Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Crazy Things You Thought Of As A Kid

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Angelic_Sinner, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angelic_Sinner

Angelic_Sinner A very contradictory username... -w-

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is just a thread for everyone to share some of the craziest and funniest thoughts they had whenever they were younger! :innocent: Sorry if this thread was already created in the past, but it seemed like a fun idea to try out.

Here are some of my own special moments while being younger to start it off:
    • I was convinced that I could become a fairy around the age of 5 years old if I danced to the Bratz: Fashion Pixies movie. A friend around my age convinced me of this, and lets just say it resulted in me plummeting towards the ground after attempting to "fly" off my bed numerous times in hopes to have wings. ;-;
    • All pools secretly had sharks in them on the deep end, and that they would find you if you ventured past the shallow end.
    • That Herobrine was in the game, so I was scared to play Minecraft for a couple months because I thought he would appear out of nowhere and attack me whenever it got dark out. :sweatsmile:

Creecreeprs and mouldy like this.
  2. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Near the village I live in there's a place where they used to dig for sand. Basically in the big pit there's now water. So there's around the edges it's not very deep but at a certain point it drops down to like 30 meters so swimming in there is dangerous for little kids. Basically my parents told me that there are crocodiles in the lake so we wouldn't try to swim there.

I also thought clouds are made out of some from factories and cars.

3. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i thoguht that chocolate milk came from brown cows

Blazo, Creecreeprs, mouldy and 3 others like this.
  4. Altakar

Altakar former 1000+ day counter moth Item Team

Minecraft:
    I thought it snowed in Antarctica

A lot

Blazo and Angelic_Sinner like this.
  5. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    i thought alvin and the chipmunks were real until i watched the behind the scenes of the movie, my tiny child heart was broken to pieces that day.

Blazo, Dr Zed, Aya and 1 other person like this.
  6. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I thought you became pregnant by kissing a person of the opposite sex on the lips. That's why when I was four, I was afraid to kiss my Grandmother because I wouldmake her pregnant.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Blazo, mouldy, Dr Zed and 1 other person like this.
  7. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In first grade I watched the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie (The one with Gene Wilder), and there was this one really weird scene in it. Willy Wonka feeds this one girl a pill that consists of all the food she would need in one day. It starts by tasting like some breakfast food, and eventually it gets to a dessert of Blueberry Pie(?). For some reason the pill makes here turn blue and swell up like a blueberry. That scene terrified me, and for months I would barely eat any food because I thought some breadcrumb or piece of oatmeal would turn me into a blueberry-human hybrid.

8. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    back in the day, on my first vacation to the mountains. my parents sad that trolls live in the caves there just to get me and my brother to not go into random caves. I used to watch a cartoon were they were the villains of the story, so it was extra scary for me then.

I gess dutch parents just lie to prevent us from doing something dangerous :)

mouldy, Dr Zed and Angelic_Sinner like this.
  9. Remonation

Remonation Swynning on haters VIP

Minecraft:
    Oh boy, I remember one. That a fat guy in a red suit would watch me all the time and give me coal if I was a bad boy. Not to mention he had little slaves, and I had to give this fat guy even more calories every year...

Dr Zed, Aya, Tisaun and 2 others like this.
  10. Angelic_Sinner

Angelic_Sinner A very contradictory username... -w-

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh yes, I remember those days...always feeling watched, and handing over your food to him. :tearsofjoy: I used to put random stuff like peanut butter and carrots onto a plate alongside the cookies in hopes his reindeer would also be happy that way they wouldn't take away the presents. Sadly none of them really wanted the food I left anyways.

11. EgdarTheRuiner

EgdarTheRuiner Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I know that I thought a woman got pregnant just by getting married.
    I also thought that the healthy vs unhealthy food you ate in a day would gather and have a huge fight when you're asleep. If the healthy food won you'd lose weight, if the unhealthy food won you gained weight

mouldy, Angelic_Sinner and Dr Zed like this.
  12. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    i believed that santa existed

Angelic_Sinner likes this.
  13. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I was afraid that a monster would come out of my closet, so I would always shut the door before I went to bed. I guess my dad could tell, so one night while my mom was tucking me into bed, he snuck into my closet when I wasn’t looking. I then asked my mom to check the closet. She must’ve rolled her eyes, but the moment she opened the closet and saw someone in the dark she screamed and punched him hard in the face. Let’s just say that I never had that fear afterwards... ;)

H0Y, WithTheFish, Aya and 4 others like this.
  14. Stupid Steelpid

Stupid Steelpid Searches for a Fermion, gets a Stardew instead CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    same
    i was a stupid kiddo

Angelic_Sinner likes this.
  15. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    so basically you were scared of living fnaf 4, except the ending would be just you beating said monsters to death

Angelic_Sinner and Dr Zed like this.
  16. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Basically, except without a living golden teddy bear and shitty lore.

Stormarend, Aya and Angelic_Sinner like this.
  17. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    Oh God. Here I go again.
    When I was a kid (5-6 Y/O), I believed Leprechauns were physical embodiments of demons. I knew about that end-of-the-rainbow shit, how there would be one at the end of a rainbow. So there was once, I saw a beetle at the end of a rainbow (which happened to be near my house) and I thought it was a leprechaun in disguise. So I took it, drew some crude drawing in the front garden with a metal pole, poured FUCKING GASOLINE, threw the beetle in and lit it up.

I burnt down all the flowers and the grass. Next thing you know, all my shit was in the trash chute and there were 9 cane marks on my ass.

Blazo, Creecreeprs, 7Mile and 6 others like this.
  18. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    It doesn’t touch the ground but there is a point where it somewhat ends.

19. Heart_Of_Stone

Heart_Of_Stone Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Around the age of 6 or 7 i was told by my sisters that if i didn't start behaving that the easter Bunny would come into my room and punch me in the middle of the night...I slept with my whole body under my blanket with my pillows covering my face.
    I also thought that when the ice cream truck was playing music that it meant it was out of ice cream...i learned what it meant when i turned 8.
    I thought if a spider bit me i would become spiderman...I ended up in hospital after i attempted that

I was very gullible as a child and i still am gullible sometimes

20. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I thought the skyscrapers made clouds. Hey, in my language they are literally called ”cloud-drawers”.

Tisaun, Dr Zed and Angelic_Sinner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.