarify what I said above:
    I don't really care if RtD is gonna be postponed, but you guys surely gave us a ton of disappointment. Also I don't like how you guys postponed everything without a clear explanation at that time.

Gort, Dr Zed, mouldy and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.