Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Speculation "cutting Down" The Search

Discussion in '??? Hunt' started by jpmrocks, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpmrocks

jpmrocks A Lone Wanderer

Minecraft:
    I believe that the search radius for ??? is something to be reduced to not include the following due to the quest being level 80:
    • Canyon of the Lost
    • Thesead
    • The Hive
    • Rodoroc
    • Eltom
    • Molten Heights
    • Dogovi
    • Sky Islands
    • Ahmsord
    These are areas above the level 80 threshold, and I'm certain would not be included in the area for ???, simply cause that would be poor game design, and Salted cares too much about GD to make a small error like that.

Also, all areas that are unlocked via quests should most likely not be involved, for the same reason stated above. This includes:
    • Troll Fortress
    • Areas requiring Breathing Helm
    • Areas requiring Climbing Helm
    • Gert Camp
    • Aldorei
    • Lexdale (and the demon pit)
    • Realm of Light
    • Gateway Island (and the realm through the portal)
    • ToA
    • Wynn Excavation sites, with the exception of Volcano Island
    • ToL
    • Ragni Outskirts
    • Lake Gylia
    • Lazarus Pit
    • Gnome's Cave
    • Cockatrice Nest
    Finally, there is a good chance that important locations will be approx 1700 blocks from each other, so if something important is found, something else important has a good chance of being within 1700 blocks from another.
    --
    Other things to consider: Redstone has to be within chunk loading radius to work. So, if redstone is involved with something, it's not going to be one button in Gavel, and one in Wynn, because theres no way to get a current flowing. I'm guessing any redstone for anything related to ??? will be near it's hopper (if there is indeed a hopper involved).
    --
    Things involving Siegfried are confirmed to be for a future quest, so this increases the likelihood of things involving Siegfried in ??? are low.
    This also includes Ragnar, who is to be part of the main story, and Bal'ak, also main story. I also feel we can safely assume Bob and Nilrem are not part of this either.
    --
    We need to remember that the old ??? most likely has nothing to do with the new ???, or else we would still be able to get the three shards, and get clues from the observatory, as well as be able to enter Mehme's house. Also, Altum Spacium needs ??? cause I'm pretty sure they would have to remove all previously earned AS to fix needing ??? as a prereq.
    --
    A big thing I've seen being debated is that the quest is a medium, to which I say "Who gives a damn, if you found the first NPC (if it is a multistep quest), we can figure out the rest, easy!" We just need to worry about ONE NPC, and ONE alone.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. Bubbles

Bubbles Yep, that one HERO

Minecraft:
    Why 1700 though?

3. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "Lake Cinfras" has a proper name, Lake Gylia, for future reference.

TheHipster, jpmrocks and XavierEXE like this.
  4. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    Why can't ??? be in 85+/quest areas? The quest is meant to be a long, tedious search, and extremely unfair. If it's so unfair, it's not unlikely for what would normally be bad game design to be used.

5. Ophiocordyceps

Ophiocordyceps Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    And note that the entire community is suppose to work together so we would have higher leveled people with us. Also one may argue that if it was in high level areas you wouldn't be completing it at the level you get it but it could be that those areas have hints instead of the actual thing you need to do though we should still watch for that because it wouldn't be very good to miss anything.

Edit: Lotem liked my post, either this is confirmed to be good reasoning for the search or he is trying to throw us off the track and this is wrong. =P

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    AetherArising and Lotem like this.
  6. TheAule

TheAule The Smithy of the Valar

Guild:
    Well, the quest starts at 80+, so that should be a signifier of where to look, though it could be misleading. The last ??? was located around Cinfras, which is less than 80

7. Ophiocordyceps

Ophiocordyceps Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    To be honest it ended there but it was all around Gavel in Llevigar plains, the decayed place I forgot the name of RIP, and the border between Cinfras and the forest of light.

8. Lotem

Lotem Ex-Moral supporter in the official Wynncraft CTâ„¢ HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Salted wasn't involved in making ??? at all.
    He doesn't even know how to do it xD

cars3n, The Fool, hmtn and 10 others like this.
  9. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The latter is most likely.

10. jpmrocks

jpmrocks A Lone Wanderer

Minecraft:
    The observatories were almost 1700 away from each other, and the meteor at Llevigar Plains and the Big Meteor behind Cinfras were 1700 blocks, so I'm assuming we can follow the same math

11. Eric Yang

Eric Yang RIP Mincreafterkid12|THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The quest could end in the tutorial area for all we know.

12. PadfootNBlack

PadfootNBlack Memerific mage and Retired ??? Gunter

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with most of this, except the breathing/climbing helm part. Both of those items aren't too hard to get, and I think it would be a neat little tie-in and require some out-of-the-box thinking for us to realise we need these. I would say it's more likely to be the breathing helm because it's a faster quest.

13. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    Haven't seen them given any hints thus far; it's still plenty unfair.

14. enderman494

enderman494 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't think we should rule out Aldorei, Lexdale, Realm of Light, ToA, WynnD site, and ToL just because they're quest areas given how important of quests they are. And I don't think those level 80+ places (especially the Hive, Molten Heights and any dwarven place) should be ruled out at all.
    Yes because a place you are level 10 at max and can't normally get back to would be the perfect place for a level 80 quest /s

15. Eric Yang

Eric Yang RIP Mincreafterkid12|THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can glitch there pretty easily

16. enderman494

enderman494 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:

17. chaostitan

chaostitan Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    9 times outta 10 I would agree with this logic, but like @Eric Yang said. This quest was made to be crazy difficult and is very unpredictable, with the information we have atm this could end in a one by one hole 400 blocks under ground.

Eric Yang likes this.
  18. jpmrocks

jpmrocks A Lone Wanderer

Minecraft:
    Except we won't end up in 1x1 hole in the ground, now will we (cause they dedicate time to filling those up). I feel though that we're making this too complicated for our own good, we have to dumb ourselves down. The last ??? was literally in plain sight, the meteors, observatories. There's a good chance this is too.

19. MrMadmanEPIC

MrMadmanEPIC The Maddest Man Around

Minecraft:
    WOAH! CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT?

20. jpmrocks

jpmrocks A Lone Wanderer

Minecraft:
    I wasnt able to, I wouldntve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.