Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

 quests summed up poorly

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by memethyl, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    simple and fun to do doesn't make a good quest... EoTS DESTROYS the well structured lore of the world. they even added 2 items to seemingly make it seem to fit. Shattered minds was an absurdly easy quest, so either:
    1) you suck at parkour
    2) You really messed up the puzzle
    3) you got lost when there was a marked path
    4) you died
    5) you're on whatever shrooms your character was on(good for you)

2. dead zeffe

dead zeffe Guest

Personally idc of the lore and logic

3. memethyl

memethyl the king of shitposting VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    eye of the storm was long boring garbage, aka your typical swamp/dark forest/kander forest quest.
    sure it was straightforward, but it was super long, required a lot of boring travelling, and was only worth it for the large amount of xp and emeralds.

edit: also, part of quest making is fitting it in with the lore. without lore and logic, they could literally do any quest even if it didn't make any sense in the world of wynn, and you'd just eat it up like a sheep because "hurr durr it's easy and fun."

basically, you have fucking awful taste in quests.

Gogeta, XavierEXE and Pokextreme like this.
  4. dead zeffe

dead zeffe Guest

Well i got awful taste in quests

5. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Rise of the Quartron:
    Some dude: Oh hey we've had quartz stolen and I know who did it, but I can't be bothered to do anything like fire him or something so I need someone who's cold to slaughter and murder to go make him tell the truth. kthxbye

Go see obvious thief

Obvious thief: Nah m8 you're tripping I ain't stole no quartz f*ck off.

Go back to some dude.

Some dude: He's obviously lying I know he stole it, go get some drugs to force him to tell the truth. Don't question the moral aspects of making someone reveal their deepest secrets, you've probably killed a baby orc's mother and father in front of its eyes, and then forced the dying mother orc to watch you murder her child at this point with no remorse so go do it.

Go find exiled elf.

Exiled elf: Boo hoo I'm a failure to my kind.
    Exiled elf: Here's the drugs you need for free! I don't know who you are but just take them with no payment necessary.
    Exiled elf: Have a good one! I have a lot of self loathing to do.

Go back to some dude.

Some dude: What the hell are you talking to me for you idiot?
    Some dude: Didn't you learn anything from underwater!? You're obviously meant to go back to the obvious thief at this point!

Go to obvious thief.

Obvious thief: What the hell are you doing here.
    Obvious thief: WAIT NO LET ME GO, AGH, HELP! ANYONE! I'M BEING ASSAULTED, AAAAAH GOD THE PAIN!
    Tripping obvious thief: Oh yeah I stole the quartz I gave it to this dude on a hill right next to some tracks and a storage area so he'd easily be found.
    Tripping obvious thief: Oh and here's a deep embarrassing secret I'm going to tell you because who needs moral standards when you can have COMEDY!

Go back to some dude with the news.

Some dude: DO YOU NEVER F*CKING LEARN!? YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO F*CKING TALK TO ME RIGHT NOW YOU'RE MEANT TO GO TO THE DUDE THE THIEF IS SENDING THE QUARTZ TO! MUSH MUSH!

Go up the hill across the probably dangerous minecart tracks to the boss thief.

Guard: Sup dude. My boss is in here. I should probably stop you but I'm too stupid to use a sword.

Boss thief: No f*ck off this is my quarts
    You: *shanks boss thief* Shhhhh...
    Boss thief: Agh...no...*dies*
    You: *loots corpse*

Now you can finally return to some dude but oh crap he looks really angry at you.

Some dude: Oh just follow these co-ords on the piece of paper from the looted corpse. Are you really that stupid to not figure that out?

Go to mansion:

Sign: Nyeh heh heh! You have fallen prey to one of my evil puzzles! You must weigh down all these pressure plates hidden around this house!
    Sign: Signed, the great Papyrus! Evil villain.

Go into secret lab:

Evil villain: MWAHAHAHAHA! I'VE BUILT THIS GIANT KILLER ROBOT THAT DOESN'T ACTUALLY MOVE OR DO ANYTHING! IT'S REALLY JUST A BUILD!
    Evil villain: LOOK UPON IT AND SHUDDDDDEEERRRRR!

Smash obvious mobs that drop untradeable items to advance the quest in robot:

Evil villain: Oh crap! It's going to explode now that you destroyed it but not really because it's not going to explode it's going to stay just there! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Escape lab:

Some dude: Oh there was an evil robot? Lolno m8 you must be trippin here's some money now go away.

6. DrKuriboh

DrKuriboh Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    lol I love this

7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    That made me laugh way harder than it should've

Nepeta Leijon and XavierEXE like this.
  8. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You say it destroys the structure of lore and yet you haven't given any evidence to back it up. I played through EotS recently and pretty much everyone who hates that quest is high off their tits as much as Yahya in his Final Form.

9. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    #Banned for calling @Selvut283 high.

