Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Current State Of The Mythic Market

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Septicemia, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Septicemia

Septicemia HOLY SHIT A MYTHIC NVM ITS MONSTER CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My goal is not to rant about being "unlucky" or "poor." I have found one mythic and am worth ~5 stax, so I can't complain. I just want to draw attention to something that's been bothering me recently.

How often are mythics sold through the trade market?
    I might be missing something (in-game or private trades I don't know about), but it certainly seems that it is super infrequent. I've been casually tracking mythic selling threads for a few weeks, and the only replies they get are people arguing over the actual value of the items without intention of buying them. The point of a market is to have those providing goods connect with those who need them, not to have people who think that they know what they are talking about waste everyone's time debating value when they themselves have no skin in the game.

Anyway, why are no mythics being sold through the market? The answer is obviously the pricing. There was definitely a time when mythics were worth stacks upon stacks of LE. That was back when mythics were still relatiely new, and the super super wealthy players were fighting among themselves for a relatively small number of mythic items. Today, all of those players have the the items the want, yet people are still trying to sell mythics at the same prices only those players could afford. People today are trying to sell mythics at prices tailored to the super wealthy (who are no longer buying older items), and as a result, they remain unsold.

How much is a mythic item actually worth?
    Mythics should be priced according to their individual demands, as any Intro to Economics course would tell you. But, contrary to all logic, today's wynncraft decides prices solely based on their ID's, and within the price ranges established by this thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...or-not-2-one-of-the-new-mythics-added.221478/
    While an item's ID's are obviously critical in determining value, these price ceilings and floors are ridiculous given the current state of the market. At one point, yes, mythics were worth this much. The best ID'd mythics are still worth the top of these price ranges. But that was when they were newer and fewer peopole had them. Now, the demand for most mythics has decreased substantially, and as a result, your "average to above-average" should be worth the very bottom of these price ranges, and the "kinda okay to bad" mythics far below them. @Realises my suggestion would be to add what the most recent transactions for each mythic, so that people get an idea for what each item is actually being sold for, as apposed to what each item "should be worth" or "should have been worth."

Everyone wants to get rich.
    Now that you have a mythic, you want to sell it for the highest possible amount of money, and price it according to Realises' thread. However, nobody will buy it at that price. Those with tens of stax of LE have already purchased all the (not brand-new) mythics they want, and now the prices need to be tailored to players who don't have that kind of money, assuming you still want to sell your item. Sorry, but now if you want to make any money off of a 360 life steal Apoc or a 2/2 mana regen, 20% water damage Spring, it's not going to happen if you try to sell them for 4 stax and 10 stax, respectively. The purpose of a market is to have buyers and sellers meet, and anyone who has tried selling a mythic on the forums can agree that this just isn't happening at least 95% of the time because sellers are too stubborn to change their prices.

TL;DR
    Your mythics aren't worth the same as they used to be, sorry, unless they have some of the best stats ever rolled.

INFLATION!! There is more money in the system, so everything should cost more!!

Believe it or not, prices have increased way too much proportionally to the amount of new money entering the game. Again, as one would learn in an Intro to Econ class, inflation is a measure of how much more money is in CIRCULATION, as opposed to how much new money is minted/created. Prices for mythics rose so much because all the money sitting in banks was all suddenly circulating wildly as more and more wealthy people bought mythics. Now that they are done buying, that money has stopped circulating, which SHOULD cause a substantial price drop, but has not yet due to the reasons explained in "Everyone wants to get rich."

valvoid, Rixium, roboblock93 and 13 others like this.
  2. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    so all the rich people should give up on trying to make money and sell their mythics for tons less than what they bought them for
    or the staff should actually do something about the mythic prices and economy instead of doing nothing and having nothing happen? but many people hate allot of change like this, look at gavel and hive nerf

3. Septicemia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The rich people are not trying to sell their mythics, generally. They bought them for builds and are using them. People who are currently reselling will take a loss for sure, unless they are dealing with top-tier mythics. Also, it is not the staff's job to set and regulate prices. Their job is to make sure nobody is getting scammed. Overall prices naturally falling is not a scam.

4. Trash

Trash Add earth dagger VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hive fix*

5. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there still not doing their job then

6. TheRelicHunter

TheRelicHunter Member of the wynncast VIP+

Minecraft:
    They're*

plz dont hurt me

Bramblesthatcat and dbleo like this.
  7. Wynn: The Anime

Wynn: The Anime Does not like anime VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lol

8. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is in no way true. This whole thread is almost completely inaccurate.
    Also, money is still circulating everywhere. More le is being added to the game then is being lost. Every minute, tons of le is added as players grind emeralds and complete quest. Prices are high due to inflation, but people who have a lot of money aren't just having their money sitting around. Money is still flying everywhere.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  9. Vaward

Vaward First 100% Discoveries as of 12/19/17 22:42 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i mean if that was true i'd already have 28 stacks of le in my bank instead of a cata and slayer

Bramblesthatcat, Realises and Lego_DW like this.
  10. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    The money is still circulating, BUT LESS. And circulating isn’t the money disappearing, but rather, the money changing owners.

