Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Battle Of The Worst Quests

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by mouldy, Jun 11, 2018.

?

Worst quest?

1. Eye of the Storm

2. Star Thief

3. Temple of the Legends

4. The Ultimate Weapon

5. The Realm of Light

6. Beneath the Depths

7. The Tower of Amnesia

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    Idk maybe I should have done this maybe not
    So basically just vote in the poll to say which quest is the worst. Post suggestions for the worst quests and if your post gets 3 likes or more I’ll add it to the poll... yeah.
    Also if there is a currently alive thread of this I’ll take this down
    Disqualified Quests:
    Lord of the Clock
    Mushroom Man
    Potion Making

funnysillyman and Dr Zed like this.
  2. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    Realm of light.

Realm of light is my most hated quest, not only it's a long quest, it has some pre-quests, which makes it even longer, and massier.
    For people who have potato PC, might have some frame issues in the realm itself, making it hard for them to do the quest and do the steps it requires.
    Having a grinding task for it makes it even worse, needing to grind some mobs is the most annoying task of them all (yes I know, the Ultimate weapon is even more grinding), espically if the spawn rate of the mob itself is super low...
    The place itself is pretty much hard to nevigate, going around and around all the place is super hard, heck even I took a good time to find the end point of the quest.

Overall, the quest has a really deep meaning and story, which I like, but the steps are super long and it's hard to nevigate.

That's my most hated quest, thanks for reading

3. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eye of the storm for good reason. Although all the other quests above are bad, they all have something that eye of storm does not. This thing is called a good reward. Tol gives you access to getting the Bob items and a good grinding place. The Ultimate Weapon gives you 8 le for doing it (assuming you do not throw away the item). Eye of the storm gives you some weak ass amulet that you will throw away once you id it.

DiamondYveltal, MOOOSH, Aya and 2 others like this.
  4. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    I personally never had any real issue with The Realm of Light (although I will agree I wish there was more at the end of it cough cough)
    I never was anyone that really cared much about lore, gameplay in the quest is eh but I can look past that.

One thing I really look forward to is builds, which in this case is a huge winner with the gate, the cave leading to the realm and the entire realm itself.

My personal most hated quest has got to be Beneath the Depths. Talk to some dude, go through this section of buggy traps if there's lag, go back, then go to mage island and pay up, scour the entire ocean for some underwater cave to fight an uninteresting boss then go back.

Also, I haven't used the reward boots once.

Jelliee_, SgtClips, Aya and 2 others like this.
  5. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
  6. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Whats not to like about Star Thief?

7. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't really hate any of these quests so uh
    Star thief's fine because it's super duper short and it syncs up well if you're doing Clearing the Camps at the same time and you follow a set path of getting the heads and doing Star Thief. Ultimate Weapon is literally grinding so I dislike it but not a ton because I'm guaranteed to at least get what I'm grinding for and 7le is nice. Realm of Light's grinding part is annoying and I wish it had more depth. ToL is a fetch quest besides the boss and I would hate it if the boss wasn't there. I actually enjoy of Eye of the Storm even if the reward is bad compared to the others. Out of all 5 if I had to choose though I would have to say Realm of Light is the one I usually least enjoy doing.
    ^Let me fight Orphion now please.

By the way the quest I hate the most is Tower of Amnesia because even if you go to Nessak and buy all the scrolls besides Selchar legit all you do is buy scrolls. It may be fun the first time doing it and going to towns you've never been to before (for me it kind of was even though I didn't have a horse) but after that it's literally just wasting emeralds for a reset scroll that you might misclick and use anyways and quest completion.

8. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would also like to add, that they created gigantic new realm for this quest and only ever used it once. In the trailer for Gavel it was emphasized as something really important, but when it came out it was actually a giant, "go from point A, to point B, to point C" quest. There is literally no reason to ever go back there; aside from a dungeon which will probably never come out.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  9. TheRelicHunter

TheRelicHunter Member of the wynncast VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hey man, I'm sure they plan to use this area more in the future. While I don't really enjoy the fetch quest that is finding the light I and II, I still love the lore that goes with it. Lore wise this and Aldorei's Secret are my favorite quests.

