Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Where In The World Is Modern Santiago?

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by modern, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modern

modern The irony is that I love the future

Guild:
    Where in the world is Modern Santiago?
    AKA: the stuff Modern did recently that made him gone for a while.

Oh hello there! Long time no see! How are you doing? Oh well, since you asked, I have been up to a lot lately. So much in fact I haunt been on the forums! Let me take you through a timeline of the last 6 months, and why I was gone.

It's the beginning of 2017. I was well at work on The Narrative chapter 2, when tragedy struck. AP TESTS. I had foolishly decided to take 4, and was having shell to pay. Time to start studying. On top of that, I had become increasingly fed up with the forums, I honestly can't even remember why. So I decided to take a break and focus on my studies.

Not only AP tests, but SAT. I suddenly had no time at all, not even for my personal projects. Or at least I shouldn't have had. And yet I still made time. My game, entitled Cube: Defender of the Polyverse, was loosely based off a 2009 viral video. I was making crazy progress. 27 levels, hundreds of lines of code. It was campy but cute. Unfortunately, I slowly ran out of steam for the project. I had to devote more time to school, and the concept was growing dull. I shelved the project, and have yet to get back to it.

AP tests came and go. Throughout this I had been co-running a film club at my high school. We were working on a 15 minute pilot sitcom episode called creatively titled Film Club, which I had written and directed. It was under heavy delays, but going strong. More on that later.

Post test AP Computer Science decided to have a end of the year project, I which we were in teams of three. I grabbed my buddies and we decided to make a game. The catch was I had to teach then not only the Unity game engine, but how to code in C#, as we had been using Java in the class. Our game was Spiderbee. It stemmed from the idea of what if you took the two most feared insects, and combined them. Now what if that creation was unintentionally super cute. We spent months on this, working inside and outside school. And we finally finished it. It was my most ambitious game, with a cute style and some devious puzzles. I might showcase it here some time, stay tuned for that.

Then school ends. I go on a roadtrip with some buddies, and do some odd jobs for some cash. And I plan my next game. College applications were coming up. And I needed something that would wow them. A full game. A stealth puzzle game with mastermind puzzle mechanics where you break into your school to change your grades. Set in a fantasy world. Alheramin high. That's my current project. It is well underway, and I have taught myself some valuable lessons in 3D modeling. I get my AP scores back. All 4s. Film club is in the editing stages, almost done. Things are very busy, but I have them under control.

And then I rejoined the forums.

What's new here? Anything cool happen? How's Corkus? I remember when that was still just the greatest joke thread ever made. Not sure what I'm going to do here. I want to start up the narrative again, but I don't know if I can find the time. Who knows!

- Modern

2. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I SAWUONDERGRIANFORUMS

3. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Corkus is gud but you may want to delay that time travel pod for a month or two cuz there's a new update coming soon

modern likes this.
  4. Coolfood

Coolfood The Coolest Food

Minecraft:
    I'm quite excited to see how your game looks!
    Glad to see you again

5. GaryIsAdopted

GaryIsAdopted I’m gay

Guild:
    Hey that's pretty good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.