Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Serious < History Of Xenophobia >

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Bear, Oct 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear

Bear Well-Known Adventurer

•As many may know xenophobia level in the world is high, mainly because of the wars taking place, and many refugees.

•Because of all these events received a job in which I should record a video on these issues with my group. We think too much until we find something, but I said I might find new ideas in this forum, since I have seen several very well done stories and events, are fanciful or not.

• Do you have any suggestions for a story or some turnaround?

•Thank you in advance if you can help me!

2. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    In American history, possibly the greatest modern event in which the common definition of Xenophobia was present (excluding institutionalized racism) was McCarthyism and the Red Scare. From the height of the Cold War, Americans bearer a fear of communists and overly progressive liberal ideals, and with the steady regressing of American politics, the Hitler-esque ideas where accepted as common belief. The Amdrican rhetoric that communists where bad was founding in Xenophobia and a lack of understanding. Although many outstanding events like the revolutions in Europe and Ernest "Che" Guevera's wars in South America highlighted the what moderate America thought of Communism, often we failed to see that it was simply a differing ideology.

Of course you can use Hitler's policies, or the Rwandan Genocide, the Belgian Kongo, Vietnam, the Armenian Genocide, or any other genocide as an example, I feel for a hard-hitting demonstration of xenophobia in a nation that has reaped the benefits of immigration and acceptance, McCarthyism is best.

Oh and the Catholics. They're always a solid example.

If you're stuck, I'd reccomend choosing a minority population of a country and seeing how it has been oppressed, or has oppressed.

Now I'd reccomend to not use Rhodesia for this, simply because of the sheer terror of what they did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.