Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What Are The Worst Things In Wynncraft?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Isomies, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleXPWeekend

DoubleXPWeekend Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Lack of content (especially quests at high level like bruh) and logging in a server just to see server restarting in x minutes

Woissh and Gogeta like this.
  2. Spore999

Spore999 Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    you joined june 2nd, 2014, that is the exact date.

Jacoblouis likes this.
  3. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The flight test in Royal Trials

It took me half an hour

mouldy likes this.
  4. Jacoblouis

Jacoblouis Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh okay! Cool

5. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    The meme section on the discord

from, Spinel and nicktree like this.
  6. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I agree they are interesting compared to the rest of the quests, but that isn’t saying much. Wynn Excavation is fine, but the Realm of Light quest line I hate the most. It’s so hamfisted, unfinished, boring, inconsistent, and unoriginal that it makes Destiny’s story telling look like Tell Tale Games’.

Spinel and mouldy like this.
  7. Toasted Asian

Toasted Asian Toasty VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Being an assassin and falling into lava / water

mouldy and Gogeta like this.
  8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have to take issue with this. I happen to be the one who made said boss, and indeed all of the altar bosses, and I have certain specifications for how to make them, which the Tribe Zombie Chief completely breaks.

For most altar bosses with a couple of exceptions, they're a boss of stats at whatever level they happen to be, with boosts of 2-3x for their health, and a 1.5-2x boost to their damage. Some exceptions include Adamastor, boss of the Aerie of the Recluse altar, in which she has more than 3x health(base health for a Lv 100 boss is 86000, she has 400000, approximately 4.65x health) and the Blade of Shade(due to its splitting mechanic, it has over a million combined health, but the damage of each enemy is much lower than usual and scales).

The Tribe Zombie Chief is also one. Baseline health is 20600 for a boss at that level, and it should deal about 460 damage per hit. However, since it's an altar boss, it must be higher. Its stats are as such:

Health: 31000(~1.5x baseline)
    Damage: 400-520 Neutral, 100-130 Earth(Total: 500-650, 575 avg. 1.25x baseline)
    Attack Rate: 1(measured per second)
    Spell: CHARGE(Charge causes the mob to lunge towards where it is targetting. Causes no damage.), HEAVY_MULTIHIT, HEAVY_MULTIHIT(Heavy Multihits throws an attack which inflicts 11 hits of the stated spell damage and knocks the player around if they are caught.)
    spellCooldown: 2, 6, 10(measured in seconds, 10% variance)
    damage: 20, 20, 20(measured as % of total damage; 100-130)

So, half its overall baseline.

If you're citing the healers, their low health compared to the Chieftain means their heals aren't actually very effective, they are completely incapable of attacking, and fire damage(which all but Assassins can inflict via spells) utterly slays them.

If you're citing the growth of minions, they are extremely slow and have no spells to catch up, and thus are very easy to corral and turn into a non-issue. They aren't that much stronger than a normal enemy and due to their numbers are great fodder for life or mana steal effects.

I see no reason why this boss is so difficult.

9. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that's how ridiculously easy Wynn has become. Loot Chests give so much more stuff, there's 100x more of them everywhere, mobs drop a bajillion emeralds instead of 0-1, the most pathetic quests give 5000 LE just because they happen to be high level…

I wouldn't go as far as saying the full endgame gear cost 4~5 LE. It was closer to 6 or 7.

The fact that currency has become worthless only gives a massive advantage to new players, while screwing over veterans when it comes to the money/playtime ratio.

10. Caldrie

Caldrie Travelled Adventurer

The fact that my armour has negative health regen and is slowly killing me...

Tisaun, nicktree, Gogeta and 2 others like this.
  11. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the reply, but I am going to say something from your data and your point of view that the boss isn't that hard. For boss altar bosses, I can also see boosts of health and damage since I challenged all of the boss altars except the low-level and new ones.

Its health is fine. Dealing 31000 damage for a level 57 rookie is just a matter of time, and 1.5x health needs 1.5x more time according to my calculation, that means for a level 57 player, they need to really endure the attacks or dodge them for 50% more time.

Now lets see the damage. It has a total of 575 damage if we use the average. That means for a non-defense class with approximately 3500 health, 7 blows can kill them. This situation is like Giant rat from before, which you will die after taking 3-4 hits. Lets do the comparison later.

The attack rate is also fine.

Now for the spells. The boss uses charge for in 1.8-2.2 seconds which is very frequent. Assume it travels through 10 blocks every time, you can't catch it up with approximately 3.5 blocks per second if you don't equip any items that add up the speed. This puts non-ranged class, such as warrior and assassins, which also aren't good at spells either, in a really bad disvantage(s). Also the relatively frequent multihit can be casted 3 times in 5 seconds if it is the worst case. With the charge, first the chief fly towards you, and then use multihit, which has approximately 1300 damage out of nowhere. 1300 damage is nearly half of the health that a level 57 player.

And overall the player have to use 1.5x of the time taken to fight slykaar (which has 21000 health approximately) to endure an even more dangerous boss.

The healers has a heal spell, which can heal 5k health to the zombie chef, which is one-sixth of the total health. And it deals one-seventh of the health of the player. Having a heal spell means that the time to fight and endure can be longer than the expected time, which is something I assumed before, 1.5x of the time to kill Slykaar.

The number of minions is really high though. What you said is that players can take advantages with life steal and mana steal from the minions, but the thing is that the health of them are really high. Also, I think you can't expect much from life steal and mana steal from level 50 items, since most level 57 players, who are doing this quest, doesn't even know a thing about item identifications. If the players handle the minions not really well, they can easily be swarmed by the minions and die in 1-2 seconds.

This boss is not so difficult? Really? I always think that don't look at things in Game Maker's perspective, since if something varies, another relevant things can also vary with it like a chain, and when you make a few change from the base count, it can cause a really big change as a result.

Comparison of Giant rat and Tribe Zombie Chief:
    Giant rat kills a player in 3-4 hits, and the zombie kills a player in 7-10 hits.
    The player can kill a rat in 7-8 hits, when they can't even kill the zombie in 70-80 hits.
    The rat has no skills, unlike zombie.
    The rat doesn't have any minions, when the minions in zombie swarms you.
    The rat can destroy the server itself, while the zombie can't.

Don't take the giant rat comparison seriously though.
    And I come from Hong Kong so my grammar sucks

12. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    Hi im from 2013 and im still here

_DeaDline_ likes this.
  13. Faded the weeb

Faded the weeb your local weeb VIP+

Minecraft:
    Some armors and weapons have those sort of stats for balancing reasons. Later on you'll likely encounter MUCH worse examples, but quite a few of them then have positive stats to make them worth using such as tons of lifesteal, lots more damage/defense, etc etc.

14. TheYoshi27

TheYoshi27 most sane weathered user HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    moderators.

CountBurn, nicktree and Stag2001 like this.
  15. D3mocracy

D3mocracy Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Server restart :(

Gogeta and CylinderKnot like this.
  16. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    lol true

17. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    fight me

18. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Same

19. StoopidDog

StoopidDog A high probability of barking HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there is no content to play for a long time.
    need a new content, like a new dungeon type (raid)
    and mythic drop rate is so low.

20. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    the economy is broken as is

raising the drop rate will tear it apart

new dungeon type

yeah sure let's focus on developing entirely new and unused mechanics when the community gets restless after 6-7 months of waiting for an update

StoopidDog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.