Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mentioned that.

2. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i cant tell if you are joking...there is so much wrong with that idea

Stag2001 likes this.
  3. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Coder | Like-Giver | Tomato | Musician CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Already suggested (and rejected) multiple times, including once by me lol.

4. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Honestly a good reason of why Hive Items are so commonly used is due to there high elemental defense, I have come up with an idea to fix elemental defense. Simply put it is is a cap on how effective elemental defense can be best stated as, "the effectiveness of you and your opponent's(mob or player) elemental defense, can not exceed -50%(if positive)/+50%(if negative) of the core damage(base damage with ID's and Stats factored in) dealt."
    Meaning super fast weapons can never be shut down by elemental defense only reduced to 50% of the damage it should have dealt, but can no longer exploit negative elemental defense by dealing the full damage of the weakeness only getting a x1.5 damage buff at best. I went in to more detail here

5. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    The problem with THAT is that it STILL won't stop rainbow tanks; that will just nerf everything else ALONG with rainbow tanks, making it so nothing has actually been done in that aspect

Cosomos likes this.
  6. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    It acomplishes the task it needs to: nerfing rainbow tanks. Being a rainbow tank should be an option that is available to players, but the current meta for that build is grossly overpowered as is.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    Cosomos likes this.
  7. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    with what?

Cosomos likes this.
  8. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    Who says you need to completely stop rainbow tanks from being effective, or did you mean being possible? All that I see needed to be done, was to make it so you or your opponent still took a fair amount of damage no mater how much element defense you have. I have to say even if you only did 50% damage to your opponent, that is still a good amount of damage and far better then doing little to no damage.

Stag2001 likes this.
  9. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    That's not the problem though. Capping elemental defense to 50% per element would mean that if you, for example, focused on fire and earth, you would only get 50% damage reduction in those elements while taking up to 50% more damage from other elements. This means that an earth-fire build would have a 50% damage reduction in two elements. Meanwhile, elemental tanks would take 50% less damage from ALL elements. In other words all you've done is halve the defensive effectiveness of every build. Rainbow tanks would still be overpowered because all of the other builds have elemental weaknesses. In reality we should probably make it a net defense system, where your cap is determined by your positive defense-negative defense. That way, people with builds that have elemental weaknesses would also take less damage from the elements they specialize in, while rainbow tanks would have less defense in each element for the trade of having no elemental weakness. This could also fix the hive problem, as using multiple hive pieces in a rainbow tank would make it so they aren't as effective while not effecting single piece, tri-elemental builds with weaknesses.

10. Cosomos

Minecraft:
    That is a fair point, and a reasonable argument to back it up. There is a wide range for elemental defense, and not much option in terms of mid range elemental defense. What I mean by mid range is items with higher defense(200+) in only 1 or 2 elements. Hive Items do have high defense in 3 elements, which maybe should be reduce by 50 in each element, but there are not even many single element items to compete with Boreal-Patterned Aegis' 3 element 300 elemental defenses even Anima-Infused Helmet experiences little competition at 200 ED. However I personally see this as a lack/unbalance of items and not a issue to be solved with code. Making it a issue for selvut to explain/fix.

It is a good idea but I am not sure that it is really necessary right now. I believe that your idea is more focused on fixing imbalances in the stats of items, while I am trying to stop elemental defense from being able to nullify huge portions of incoming damage. Both ideas reflect different issues in elemental defense. I just feel that making a formula to adjust the effectiveness of elemental defense could be replaced with making changes to existing items.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  11. TwageTomato

Minecraft:
    Nerfing* fokin phone autocorrect

Cosomos and Mistrise Mystic like this.
  12. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    List updated. This one has the one that either you were praying to the gods above for, or hoping like hell would never happen:

Morph-Stardust has been nerfed from a 7 base skill boost to a 6 base skill boost. This will reduce its maximum skill point boost from 10, to 8. Paradox and Morph-Steel also received slight nerfs; refer to the list for details.

Tisaun, Gigavern, Aya and 13 others like this.
  13. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So Morph SD now has the same sp max as The Modulator?

14. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes; 8 SP is its maximum, so a perfect Morph-Stardust now features +8 to all skills and 2 mana regen. It also received some minor statistical nerfs, though the Morph Set bonuses have been increased as a whole to compensate.

15. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Would you mind taking a look at Sagittarius. I strongly feel it needs a buff.

Stag2001 likes this.
  16. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I personally feel like this won't work.

I'm not sure what "statistical nerfs" directly refer too, but I feel like the stardust is still too strong even with this. Think about it, assuming only the skill points change, you still have a really common helmet with superb health, superb elemental defense, which seems mandatory in the current state of builds, and mana regen, a very valuable ID. Oh, and the helmet is still really easy to rainbow slap on your build. I feel like something drastic rather than slight here needs to be done, and I'm not talking about skill boost changes. If anything, I'm against skill boost since can potentially wreck builds and lead to lost items. (Yes, I know you guys are working on fixing that, but for now, can't you work around it?)

TL:DR nerf the dust's health or elemental defense by a lot more.

I may not be some legendary build maker so feel free to debate with me on this.

EDIT: See what selvut's post said below me.

17. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I did. 3000 health and 60 rainbow defense. The skill boost is a lot more significant than you think, cause one of the main reasons it gets thrown around is because it gave so many skill points that you could just use it with anything and everything.

Stag2001, Cruuk, TwageTomato and 2 others like this.
  18. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Huh, that can work I guess. Personally I feel like a bigger nerf may be needed for those stats since it can be fit on builds so easily. Thanks for the clarification though!

19. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welp time to buy modulator!
    but really though id just give here my top 5 items to buff
    Sagittarius
    pisces
    silt of the seafloor
    cancer (to live up to its name :D)
    cancer was a joke
    idol (please :D)
    third eye (idk if its just me but i feel it to be underwelming compared to quartzite/anima/stardust/whitecap)

Stag2001 likes this.
  20. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You forget the gameplay update, when at least 400 items got buffed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.