10. Ghastkilla

Ghastkilla Professional Grape HERO

Minecraft:
    Ultimate weapon was my favorite quest bc of the le

mouldy likes this.
  11. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Any quest where you got a quest helmet is the worst one in my book (example: Realm of Light). Back when banks were tiny you had to dedicate an entire class just to store your helmets. If you did quests on multiple classes things would get even worse. Finding the Light is pretty much the only exception, because the quest was pretty fun and the Spectacles actually seem good for their level now.

mouldy, DiamondYveltal and Tisaun like this.
  12. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    How about Purple and Blue?

13. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Aldorei's Secret Part 2. First you gotta go through this parkour which is really hard because of the corners of the platforms. Then you have to go through a puzzle WHILE being attacked by mobs. Then guess what. MORE PARKOUR! Then after that? Another puzzle! Not to mention this is probably my least favorite puzzle in the game because all it is is just rotating pieces of glass until they all line up. It's not hard, but it takes forever.

14. Altakar

Altakar former 1000+ day counter moth Item Team

Minecraft:
    Purple and Blue also gives a quest helmet, but you are allowed to throw it away once the quest is completed. The Restored Ancient Helmet is not bad, either.

dreamer101, Tisaun, Aya and 7 others like this.
  15. opps123456789

opps123456789 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I personally like all of them except the realm of light quest because I didn't know it gave me a new hat to wear so I spent along time trying to figure out how to go into those tunnels that required to the hat.

16. Stratiformis

Stratiformis Banned 5 years ago. Hoping to come back...

Minecraft:
    I dont fucking care about shit like EotS and Star Thief. But, The Questline about Realm of Light itself is: Bring shit then go to somewhere then bring shit again. It makes me sad, cuz the quest about island of separatists is better than a quest about Light itself.
    No, even a quest with 4 stages (A Grave Mistake) is more intressting than RoL. But the saddest thing is a quest about Bob itself is bullshit too..

MlecznyHuxel99, Jacquie and Dr Zed like this.
  17. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    While Star Thief is boring and is nothing but a fetch quest, it's short. Finding the Light and the Realm of Light are probably the most disappointing quests (besides Eye of the Storm). Not only are they boring fetch quests, you get not one, not two, but three permanent helmets. Although we now have plenty of bank space, I hate using helmets in quests because A) They are overused and B) They screw up your build. I find it annoying every time there is an invisible wall that pops up a message saying some cheap excuse for why you can't go in there. It feels more like stretching and padding out the content than actually adding to the content, and kills the feeling of open exploration. The lore is really uninteresting and just seems to gloss over anything that could have been interesting. I wish they would do away with the whole "Light vs. Darkness" theme and focus on something original or fresh. Nothing we do in the Realm of Light has any impact, and nothing is referenced in any other quest.

Though Eye of the Storm is definitely by far the worst quest. It's basically the summation of what's wrong with half of Gavel's quests; confusing, uninteresting, and/or nonimpactful lore that's never mentioned again, one-off mediocre puzzles that don't fit the area, and a joke of a boss fight that's there for no good reason.

And it brings up a bigger problem; what's the player's actual purpose as a whole besides being, "the generic good guy?" In Shovel Knight, the player's purpose is to save their partner and rid the land of the tyranny of the witch. In Skyrim, it's to end a civil war and stop an evil dragon. In Celeste, it's to get to the top of a mountain. I thought the player's purpose in Wynncraft was to stop the Corruption, but we never do stop it or really learn what it is or what is controlling it. And what we do learn is just glossed over and has no impact.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    DiamondYveltal likes this.
  18. Isomies

Isomies - VIP

Minecraft:
    Well im okay with most of the quests but shit like craftmas chaos and realm of light need to go (or change). Both of them are literally Oh hello! Go and travel a lot and then travel a bit more. And then travel to the other side of the map. And now go kill someone. And travel again.

19. Psychomentalist

Psychomentalist Time is not on my side HERO

Minecraft:
    To be honest, I like the Quest System itself
    It makes you the main character on the main story line
    You really feel like you're on an adventure when doing the quests
    I think it's the most essential part of the game
    If it doesn't exist, the story itself won't disappear but can only be displayed by dialogues

slipped off the topic oops my least favourite quest is Beneath the Depths
    fucken skull cave the cannons keep pushing me back kthxbai im done with this quest

20. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Logic-wise: Eye of the Storm
    Least Amount of Enjoyment: Realm of Light Series

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.