Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Clue About The Old ??? Quest

Discussion in '??? Hunt' started by Throwneb, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throwneb

Throwneb Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Now this is a little late, but as someone who legit solved the good ol' ??? quest by himself, I wanted to ask something that bugged me for a while since then:

Firstly, the clues were found in the quest "Purple and Blue" by the following statements:
    • Korun: "Three of the greatest minds of our time were driven mad by unknown magical forces, so great care is needed."
    • Korun: "A real fragment, it's even glowing purple and blue. The colour of the rock that drove our best minds insane was white, so I'm hoping that I will be ok."
    • Korun: "The white rock holds the most mystery of all. It was first spotted by the three gavel observatories, and their scientists took to it like madness."
    • Korun: "When it landed, they studied it furiously, but ultimately it drove them insane over various things.. Three great minds of our time, lost to chickens and mushrooms and whatever else!"
    Of course he meant Yahya, Nohno and Mehme by this.

It took me quite some time to find the observatories and even longer for the meteors themselves.
    At night, the observatories opened up and revealed star constillations, that when put together formed the number 1754, which was the code for the main meteor (aswell as the word "aged" as a number lol).

My question now is, where the heck was that damn third observatory hiding all this time?
    I found the one above the Gert Camp and the second one at Aldorei and was able to deduce the code from those two, but I was always wondering where the third was.
    I feel like this is bugging for too long now, would appreciate an answer.

Now that you read all of this I shall reward you with something nice I found during the old version of ???
    I don't know whether this is still in place since I wasn't there after the update of the quest, but here we go:

At Mehme's place, there were two rooms with big statues. You could throw emeralds under the statues into hidden hoppers, but you needed two people to accomplish this feat. After that, a pulsating laser directed you to another room with an invisible parcour, but you could see the blocks you had to jump on 'mirrored' below the floor.
    You then got access to the secret lab of the three scientists, but I better leave that up to you to explore ;)

Oculus27, hairob and CylinderKnot like this.
  2. Oculus27

Oculus27 World Record OJ Chugger, 1/25/15-9/7/22 HERO

Minecraft:
    Hey, was just scrolling through for some reason, found this post, clicked on it, and realized that it hadn't been answered.

Well, for whenever you come back perhaps it would be of interest to learn that the third observatory is/was actually in the uppermost section of the city Thesead. Check it out next time you're online.

Thega and Throwneb like this.
  3. Throwneb

Throwneb Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Just got the message, thanks for the info :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.