Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Any Upcoming/steam Greenlight Games You're Looking Forward Too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Inceptus, Feb 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inceptus

Inceptus Silent forums lurker

Title says it all!

For those of you who don't know, Steam Greenlight is a part of Steam where you can post any in-development game and see how the community reacts to it. If they like it, Steam will start to reach out to the game and get it on the store. If not... IDK what happens to it if it doesn't get a good reaction. It's pretty much where every Indie game starts on Steam. I can't explain things well, though, so go ahead and look up something like "what is steam greenlight" on Google.

(For those of you who don't know what steam is, get out)

Any other Upcoming games that are Non-Steam related are fine, too. Ps4 games, Nintendo(cringe) games, VR games... Hell, even rumurs or half/confirmed games like Destiny 2 are fine.

I, myself, am look forward to:

Dead Cells (Steam Greenlight)
    Fugl (Steam Greenlight)
    Kingdoms and Castles (Steam Greenlight)

...Also some other newly released games on my wishlist.

2. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm looking forward to when the festering corpse that is greenlight gets cremated.

Greenlight's a really shitty service, with devs buying out votes with steam keys and other rewards. I'm glad to see it go

3. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would say Totally Accurate Battle Simulator if it wasn't already on Steam.
    To be honest, no good games come out on Greenlight anymore. Back then it used have good games but somehow the people on CancerStoreā„¢ (aka the hellhole that is the mobile game market) somehow seeped over to Greenlight and are now selling their money grabs online.

I want to say Geometry Dash is one of those games, but before i rile up any good fans of it, GD is a good game. The only problem I have with it is the unnecessary overprice of the exact same game on a machine that isn't portable, when you can buy it for $2.99 on a platform that can be taken anywhere and turned on in 4 seconds

SpadenadeZ1 likes this.
  4. memethyl

memethyl the king of shitposting VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    >steam greenlight
    shovelware: the market

99% of it is """""games""""" being shat out by """devs""" looking for a quick buck

5. Inceptus

Inceptus Silent forums lurker

There are SOME good games on Steam Greenlight. I mean, yeah, about 90% are shit, but still.
    Some. Those three I said look promising, but I still won't buy any games without some reviews sinking in. Yes, I agree GL is crap, but it gets a good game once and a while.

That, and not everyone hates GL

6. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Greenlight was a good idea, but it was executed poorly. Multiple devs used it to shovel multiple games onto the steam storefront. Games that barely worked, games with missing executables, game that were just blatant asset flips, and games that were just plain shit.

Some good games come out of it, for example, TABS, but that's about it. Other then that, it's a shit service

SpadenadeZ1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.