Priest: "Hey these cultists are bad, go save this guy."
    *maze-like area with obscure passages*
    *hellhound out of nowhere*
    Kidnapped guy: "Yo these cultists are trying to kill me because they're evil but they say they've not evil because we're evil because we're not evil. Don't worry, I can leave this room with heavily armed psychopaths who brought me down here in the first place, you can go now that you've accomplished nothing."
    Priest: "Oh hey did you know this church in the middle of nowhere had an artifact of doom that was actually in Wynn before it was brought here for no reason and hidden here from before the time where humans were allowed in Gavel? That's a sensible thing to do, right? By the way those culty guys dashed in here like a minute ago and took it to the town, go fix it."
    Cultists: "Oh, you can't go into a fully-fledged town that you can actually enter the boundaries of before completing this quest and therefore respawn there with no clear way out if you die cause we own it. Don't even think about going into the obvious entrance-hole next to us.
    Mayor: "Hey man I know at this point that you've probably killed a few bosses that are way tougher than anything Gavel's thrown at you but hey go on my roof for a sec. Don't worry I hid the path to the balcony expertly."
    *you look at the one defining feature of the Kander Forest that everyone knows about for two seconds*
    Mayor: "HOLY SHIT WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG QUICK GET IN MY BASEMENT HURRY"
    *you go into the basement and find a massive tunnel that -still- has cultists and shit in it even though it was supposedly safe*
    Mayor: "BY THE WAY I PUT A PUZZLE DOWN THERE"
    *suddenly sliding puzzle to waste 60 seconds of your time*
    Wizard: "Nah these guys are amateurs but they still have a fucking demon hand jutting out of the ground since they got their special artifact like ten minutes ago, these cultists are terrible at their jobs but they're also a massive threat, go get me a thing so you can go into this area that your Purified Helmet of Legends should easily protect you from, no you can't go in there with it because reasons."
    Cultist Guy: "YO IM GONNA FUCK YOU UP IF YOU GET NEAR ME"
    *he dies in a matter of seconds*
    Wizard: "Okay, awesome, now that you have this scroll that lets me send people into the culty place that was stolen from me a very long while ago, go meet up with this guy that's been in there since after the scroll was stolen but since before you got here, he'll help you."
    *parkour+ranged enemies*
    Spy guy: "Hey, I got a letter from the wizard guy thanks to Deus Ex Mailchina ExpressDelivery service: Running your messages through areas impossible to go through by normal means since 1897! Turns out that I can't help because my arms are useless ever since I got cut on my leg. Now SHUT UP AND HURRY TO THE NEXT ROOM THESE AMATEUR CULTISTS ARE GONNA RAISE THE DEMON CONNECTED TO THAT HAND"
    Generic Satan #297: "MUAHAHAHA I WILL DESTROY THE WORLD BECAUSE I'M A DEMON WE DO THAT RIGHT"
    Spy guy: "QUICK GO GRIND INSTEAD OF TRYING TO KILL THE BOSS BECAUSE REASONS! Wait, how I got here? Oh, I just ran ahead of you across this massive chamber with my cut up leg that keeps me from fighting, why do you ask?"
    Spy Guy: "Okay you brought me five pearl necklaces that have nothing to do with the boss whatsoever since they had to use a special artifact of doom from another province to raise him, awesome now we can kill him!
    Generic Satan #297: "NOOOO MY 24TH WEAKNESS! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, MORTAL!"
    Spy Guy: "Awesome, go kill a demon prince now! Don't worry, even though that hand raised out of the hill is literally his, he's not even a hundredth of the size of it so you can kill him! Wait, how I got here? Oh, I just ran ahead of you across this massive chamber with my cut up leg that keeps me from fighting, why do you ask?"
    *generic satan dies*
    Spy guy: "Cool you got the artifact of doom back! Now bring this back to wizard-man. Don't worry, I'll be fine in this giant pit of death and despair with the demon's strongest minions, I can fight even though I have a cut up leg which makes me totally impotent while fighting, you can go!"
    Wizard: "Shit you're back already I didn't get to practice my generic totally-not-ripped-off-from Lord of the Rings speed. Uhhh, here's some money now go away."
    -end quest-

Don't try to argue that that isn't at least 75% accurate...

10. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    When I asked how it destroys the structure of the lore, I wasn't asking for that summary, I'm asking for the simple answer of HOW.

11. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    "Nah these guys are amateurs but they still have a fucking demon hand jutting out of the ground since they got their special artifact like ten minutes ago, these cultists are terrible at their jobs but they're also a massive threat, go get me a thing so you can go into this area that your Purified Helmet of Legends should easily protect you from, no you can't go in there with it because reasons."
    -Random hand that doesn't connect to anything else in the world.
    -Random cultists that are powerful enough to seize an entire town, without the gavel army(which is quite large) or anybody other then a decaying house trying to get them fee
    -A group of cultists that guard a gate, but let you go in via ANY other way(Under the wall, over it...) and the cultists inside aren't aggressive.
    - "Oh hey did you know this church in the middle of nowhere had an artifact of doom that was actually in Wynn before it was brought here for no reason and hidden here from before the time where humans were allowed in Gavel? That's a sensible thing to do, right? By the way those culty guys dashed in here like a minute ago and took it to the town, go fix it."

there is more...

