Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Music Fanmade Track

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Faurel, Nov 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faurel

Faurel unironically playing poison shaman

Minecraft:
    So while my wifi was out yesterday I decided to make this with all the spare time I had, I would like to see what you guys think (also when critisizing remember that I'm fairly new to composing music)

You can find it HERE:

Elysium_, Seth_, PikaLegend and 3 others like this.
  2. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice track! some of my only criticism is that [yes I know your new at this] The track is a bit.... boring? [pls no kill me]

You have the constant dun dun dun dun and the occasional [well main] chord, thats good! the chords sound nice, which is a really great feat! Making good chords is hard! however adding Layers or some thing to the track would be nice, currently you have like the bass or something in the background, and the chords, but adding some smaller melodies into it would be nice, for example

[Qira theme]
    You can hear
    The background Bass,
    the dun dun dun dun

and the chords as well dun dun dun

But ADDITIONALLY there is also a main melody of some sort which keeps the track vibrant and exciting

Now I understand your new and I really have no right to judge you, and that the Qira piece is a really high quality wynn song, but thats just my take on it <3

Faurel likes this.
  3. Faurel

Faurel unironically playing poison shaman

Minecraft:
    while yes, the main theme of the song was supposed to be kind of gloomy, I do appreciate the criticism.

4. Thonkwave

Thonkwave Music Producer HERO

Minecraft:
    Now, I know you can't do much in this program you use just by looking at it, but my best advice is to use multiple chords and add some variation to the track, if you know music theory, which is basically keys and chords (like C Major), you should have an easy time doing this, but if you don't, just look up an explanation of chords and stuff, now granted, I know this is a fan-made track, and mind you its rather good. But keep in mind that people have a really short attention span, especially in this day of age, so add some variation and you will be good. Sounds great!

5. StarroZeld

StarroZeld Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Tbh I don't like this, but I am still confident you'll do better next time you decide to make a track.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.