Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Discussion How Did You Find Out?

Discussion in '??? Hunt' started by SuspiciousPie, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuspiciousPie

SuspiciousPie Retired mod, professional pizza and sushi lover HERO

Minecraft:
    I completed the quest about a week ago and I'm really wondering how you actually found out what to do... I mean there are SO MANY THINGS you need to do at the right time.... whose thought was it "hey there's a strange cave and it has flower pots in it (like so many other places in wynn do) lets just all destroy them and OH a map lets throw an emerald behind it and OH I just got out of the cave and theres something strange opening kk lets get into it"... not to mention the other meteors........ then throw some items to Yahyas house.. wtf
    I don't even remember anymore what I did when I completed the quest xD

2. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We basically tried doing all the stupid shit and stupid theories you can think of and explored all of the map and hoped the ct was kind to us. There were hundreds of people trying to solve this so that helped too

Stag2001, yuuenchi2 and SuspiciousPie like this.
  3. SuspiciousPie

SuspiciousPie Retired mod, professional pizza and sushi lover HERO

Minecraft:
    so there are no hints on the map what you have to do? Anywhere?

4. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nope, just like the old quest. It was actually a pretty fun challenge that made the community work together. Now it's just a 5 hour chore.

SuspiciousPie likes this.
  5. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The old quest was a hell of a lot simpler

yuuenchi2 likes this.
  6. yuuenchi2

yuuenchi2 Wynncraft Veteran CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Solving it also involved stupid peoples' horses going into hoppers

Stag2001, Bobs_life and SuspiciousPie like this.
  7. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Not a necropost, 3 days left :D
    A bit of story can't do harm and it might interest some peoples.
    In every things that I will say, I will sometimes write the name of who found that, and sometimes no, because I just don't remember of all names :(
    (And be nice, my english is not the best at all, if you don't understand something, just ask, I will try to explain it again.)

First Chapter : The Red Meteor
    So, they released the quests, nobody knew what to do, there was probably 2 or 3 days without anything.
    Then, a new players arrived in Llevigar, knowing the ??? quests existed, and found the key in Llevigar.
    Again, 2 or 3 days after this discovery, some peoples discovered the things with the minecart, we had the chip.
    2 or 3 days (Yes, again) after that found, there was a lot of speculation about the use of this chip, until it was found.
    A little reminder of the item :
    [​IMG]
    The one who watches the blue was the Gylia Tower (Not sure of the name)
    Near the red and brown was the Gert Camp
    Under the yellow was not the sun, but the flower on top of the hills where you throw that Chip, then there is all the puzzles in the laboratory and then the meteor, some hours after that find, peoples found that there was something in the meteor.

Second Chapter : The Blue Meteor
    2 guys found the hoe near Aldorei Valley, 1 day after that, someone else found out that we were able to move the hay.
    There was around 10 peoples trying to do everything, deleting every wheat, moving every hay in some weird places, until we saw the podzol, we tried to put some hay on the podzol, didn't work, some peoples gave up, and few minutes after that, a crazy guy said "Let's draw a di** on the podzol !" (Yes, that was me...), the guy drew the di** and then it worked.
    Then there was the jump, the puzzles, and the blue meteor.
    1 day after that, we learned that it was not supposed to be a di** but a Y.

Third Chapter : The Yellow Meteor
    I don't really know how peoples found this one, no third chapter !

Fourth Chapter : The 3 Meteors
    1 day after the Yellow Meteor, some guys were gone at the same time on the plates of the meteor and ZAP ! ??? Quest Started !
    End of Chapter 4.

Fifth Chapter : Yahya's Basement
    Since Chapter 1, many peoples discovered the hopper in Yahya's house, throwing a lot of weird items in it. (Even White horses and Mythics... Talking Mushroom !)
    But some peoples realised that when we were teleported to the Start of the quest, behind the weird text that was doing weird things, there was hidden messages, one for each meteors. I don't remember quite well these messages, but each messages was a hint for the items needed for Yahya's house. :
    - The Black Spoon
    - The Painting
    - Small Mushroom (This was took probably 4 or 5 days before we realise that we didn't need the Talking Mushroom or the Strange Mushroom.)
    First puzzle : We were not able to do it cause of a bug.
    1 day later, we are gone to the second puzzle, a guy discover the QR Code, this par was fast.
    Third puzzle : You need 4 peoples, you need to be smart, that's all.
    Fourth puzzle : We were not able to do it cause of a bug.
    1 day later, we do the puzzle and we can continue our way with the key.

Sixth chapter : The White Meteor
    Some peoples already opened the Meteor earlier with the 3 shards, but nobody knew about the key, we weren't able to continue, but now we had the key, the meteor opened with the 3 shards, and the door opened with the key, the quest was ended.

Bonuses :
    Some peoples tried to throw the 3 old shards in the White Meteor, a message appeared saying that it is useless.
    I already said that, but Yahya is now rich with all the things there is in his hopper.
    Opening Yahya's Basement, the red meteor and doing the d... Y was hard cause of some bugs with some items, if we disconnected, we were not able to use this items again and we were in need to go take "fresh" items.
    There was fake Command Blocks under Yahya's house, some peoples downloaded a part of the map, looked in the command block and found some coordonates that led to random plates around the map, some peoples are gone to these coordonates and activated the plates at the same time, but like I said, that was a fake, they were teleported somewhere random and where teleported back to where they was, now they are banned. :D
    I probably forgot funny things about this quest, a lot of things happened, that was probably the best community event we ever hard, I had a lot of fun doing it. :D

If I forgot something, just quote that comment and add what I forgot :p

01100110111 and AGoodSmallFrog like this.
  8. AGoodSmallFrog

AGoodSmallFrog Mage Main!

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Were you there on the day of? This forum was a madhouse- every 2 seconds there was a new theory. It was a lot of using clues and process of elimination- one of the most popular threads was about what items go it the hopper- some people put in unique one of a kind items- chestnut horses- everything in. I think there was some unfortunate map glitching but there was also quite a bit of community coming together to do everything possible.

9. AlexisPlay

Minecraft:
    Yep, I was here (and opened a lab (In a way I don't want to remember, drawing a ... thing ... was not the best thing I've ever done :())
    Chestnut horses is nothing, some peoples threw White horses and mythics XD

AGoodSmallFrog likes this.
  10. AGoodSmallFrog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Geez- I remember looking at the items thread and it was like- 50 items it was crazy lmao

11. AlexisPlay

Minecraft:
    Some peoples threw Gale's item in it XD

12. AGoodSmallFrog

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Did anyone throw like- mama Zomble's head and vanilla items?

13. AlexisPlay

Minecraft:
    I don't remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.