Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Untradable Mob Drops

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Psychomentalist, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamieverse

Jamieverse Legendary Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    My WPM is 83 ;)

EDIT: Ha nvm 88 just took a test

2. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think the game should also take into consideration how much a player has done for support when dropping the items. For example, if a mage heals a lot during the fight to keep the team's damage dealers alive, but doesn't attack the boss very much, they should still get a drop because they still did something important for the team.

3. LotKnockMC

LotKnockMC S̵͚̉i̸̥͔̞̒̕͜n̷̦̹̱͒̈́̚g̶͈̳̙͇͗̾̋̾ͅë̶͔́̌͋ṙ̶̢̧̭͕ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Honestly, neither the old or new system are very good imo. Oh hey sounds like soul points I'm no genius, so I'm not going be able to suggest any good fixes, but for now we just need to deal with what we get. It is still ultimately Salted's game, and he can do what he wants with it.

4. Undyne

Undyne Do you enjoy going through hell? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Personally, ever since this thing got implemented I have seen so many threads stating "I'm lv75 and I can't pick up Bob's Seal". What has happened is that the strategy of getting a team of players together has become useless. I will say that @JuicedBananas and I were trying to help a lv75 archer beat Bob, but each time we (as a group) defeated him, the lv75 player couldn't pick up the seal. He eventually had to switch to his higher level assassin, and even then we had to kill Bob a few times before he got the seal. And when he did get the seal, I hardly even hit Bob just so the other player could actually deal enough damage.

Yes, it fixes the issue with "free loader" players who only go in so others can kill the mobs, but as a whole this decimates the idea of group boss killing. With this system, does ToA or the Hive become something the player must do by themselves? Does CoW or Bob become a failed attempt and a potential issue for those who are too weak to fight it alone? Not to mention, most bosses have heavy elemental defenses, so how is it fair for a lower level player to fight a boss with a certain weapon with a group that can hardly participate? The system is broken as it stands. You either make a damaging build, or you struggle to complete a quest. High level groups won't help you anymore, and the current level for the quest is too weak to fight it alone or even in a group of like levels.

------------------------------------------------------

However, there could be a fix that mimics what the mob totems do: you get the drop as long as you hit the mob/boss within 8-10 seconds. That way, free loaders won't get any sort of drop, but fighting as a party won't be dependent on who does the most damage. Through this method of using a "hit timer", parties will be reunited, boss issues will disappear, and all of this chaos will end. It's a better idea than damage percentages, and unique builds are encouraged, even if they aren't meant for damage. As long as everyone participates in the battle, they get a share of the drop.

This is my idea, but I have no idea if the Shadow Overlord Salted will even care. It's a better solution, but it will only happen through hope and a ton of determination.

Rixium and Thega like this.
  5. Psychomentalist

Psychomentalist Time is not on my side HERO

Minecraft:
    What an honor

6. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The fact that icebreaker likes this scares me

7. mike88

mike88 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This means there is a formula :D. Anyone have it?
    Also, if the boss fight service provider logs off when the boss is low, and the remaining guy kills the boss, he gets the drop.

8. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Couldn't I simply stand in the corner and hit the boss when its about to die? Unless I misunderstood. Your idea gave me an idea though. What if instead, we counted hits instead of damage %. In the end, that means you'd have to have dealt at least 15% of every hit the boss received, not damage. It does mean that fast attack speed weapon will be at an advantage, but I dont think it will matter much if the % is good enough. How does that sound?

Actually, it might not completely fix the issue of level 100s ruining everything, but I guess it doesn't hurt to pitch the idea here.

since i'm putting a non confirmed idea out there, i feel obligated to say that i cant 100% garantee that we'll do it or that we can with our current backend, code can be randomly tricky at times

9. Glitchedslayer

Glitchedslayer Godly Horse Breeder and Memer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    NOOOOOOOO

This will mean that assassin will actually be good (multihit)

Aesthyster and Gogeta like this.
  10. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Salted, what about 15% of the raw damage done to the boss?

Raw damage as in it ignores elemental defence and any other form of resistance?

For example, if I do 100 damage to qira, I'm actually doing 1000 raw damage to qira, but the 900 damage are nullified by its elemental defence

11. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    145 wpm.png

Yo

Jamieverse likes this.
  12. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Salted: The most responsive video game dev ever.

Gogeta likes this.
  13. Undyne

Undyne Do you enjoy going through hell? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If hits were counted over damage, the issue would also be resolved similar to my first idea. Lv75s can try to fight the boss without being penalized for having a weak dps. Unique builds can still cooperate, as long as they focus on fighting the boss. Support builds can still support while hitting the boss often, which does not force them to focus on damage but rather healing while occasionally hitting the boss with others. And finally, groups can unite once again since all levels and all classes regardless of damage can fight the boss and receive the drop.

And, in regards to lv100 classes ruining the boss fight, while their damage might be higher, that means they'll have less or equal hits to a lower level player. Say a lv68 and a lv100 fight CoW. Both hit the same amount of times, and the lv100 does much more damage than the lv68. However, both were actively participating in the fight, so the lv68 player should not be punished for actively participating despite not having a high amount of damage. If the current system was used, the lv68 would receive no drop, but with this improved system the lv68 would receive one.

And regarding assassins being OP with this method, assassins have to constantly get close to a mob to hit it. Most spells from other classes combined with the amount of normal hits would be close to an assassin's multihit combined with their lesser melee attacks.

Aradia Megido likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.