Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Getting Back To Wynn For The First Time In 3 Years

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Squiggles, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggles

Squiggles King of the squid village

Guild:
    Hi so I used to frequent this server a lot back in the day, I have a level 75 assassin and warrior.
    I have been guided back to these forms out of a sense of nostalgia and I'm thinking about hopping back into Wynn, but before I do anything at all I want some questions answered.
    1. Can I still solo most quests?
    2. How badly was assasin nerfed after gavel came out?
    3. Should I start a new character?
    4. Is mage still underpowered?
    5. What are some of the new grinding areas?
    6. Is this game still as grindy as ever?
    7. How has the economy shaken up since 2015?
    8. Other than gavel being added what other major changes should I be aware of?
    9. Are boats still horrible?
    10. How has the drop in players affected this server?

Thanks for reading I can't wait to hop back in this server and have a great time again take care!

Artemis Lance likes this.
  2. The Demon Queen

The Demon Queen Queen of Darkness, Queen of Evil CHAMPION

Minecraft:
  3. Squiggles

Squiggles King of the squid village

Guild:
  4. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    NOTE: Level cap was extended to Lv. 100

1. If you have a very good build, yes, however, you cannot solo the following quests: Reincarnation, Bob's Lost Soul, and ??? due to the player interaction.
    2. Assassin is still known as a little underpowered. Idk how much it's been nerfed
    3. YES. YES YES YES YES YES
    4. The exact opposite actually, now. Mage is the most OVERpowered class. Therefore, don't use it, unless you want the game to be easy.
    5. The most popular spots currently are Corrupted Sand Swept Tomb (CSST) , and Freezing Heights in the Molten Heights area of Gavel.
    6. It's honestly a lot better, however, theres still quite a bit of grinding from level 90-100.
    7. Idk the answer to this question.
    8. The Corkus Update, (yep, it used to be an april fools joke but now it's actually here), Gameplay Update, elemental powders, relics were removed, discoveries, and a new quest book. Theres more, so explore deeper.
    9. Yes. I recommend that you use the newly added Seaskipper, which allows you to instantly travel to a island or dock/coastline for a small cost.
    10. Idk the answer to this question.

5. Ear Infection

Ear Infection Back Again HERO

Minecraft:
    1. Yes, with the exception of those with mandatory player interaction. [E.G The New ???, Reincarnation, ETC.]
    2. Not Sure.
    3. Do what you want. I'd recommend starting a mage if you do.
    4. Hell No.
    5. Freezing Heights in Gavel, Demon Cave in the Molten Heights, Corrupted Dungeons such as Corrupted Sand-Swept Tomb. [Silverfish dungeon]
    6. If you want to, you can have as much grinding as you want, but there are many more quests.
    7. You can find out yourself, I mean, stacks and stacks of LE on just one person... [Shivers]
    8. Many Cities have been Revamped, such as ragni and troms. The Gameplay update added a new Sprint bar which kicks infisprinters to the curb. Lots of new items, an entire new island, many more quests and there are also many more glitches that have been fixed. There is a new ??? Quest that can be talked about in the ??? Hunt forum category.
    9. Yes.
    10. Not sure.

6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    1. Yes, with the three exceptions of Reincarnation, Bob's lost soul, and ???
    2. Pretty badly; it's barely on par with the other classes at this point, and is probably the hardest to use effectively
    3. Probably.
    4. Nope; honestly they were brokenly overpowered until recently, and could completely heal a person for like 10k HP
    5. CSST is the most popular
    6. Kinda, yeah. There's more stuff to do though
    7. It's SO goddamn broken; it like 3 LE for a legendary, and like 5+ stacks of LE for a mythic
    8. Corkus is probably the main update you need to know about; there's also new Dungeons and revamped powders
    9. In 1.9+, yes. But we have a seaskipper now, which costs less let's you get to every major island
    10. Surprisingly, with the exception of Detlas, the drop isn't too noticeable. You'll actually tend to find more players per server since they raised the player cap. The main thing you're going to notice is the lack of constant shouts in chat

7. Cassie81

Cassie81 Overlord of The Dern Providence HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. Theoretically all quests except for ??? can, though Bob's Lost Soul and Reincarnation still need help with opening the doors.
    2. Assassin is far underpowered compared to the other classes.
    3. Go ahead if you wish, but you might want to level up your level 75+ classes along with the new quests.
    4. Mage is extremely powerful, even with the recent heal nerf they're still the most powerful class overall.
    5. Definitely go to CSST when you're level 71+ (I think that's the level requirement), it will be your main spot especially level 90+. Molten/Freezing Heights are also pretty good.
    6. Not as much as before, but level 90-100 can be pretty grindy because there's no quests from level 91-96. In my experience level 40-51 is still heavily grindy.
    7. Economy is pretty bad right now. Prices have inflated and particularly Mythic weapons have very preposterous prices.
    8. Corkus Update, and the Dungeons and Discoveries update. They both added and revamped quests.
    9. You don't need a boat now at all. Just use the Seaskipper to get to any of the important islands.
    10. Shouts are not as much as it was before, but you're likely to see more players in terms of density due to the servers now able to hold 100 people.

8. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Just gonna skip the gameplay update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.