Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What Wii U Game Should I Get?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Lasseter, Dec 26, 2016.

Tags:
?

What Wii U game should I get?

1. Pikmin 3

14.8%
  2. Lego City Undercover

11.1%
  3. Scribblenauts Unlimited

11.1%
  4. Bayonetta 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Xenoblade Chronicles X

25.9%
  6. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

11.1%
  7. Paper Mario Color Splash

25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totalxterror

Totalxterror Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Smash Bros is Better

2. Coolfood

Coolfood The Coolest Food

Minecraft:
    Yo, Idk if you already bought this, but I put a STRONG vote for Pikmin 3
    tag me if you want an explanation

Lasseter likes this.
  3. Lasseter

Lasseter Dry Bones VIP+

Minecraft:
    I played the demo of Pikmin3, I enjoyed it, I love the mechanics and the gameplay. But the problem for me is that I feel uncomfortable seeing that there's a time limit, kinda like Majora's Mask. It really stresses me out on a game all about exploration. Please do give me some explanation, I might be interested again and givin' it a second change.

Coolfood likes this.
  4. Avense

Avense Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Hyrule warriors is also a good Wii U game, if you like the fighting genre its a solid pick with hours of replay value

Coolfood and Lasseter like this.
  5. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    Ah, that's a very valid concern actually!
    Time is designed to be an obstacle in the game, but not a pressure point or something to really panic you. It's supposed to make it so you don't replay levels over and over again to try everything a thousand times.
    Time is intended to be more of a limit on how much you can play.

From actually playing the game, most story levels take a few playthroughs (days) to complete, but it's not difficult to acquire more than enough food.
    The same goes with pikmin. I accidentally walked into water and then got shocked so I lost 84 out of my 100 pikmin team. While it certainly was a major setback, the game was forgiving enough that I had stockpiled a lot of pikmin, didn't need a full team to do days, and got more pikmin quickly.
    What I'm trying to say is that the game is very forgiving as it is designed to probably be easily beatable.

Review:
    Pikmin is a very unique exploration game that requires you to think. You have to have a general idea of what you must do. Planning out how you'll split and protect your pikmin will improve your efficiency, there's puzzles to unlock new areas, bosses are defeated differently... well you get the point.
    It's sort of a hectic game as you struggle to manage all your pikmin and hopefully keep them alive. But the game is almost centered around giving the player small aha moments. You can change camera angle to maybe discover new fruit. Defeating bosses is always a rewarding challenge too. It's not entirely built on action, but more geared toward exploration and managing.
    It's a very fun game with no game that is even remotely similar to it. In fact, my only complaint for it was that you can't do story multiplayer.

(whoops, that was very rambly, I got distracted while writing)

Summary:
    Story: Amusing whimsical characters in very serious situations. Story isn't all to important, but the dialogue is comedic and you quickly grow attached to the characters.
    Gameplay: Unique gameplay system and mechanics have the player thinking outside the box to solve problems. There are definitely major constraints placed on the player by certain mechanics but they are all hurdles, not walls.
    Enemies: Enemies are balanced and well designed. Various levels have different concentrations of different enemies that all have different ways of beating them. It's actually fun and difficult to fight through a level.
    Bosses: Bosses are very well designed. They all look very cool and unique, and also require very different strategies to defeat.
    Audio-Visual: Very fitting and nice looking graphics complemented by a nice soundtrack.
    Nintendo Land (great party game)
    Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3
    Mario Kart (don't own, but have played it)

With regards to Wonderful 101, it's more difficult and action based without annoyances like time or food. However, it's difficult.
    still a tie with Pikmin 3

Lasseter likes this.
  6. Lasseter

Lasseter Dry Bones VIP+

Minecraft:
    Holy moly! Wall of text right there. I see your point, I might buy Pikmin 3 after gettin' Xenoblade Chronicles X. Even if it makes me stress, hopefully the game may be forgivable at times. Also the visuals looks soooo good.. These 2 games are prolly my last games for my WiiU game collection (Make it 3 bcuz Zelda:BoTW). I'll be gettin' the Nintendo Switch soon :D

Coolfood likes this.
  7. Relja_J_3

Relja_J_3 Salty Sunflower

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can literally start over from any day you want, so yea, if you manage to screw up the game is very forgiving.

Lasseter and Coolfood like this.
  8. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    Oh yeah, @Relja_J_3 brings up a good point
    Ridiculously forgiving.

Just curious, what games do you already have for Wii U?

Also Nintendo switch looks so hype

9. Relja_J_3

Relja_J_3 Salty Sunflower

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ooh I have way too many games...
    but not all of them are that noteworthy.

Some i can Name at the top of my head (and I would recomend): Super Mario maker, Super Mario 3D world, Pikmin 3 (one of my favourites, completed it like 5 times), scribblenauts unlimited (meh, not really that interesting, there is not really any threat), Super meat Boy (downloaded, almost completed, very nice to Play with a controler), the binding of Isaac rebirth (completed, would recomend you get it on PC instead), rayman legends (awesome), and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.

Coolfood likes this.
  10. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    oooh, I think we have pretty similar interests.
    I also have super Mario 3D world (one of my fav), Pikmin 3, and Rayman legends
    :D

11. Avense

Avense Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Still relating to 3D world...the infinite lives glitch still works...the best part when you've just gone and said "im done, time to start messing around for the lols."
    And you begin to wonder why they make that possible....XD

Coolfood likes this.
  12. llllllllllllll

llllllllllllll Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    bayonetta is hella gay

13. Coolfood

Minecraft:
    XD
    it's so funny though. All the comments for that level are just people screaming "INFINITE LIVES"
    Man that game is so fun. @XavierEXE confirm for me

XavierEXE likes this.
  14. Andrew Lukkuz

Andrew Lukkuz Adventurer/ Ubbywub/ Creator of Cooking!

Dk is sorta not so fun imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.