Trash likes this.
  11. Vaward

Vaward First 100% Discoveries as of 12/19/17 22:42 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Then how did I not know it was coming..? I don't understand you people and your religiously self-inforced rule of no double hive

Stycore and CountBurn like this.
  12. Craic

Craic Yeet

Minecraft:
    pro tip: sell mythics for super cheap or auction them

SgtClips and TheRelicHunter like this.
  13. RemRin

RemRin Goddess of Air HERO

Minecraft:
    There is so many flaws in this thread.

You are missing something. Mythic sales are frequent, look at mythic emporium for example, they have more mythics than ever now for sale. Also in game and on the forums there are a lot of people selling mythics.

Doesnt happen that often, actually. It has been happening on collapse threads, but that is because it is new and prices are unstable.

No clue how long you have been playing, but when mythics first came out they were actually not worth much. Prices just increased as the majority of the players got richer.

Wrong, will come back to this later

Kinda fair, all tho most mythics on the market get sold most of the time. Also its really obvious everyone wants to get the best price for their stuff, thats how getting wealthy works.

Ofcourse mythic prices are based on their IDs, this game runs all around IDs. Bad IDs = bad weapons, even if the demand is there nobody wants a bad weapon in an MMORPG.

Also that thread is just a thread with prices, most people dont look at it even. Prices on the thread are not even correct sometimes. Prices will change all the time (and they are), which makes this thread the most unreliable thing that should not be looked at.

How so? Statement that IDs are the most important thing, im repeating myself.

D o n t d o t h i s

Wrong, people with a decent amount of money want change from time to time, so they buy new mythics.

Overall i see where you are comming from, but some stuff isnt true. It is true however that some people get a wrong vieuw of a price, and thus overprice an item, resulting in it not being able to be sold. People should try to find out prices for themselves, looking at recent sales for comparisance. Thats how i view it atleast.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  14. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    No offence but like a critical look at this can see that 90% of this thread is factless opinion and speculation, you can call it a deduction at best, blended in with suggestive languages and confident wordings

You didn’t tried to include any evidences, or relate to events or trades or prices in the past, which honestly isn’t hard to do if you are slightly experienced in the market for a period of time(?) so wt I’m seeing possibly is you done some trading see more sell post than buy post tried to sell/resell but took a long time you jumped to that “conclusion” perhaps?

The assumption your whole thing based on is this
    Like, in game and private trades are actually where majority of mythic trading happens, especially traders that hang around in deltas wc1 and don’t bother to make a thread. Not to mention “casually” tracking “threads” for just “a few weeks” is like a very weak research base

All in all, don’t you think that you’re not really in a position to make a valid argument on this topic, both in research and experience wise?

Tho I guess you’re entitled to your own opinion? Which makes formatting the whole thing to look like a fact reporting newspaper more confusion to people who are inexperienced in the market...

15. dukioooo

dukioooo Creator of WynnData HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No matter what others say, you got the point... prices right now are too high; its really hard nowadays that demands meets the offer.
    But something is happening, in the past 2-3 months prices of almost every mythic dropped drastically, (example) max ws strati went from 100 to 30 stacks... and now I don't think it would sell for neither 25sx.

What wynncraft is missing is a real market, think of steam marketplace, something like that where everyone can see all the (example) stratiformis for sale and their recent sell prices would allow everyone to realize that the offer is > than the demand, causing the price of mythics to slowly drop.

SgtClips, Verle, XavierEXE and 3 others like this.
  16. Realises

Realises was fun while it lasted ♡ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    haha I know right?

;-;

17. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Special warning, the IT’s posts.

18. Septicemia

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Totally incorrect. Its not like the amount of total currency in the game increased 400 or 500% within 6 or 7 months of the first mythics being added to the game. Read the inflation argument. I had level 75's before Gavel, and sold the one mythic I found when it was worth 1.25 stacks.

Yes, maybe from time to time, but nowhere near the amount of mythic trading they used to be doing, which is what brought the prices so high.

What I'm trying to say is that the prices of these slightly above-average all the way through the very worst mythics is wayyy lower than what those selling them want them to be worth, which is why we have a problem.

19. BuffAirSpear

BuffAirSpear Avos Air Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    It was states months before the item team was even a thing that double hive was never intended. Furthermore double hive was simply way too strong for the game. Had we wanted to keep it we would have had to nerf all the stats on the hive pieces. This would have punished those that only use single hive pieces for no reason whatsoever. That would have been way worse because these guys then would have gotten punished for playing the game as intended ._.

SgtClips and CookedPelvis like this.
  20. Septicemia

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think you've missed the entire point of this post. There is a problem in the marked where people will put their average mythics at prices that nobody today will buy them yet, and are too stubborn to change them because the super wealthy bought them at those prices at a time when there were fewer mythics in the game. The people that hang around in Detlas and trade mythics are those who are super wealthy, and those mythics are generally very good ID wise (unless they are like meme mythics or what have you); it's almost like an entirely separate economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.