Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Item Attributes

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Felian, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felian

Felian Skilled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Hey guys,

i'm playin' Wynncraft for about 2-3 weeks and there are a few questions left.
    I've seen some item attributes and don't know the difference or what the effect of them are.

1. Thorns
    > for example: i've 50% thorn - when the attacker makes 1ßß dmg, will he get 50 dmg too?

2. Reflection
    > isn't this the same as thorns? i really don't know :D

3. Melee Damage
    > most time i'm playin' with an archer and idk why there is melee damage on a few bows. Am i wrong is this totally useless?

4. Life Steal / Mana Steal
    > how does this works? Do i only get this life while i'm fighting or what? Or is it enough that i hit an enemy and then i steal life for 4 seconds, no matter if i'm still fighting or runnin'? xD

I hope some of you can answer my question :)

Thanks a lot ;)

2. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Idk how the calculation of damage works but 50% is the chance it has to activate

Thorns can activate when hit by a melee, while reflection can activate when hit by a projectile/spell

Melee damage is pretty useless besides charging up powder specials because of single target on archers but it is by no means useless in all scenarios/builds etc. etc. etc. (such as hybrid or melee archer builds)

Only melee hits activate lifesteal and manasteal. The /4s at the end means about every 4 seconds your lifesteal or mana steal should activate on average. You will gain back the amount of hp or mana of your lifesteal or manasteal with that melee.

Ex. I'm using a super slow attack speed weapon for example. Since it melees once every 2 seconds, my mana/lifesteal should trigger once every 2 melees

3. Felian

Minecraft:
    Ah, thanks for your answer - now i understand it much better :)

But what is if you have more than 100% throns/reflection? I think this is useless, right?

4. TitanZERØ

TitanZERØ Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    ye i think more then 100% is not that usefull
    and i have some more info for the lifesteal
    if you want to know the chances of the lifesteal triggering, i calculated them for every attack speed
    here is my calculation https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/life-steal-mana-steal.217520/#post-2630711

5. ElegantDeath

ElegantDeath Who needs a title anyways HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    50% is the chance it has to deal damage to your attacker
    The rates iirc are 150% of the damage to mobs and 50% when hit by a player
    Reflection works with spells but thorns works with melee
    Melee damage is the basic attack, thus Archer's basic attack which happens to be ranged, still counts as melee
    I'm not too sure on this one
    But last I checked, life steal has a specific chance to activate, different with every attack speed, and gives you a bit of health
    Not sure on the 4 seconds thing, could just be an outdated id format since I've only ever seen it heal instantly

6. Felian

Minecraft:
    Alright, thanks to all for your replies. I hope this will help me to get a little bit better with my stats :)

7. Isomies

Isomies - VIP

Minecraft:
    Um actually archers ranged hits can activate life steal, i have tested this a few times and it has always worked.

8. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Archer's basic attack has the same properties as any other melee attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.