Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Announcement Regarding The Next Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh yeah I gotcha. I'm not saying to set specific release dates, I'm just saying to release a teaser every two or three months, and having discussions about what their intent is and what direction they want the game to go in.

That_Chudley, H0Y, Sonick and 6 others like this.
  2. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's the whole point!

Also I don't think you can compare game developers that are building a game from scratch to game developers that are making a game through lready exsisting assets. Though I might be wrong.

3. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    That is actually something I would fully support. Giving the community some insight on the development process would be helpful and allow everyone to understand exactly why they have to postpone updates.

That_Chudley, Tsuneo, Druser and 7 others like this.
  4. Avidify

Avidify 10 > 50 stacks of LE in 1 month || Pricechecker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not even going to lie, this is very disappointing. I've been bored of Wynn for well over half a year now, primarily because the lack of new end-game content (My reasoning I'd say also extending to the lack of updates about the updates themselves etc.).

The market has always been one of my favorite things to indulge in on wynn, and unfortunately the market is the stalest and most saturated it's ever been since the release of Gavel (Allow me to clarify this is more of a personal reason and I am fully aware the market is in no way the CT's priority). This on top of the lack of new content has essentially caused my motivation to play go down to just about none. My incentive to log on a few times a week is now usually to talk to the many friends I have within this community that I would hate to lose contact with.

I'm not bashing the CT in any way, they work extremely hard and don't deserve any sort of hate as they do this out of their own generosity and commitment, but unfortunately at this point the lack of transparency with the community is doing much more harm than good in my eyes. I'm sorry but anyone arguing that the couple small vague teasers/seldom updates that are given every so few months is enough, are flat out wrong. I am genuinely curious as to what has been set as higher priority than the most hyped update since Gavel, causing a delay in the release of RtD, but I am sure there is good reasoning behind it and have faith in the CT. As I stated I am disappointed, but if this delay ensures the quality of the update, then so be it.

Oh and, for those telling others to stop complaining, the community has every right to be frustrated as long as the frustration is vented in a constructive manner and not just flame wars/whining.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  5. InfernoWraith

InfernoWraith A random spastic with opinions

Minecraft:
    Finally we are able to get the point across.

SUPER M and Dr Zed like this.
  6. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if it was a joke? If you're hurt be a joke, than you're so thin skinned that a gust of wind could make you bleed.
    that's your subjective opinion
    THEY ARE THE ONES GETTING HURT. I'm not going to them and bludgening them to death with my words. I give them criticism, they come right next to me , take my words, hit themselves in the head with them and cry how I hurt them.
    That's your subjective opinion. If I can't joke about something, becouse they are offended by it, it probably means that joke was true.
    You're assuming that. You don't know what kind of person I am and neither do I know what kind of person you are.

7. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    Exactly the lack of transparency is our gripe, not that the update has been delayed.

Druser, Pokextreme and SUPER M like this.
  8. TheRealWybel

TheRealWybel bing chilling HERO

Minecraft:
    I feel you, but like idk. They mentioned a big update so if it comes early 2019 and its bigger than Dern then thats even better

Pokextreme likes this.
  9. Komo

Komo Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    @Anthony Fantano And what would you do with the information? Say "Ok cool" and be content with the info or would you be so thirsty for more information that you wouldn't stop until you're in their personal dms? You may think that's extreme but I've seen people like you before. You're not content to know that there's more coming. You need to be so ingrained in the inner working of the game that you're not going to be satisfied unless they run every idea like a filter through you. What my point was in my earlier post was that you need to chill and take stuff as they release it. If you really liked the game then anything they put out would be amazing like the minority positive comments here. Also, the "criticism" as you put it is completely bullshit. From what I've read I haven't been able to see one legitimate criticism about the actual game. All you've been doing is complaining about release times and whether or not they are doing what they promised. Your mere $80 does not make you quality control over this massive company. Sit the fuck down.

10. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    I see that you're a psychic who knows what everyone will do even before they've done it. Great, now could you quickly predict which lottery ticket will win me 1 million USD?

11. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    64*
    It says you need 128 but you actually only need 64
    my comment has nothing to do with this thread actually carry on

12. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Yeah, I don't know if you've noticed, but criticising a game is kinda hard when you don't get any information on it.

ReReverse, Spinel, RazorGuild and 3 others like this.
  13. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    IMMA RUN LI RIGHT FUCKING NOW, LI MEDALLION IS ONLY 64 INSTEAD OF 128 WHAT IMMA JUST RUN IT CONSTANTLY. You just ruined the flow of a good discussion. Thanks :)

Also I just have to state this
    *The moment when somebody tries to shut somebody down hard, but get slapped back into place like a pinball machine*

14. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    How is it "bullshit"?

SUPER M likes this.
  15. Shots

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yw
    Also if I see a mistake Ima correct it because I can
    I guess there's a problem with giving information maybe we shouldn't do it

16. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    You want criticism? How about lack of endgame content, the lack of a tier bridging the gap between Legendary and Mythic, the mandatory grinding? I was hoping that RTD would address this since I do love whenever a new province is released since it tends to bring a lot of content and such for us to do. Also due to the high record of the CT's I was expecting high efforts from them, but ended up being disappointed, not angry. I'm just disappointed at the lack of transparency, not angry.

That wasn't my intention, I was trying to point it out in a sarcastic way, didn't mean to anger anyone. Sorry buddy :(

17. Shots

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ik I was being sarcastic with the first and last part oof

RazorGuild likes this.
  18. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    People can be pissed off right now, ok? They say rtd isn’t coming next update and the new update will be delayed. The upcoming content drought sucks for me and a lot of other people. We also can’t criticize something we have no clue about, so I call bullshit on your “bullshit” @Komo

Dr Zed and SUPER M like this.
  19. InfernoWraith

Minecraft:
    Lol we both misunderstood each other :tearsofjoy:

Dr Zed, SUPER M and Shots like this.
  20. Lexwomy

Lexwomy Lexwomy HERO

Minecraft:
    sooo there going to be any word on the newest update aside from rtd?

Druser and SUPER M like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.