12. Hyban

Hyban Level 100 Warrior VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thieving Rodents:
    farmer: get my wedding ring pls I'm too lazy to get it myself so i'll ask a lvl 2 to get it for me
    later: Yay, u found it JK LOL it's a washer. Go kill an OP rat and bring me my real wedding ring because I'm too lazy to get it myself.
    after u found it: hey go to detlas bye and take a whopping 20 emeralds

I know this wasn't funny but I tried.

13. wish

wish I eat pizza upside down HERO

Minecraft:
    The Lost

Dejol: Oh shit me and my m8s got lost and now we separated. Ugh for Bob goodness I shouldn't have left the Google Maps in the printer. O wait I have my phone. Oh fuck me dead there's no reception.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  14. Zoingo

Zoingo The robotic Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    I know @SPYROHAWK did the quest already, But I wanted to give it a shot.
    Memory paranoia:
    -Atisun: Yo, human dude, my family like, built this house on top of a spot of pure evil because they were super nice, and then they died. Go check it out.
    *walks in, apparently is sent back in time. "Nope, not gonna question it"*
    -servants in the house: I'm not going to ask how you got into this private residence or who you are. I will how ever talk AS LOUDLY AS I CAN so that you can here everything we say with the owners.
    -Little timmy: I lost my key!
    -servant: Maybe you should check THE BASEMENT for it!
    *climbs through filth up to waste to get key*
    *opens library, is back in "Present"? Somehow finds old journal pages saying "LOOK AT THE NORTH WALL ALREADY!"
    *obviously possessed kid blows stuff up in fun cutscene*
    *gets spoon, has bright idea of "Lets bring it to the kitchen!"*
    *back in past*
    -Mr. Caritat: "My son is 18! But first, we accidentally summoned a demon instead of making you dinner."
    -Timmy: "GO TO THE STUDY"
    *finds creepy possessed Mr. Caritat, gets distracted by a piece of paper saying "CHECK THE CHANDELIER"
    *Find key to Timmy's room.*
    *Yep, Little Timmy is still possessed. That was a fun Cut sce- OH LOOK A KEY*
    *mansion burst into flames after another fun cut scene*
    -quest book: (surfer voice) "go out the only door you haven't been through, bra."
    *goes to basement of evil after being on the second floor*
    *boss fight with possessed, charred corpse of Mr. Caritat*
    *Tped back to the front of the mansion*
    -Atisun: Yo human dude, You've been trippin' for the past few hours in that doorway, but I just stood here. So, like, what happened"
    -Atisun: "So it was a bad idea to build this place on top of evil. How'd have thought, huh bro?"
    -Atisun: "Hey, look, you have a LETTER WITH EVERYTHING I NEED ON IT."
    -Atisun: "Yo bro dude, I'm like, super nice, so here's a ring and the money you'll need to identify it."

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  15. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Lol "Fun" cutscenes

Zoingo likes this.
  16. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm convinced.

17. Tyralion

Tyralion Faceless Ambassador VIP

Minecraft:
    "Suspended Flowers"

some lass: ey do u want sum boots i know u do, go to dis place
    some lad: ey u want these boots go to dat cave
    *after some flower-picking*
    some lad: ey u did this go to dat lass again
    some lass: ah you are here lemme get you these boots
    *gives you some shitty low-level boots*
    some lass: good luck roflmao

The whole WynnExc questline

some random guy: ey what are u doing here go away don't go in
    *you go in*
    the same guy: u will regret this shithead

some other guy: ey what are u doing here go away don't go in
    *you go in*
    that one guy: u will regret this shithead

some third guy: ey what are u doing here go away don't go in
    *you go in*
    the third guy: u will regret this shithead

*after some mindless grinding and leveling*
    advisor: the king is afk, go find him
    king of troms: ehey u found me, there are some bad excavator dudes
    king of troms: ima scared, go find some rebels in the jungle
    the rebel guy: we dun let everybody in, go find a map
    *after finding the maps*
    the rebel guy: ey u did this, go there and beat the shit out of these excavator dudes
    *after some long parkour and puzzles*
    some rebel leader: ohho, u are here, IT WAS ALL A TRAP
    some excavator leader (same guy): accept ur fate, go and kys
    *after falling down and breaking yuour legs*
    some excavator leader: ur still alive? lemme fix this
    *after some long-ass fighting*
    some excavator leader: AAAAAAAAAAAAH ima ded

king of fagni: oh ys i remembre you
    king of fagni: these were some tough illuminati shits
    king of fagni: take this token, go and get some necklaces with it
    king of fagni: kthxbai

Siri, Nepeta Leijon and Emeraldruler like this.
  18. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    These are hilariously true.

19. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Crop Failure:

Wait, what? This is a quest? When was it added? I didn't see it on any of the recent changelogs, was it a secret recent addition?

20. sorae

sorae drifting VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But the real question is:
    How did you make the title in all lowercase?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.