Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The World Of Wynn (game)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Harryisbeast, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    Hi, I can't stand by anymore.
    The reason why the admins and myself even have been quiet about this is because we are expecting you to not actually go through with it, so we are just waiting until then.

I've talked to Salted about it and he doesn't really want this to become a reality, because you're basically taking the Wynncraft name. We don't feel comfortable that you can make money off something that was made.

Making a game by yourself is hard especially if you are just grabbing people off the streets basically, it's not easy and that is definite.

We don't support it using the Wynn name or resources, and we were hoping it would take some time before someone had to come out and say it, but I don't want you guys to go through all that work only to be told no at the end.

If you want to make a game, that is absolutely fine, just please don't use the resources from Wynn to make it, or make it into a copy of Wynn. We are content with keeping it as a Minecraft server and have no plans of making it a full game.

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    But pretz, it's free.

Everything else is perfectly understandable.

3. RedBr971

RedBr971 That guy you don't care about HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think we should give a chance, aswell it become a really popular thread and about using Wynn name he have said that he would use all money for wynncraft soo i think we should give a chance (that is just my opinion)

4. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But pretz, it's free.

Everything else is perfectly understandable.[/QUOTE]
    if it does make a good game, wouldnt it do good advertising to bring people into joining wynn?

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    if it does make a good game, wouldnt it do good advertising to bring people into joining wynn?[/QUOTE]
    wow we both messed up there huh

It may, if Harry does a proper job of marketing as a Spin-off and that people should check out the original and show them support. If he takes credit, Wynn could probably do some legal shit and get it deleted

6. Harryisbeast

Harryisbeast rip CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I appreciate you guys trying to save it but, honestly, I don't want to argue about this. I figured the same as you did that they would be cool with it since it would just bring more people to the community and I plan to give all profit to the original team anyway but... if they don't want it there is nothing I can do. The game kind of became my baby for the last week and, yes, it's hard to let it go but rules are rules. I made a surprisingly large amount of progress so it will definitally hurt me allot more then it will hurt you to have this all go to waste. Thanks for the interest though. And thanks to Pretzule for actually answering, I really wish someone would have just said something right off the bat.

7. Pretzule

Minecraft:
    That's why I assumed.

But the thing is that the owners don't support him using Wynncraft's name in a game he is making.
    He can go make his own original design but it's not supported that he use the Wynncraft name.
    What I am going to say again, is that you can still make a game, just please don't use Wynncraft's name.

8. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But hey, that doesnt mean you have to base your game on wynncraft, you can still make an rpg based game with 4 classes, it just doesnt have to be wynn, all you have to do is get plot developers.
    also if you do take my idea on a game, id like to apply for plot developer ^,.,^ (although all i really can do is come up with quests, storylines, speech of character, names, maybe mob ideas, but i wouldnt be able to script anything in, or be able to actually config anything without help xD)

Pretzule likes this.
  9. FishWaffle

FishWaffle It's ya boi VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You don't have to scrap the game altogether. Make your own world! While Wynncraft's is much more developed, it's also way too murky, we are just now getting only the names of several figures. And making your own game gives you much more freedom, and in turn, will pay off from the extra time thrown in to make it different.

10. Harryisbeast

Harryisbeast rip CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just seems like a dead idea then. The Wynncraft community is what was motivating me to make it, without that I will probably just get bored knowing that likely the game will go unnoticed.

11. RedBr971

RedBr971 That guy you don't care about HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have a idea: Why don't you just get some THINGS about Wynncraft? Like use some things as base like an recipe, i am sure that it would be cool too, and i think you still should try, just use it as a base i am sure people will still like it

12. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @Pretzule I get your point but it disappoints me that you guys decided to wait until he actually had some of the game done before tellig him he can't do it. All that work to waste...

13. Shrubby

Shrubby Shrub that sells stuff for weird shit VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Based on reading the post it seems like the hope would be he would lose interest/realize how big of a project he had picked up and drop it so that they wouldn't have to tell him no and potentially dissuade him from attempting to make games in the future.

Pretzule and FishWaffle like this.
  14. Pretzule

Minecraft:
    That's what we wanted, but I didn't want him to get too far into making a Wynn game then just being told no after he is halfway done.

15. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    I just wanna come back to this topic and say that your biggest mistake is mentioning money. It's not a fan game if it makes money, no matter what it's used for. And to address your issue of supporting the servers, I'm 85% sure that photon unity has a free hosting service up to a certain amount of people. A fan game doesn't need to have big servers, you're not gonna get much more than 20 people on at a time and when you do, your game should be good enough to start mentioning cash.
    tl;dr - Don't mention money when making a fan game (especially if it isn't even out), people will instantly lose all their respect for you.

16. _Star

_Star Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    That's still not allowed(still using IP, and now with a direct no from the owners of said IP, that's a big no no), and I have a feeling even if he removed the Wynncraft elements, he wouldn't be able to advertise on this site, since then it would be this site making him money, which again, the Owners would not be okay with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.