Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Current State Of The Mythic Market

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Septicemia, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RemRin

RemRin Goddess of Air HERO

Minecraft:
    You would be surpriced how close this estimation actually is.

This completely contradicts with the mythics being very expensive when they came out argument, which was false to begin with.

SgtClips and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  2. Septicemia

Septicemia HOLY SHIT A MYTHIC NVM ITS MONSTER CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    First of all, I never said that mythics were very expensive when they came out. Not once. I even went so far as to give my anecdote about selling my Monster when it was only worth 1.25 stax. Second, saying that prices increased that much is in total support of saying they were relatively cheap when they came out. Prices went from relatively cheap to disproportionately expensive given the amount of new money actually entering the game.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    Trash likes this.
  3. RemRin

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    "Totally incorrect." ??????????

Stycore and Bramblesthatcat like this.
  4. Septicemia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think I quite understand what you are trying to get at. Do you think 1.25 stax for a Monster is a lot? Is that what you are trying to say? Because after I sold that Monster, prices started to skyrocket. I never said that mythics were worth a lot when they first came out, unless you think that 1.25 stax for an item which was worth 3-5 about 3 months later is expensive.

5. RemRin

Minecraft:
    Look, you say you never said that mythics were very expensive when they came out, yet when i made this statement:
    [​IMG]
    You replied saying "Totally incorrect", which signifies that you think the opposite. Sorry for the confusion.

6. Septicemia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah my bad for being unclear. That "totally incorrect" meant that there was certainly a time that mythics were worth stax and stax of LE, and that it wasn't right when they came out but rather a few months after.

7. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wouldnt that mean less mythics are being sold and more are being added

8. RemRin

Minecraft:
    False, if you look at the thread mythics are selling almost as much as they are being added.

SgtClips likes this.
  9. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can I please request people not to use passive-aggressive and/or arrogant approach when quarrelling their stance?
    I like reading your opinions, but when you make it personal, the entire discussion becomes off putting.

10. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lol wynn is not 4 me anymoar
    mytthic market has always been bad

Bramblesthatcat likes this.
  11. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    With all the respect, the stats on mythics actually really matter. If they are super crap, legendaries or even rares could be better. The stats are important. Also, mythics are flying all over the market, and mythic prices went up since more players became richer.
    This whole paragraph is also completely false. Mythics were actually very cheap when they first came out because money used to be worth a lot more back then. With the addition of Gavel, more money was added to the game, so players had more money. In result, pricing on basically all player sold item rose in price so mythics adjusted as well. With inflation comes higher prices, otherwise people everything will be dirt cheap. Also, not to mention that mythics are flying all over the market. Mythics are being transfered from player to player, and the market isn't dead for most items.
    First off, to begin with, that thread isn't anything official. Also, stats on mythics actually matter. It is completely false to say that mythics with little to no demand are not being sold for less as it should be because they already all. Take warchiefs for example, there are so many on market and common that their price has been affected as they are worth little due to their current demand.
    There is a buyer for every mythic, and wealthy players don't just hold on to the mythics they own. It may surprise you, however, a majority of the wealthy players in game look to improve the mythics they have for use. Not to mention, wealthy players also make up the majority of the trades on the mythic market, it is players with money that are selling to eachother and other players.
    More of Wynncraft's currency is being added to the game then is being taken out from quest, farming and other sources of money. Since you know economics so much, you should know that with inflation comes the rising of prices. Since players know obtain more money overall, prices of items increase otherwise everything would be dirt cheap. And I am coming back to this one that a majority of wealthy players aren't just sitting on there mythics and now no one can buy. False. A majority of the mythic market is wealthy players, and they look to often improve the mythics they have for use. A lot of the mythic market is also reselling, and a lot of wealthy players tend to do that as well to increase there money.
    The market for mythics started off low, but then again, you have to remember that mythics were added near the release of Gavel. With Gavel, there was a lot more opportunities and quest to use as a source to add more le to the game, so in the end, there was inflation. Therefore, during those months, prices for mythics did increase slowly, and sometimes pretty rapidly. Mythics adjusted with the new inflation, just like every other item, and they can still be worth stacks of le
    You have found 1 mythic, correct? Well, then it seems you haven't been active in the mythic market yourself. Us players who are wish, and are trying to inform you that the mythic market isn't as it seems to be as you stated it was in this thread.
    Mythic prices are actually worth the same, unless they were affected by nerf/buff or if they have become too common such as warchief. This idea that they aren't worth the same unless the stats are the best rolled completely contradicts your idea that stats/IDs don't matter.
    Someone brought up a very interesting point that 2-3 weeks of stalking the trade market on forums is not that great of a base research. I know that many players that are selling their mythics don't use forums as a place to sell their items. Many trades are going through in game, or even the Wynncraft discord. The Wynncraft discord is also a place where mythics are being sold. I've also sold some mythics recently, and there is no problem selling them normally. Most mythics do fine, and can find a buyer rather quickly.
    Last but not least, I think it is somewhat ridiculous that you created this thread if you haven't been involved, or buying from the mythic market in a while, therefore resulting in no recent experience of how it is.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.