Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.14.1 The Gameplay Update - Changelog

Discussion in 'Major Updates' started by Salted, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunbun924

Bunbun924 Bunny Senpai HERO

Minecraft:
    I was looking forward for the update until I learned that we are gonna have to re identify our items. I spent all summer getting max mana regen armor costing me around 4 stacks of le and I'm basically poor. I hope when I re identify stuff its the same mana regen.

2. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    You've seem to have misunderstood, you are not required to re-ID your items, this update is giving people a choice to re-ID their items, every single existing item will stay intact and will not have to be re-IDed once the update releases.

3. Bunbun924

Minecraft:
    Wait so items will not be reset, you will just have the choice to re identify them if you want?

4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes, your items are fine.

5. Bunbun924

Minecraft:
    Thank you for clearing that up for me, all my friends on wynn were confusing me. This updates gonna be great!

6. ItsSuperNova

ItsSuperNova Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    pls let meeee onn

7. tomisdaman27

tomisdaman27 The owner of a legendary trade...

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why would they wipe wynncraft because a sea skipper is faulty?

8. ErikC17

ErikC17 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is not about the sea skipper, but rather about bugs and how they will affect us if the update is released too soon.

I will give you an example: I have a mincraft mod which I use on my single player world and I really love it.
    About 2 months ago it updated, it was a year since the update and the pressure from everyone but the people who had been using this mod for a long time was immense.
    The people who had used it for years knew the history of it and had experienced what happens when you release an update for it too soon.
    The result was not fun at all. Since then it has updated two times in 2 months, both of the times it was bug fixes that if they had been given more time would not have been necessary to do. they could have focused on other things, like implementing new things.

If they release it without being sure that it will work without bugs that could potentially ruin the whole system, we won't have a fun time ahead of us, I can promise you that.

Let them work on it, let them do it right and let them release it when its ready without putting unnecessary pressure on the devs and the amazing work they do.

Rixium likes this.
  9. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Going on to this ^. If they released the update as it is now, there is a chance that classes could get lost. With the no refund policy, I'm pretty sure none of you want that. So wait through the beta, realize that it's simply there to test stuff (people aren't getting a head start, hence why you don't have your classes or your bank on the beta server) and make sure everything is in order for formal release.

10. Ironraptor3

Ironraptor3 Dragon Slayer, Sabre, CS/Game Dev VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Theres a very clear cut difference between changing the base api and changing addons built on top of it. If the skipper was somehow interconnected with how all items functioned, then yes, that could potentially happen. However, because that makes absolutely 0 sense, a buggy sea skipper would not reset classes to level 1 and wipe inventores... clearly...

11. ErikC17

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know, as I said before, Im not talking about the boat.

12. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    where did that come from? The sea skipper works by command blocks, that bug, nor any bug to my knowledge would wipe you classes.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    tomisdaman27 likes this.
  13. Lusitano

Lusitano ✠ Gualdim Pais ✠ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Top 10 players with the most time played should be added to the whitelist, iykwim

XavierEXE likes this.
  14. ErikC17

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AS I FU***** SAID Im NOT TALKING ABOUT THAT BOAT! Im talking about bugs in general. IF WE DONT let them fix the bugs, THE BUGS CAN do stuff like WHIPE you class

and YES Im MAD

15. spectrefear

spectrefear Skilled Adventurer

when's the update?

16. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Soon™

17. LotKnockMC

LotKnockMC S̵͚̉i̸̥͔̞̒̕͜n̷̦̹̱͒̈́̚g̶͈̳̙͇͗̾̋̾ͅë̶͔́̌͋ṙ̶̢̧̭͕ VIP+

Minecraft:
    Theoretically today or tomorrow, though can we really believe release dates?

18. Kaelan~

Kaelan~ RIP VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hell no.

Hexorcism likes this.
  19. GandalfTheMLGrey

GandalfTheMLGrey Travelled Adventurer

Perhaps I can shed some more light on this. Player data is separate from how the game functions. Player data is stored on a server, and is accessed via queries made by the main game. The API is hosted and run, along with some variant of minecraft, on a different machine, and it makes queries and updates the tables on the server containing the player data.

What that means is that gameplay bugs should not be able to clear your player data. Unless somehow the API was making queries that dropped the server's tables of data as a result of the new updates, and somehow the backups of that data were simultaneously destroyed in a twist of fate, your player data should be completely safe.

I am assuming that backups of the player data are made on a regular basis, and they probably are.

It is possible. It's very unlikely, but if the sea skipper were to somehow cause an update to the character data, and the query to add or modify the table value containing that player's data corrupted that table entry, there could be trouble.

I'm not sure how the API handles such instances, but it could be that it defaults to a backup or, in the worst-case scenario, returns an empty player data (a level 1 character with no items). I doubt something like that would happen, though, and I would be incredibly surprised if a teleporting boat modified player data in such a way. It's possible though. Software Development often entails all sorts of user cases that were not anticipated, and bugs often remain a mystery even to the most experienced developers.

XavierEXE, Ironraptor3 and Loggerhead like this.
  20. ErikC17

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This reminds me of a mod I used to play. It added tamable pigmen (they acts just like minecraft wolfs but its pigmen).
    Somehow when you gave them the order to sit, it prevented you from sleeping in a minecraft bed and stopped oak leaves from despawning. But when you told them to stand up everything was fine except that you could not place down birch leaves :P Somehow the mod code interacted with the Vanilla minecraft code, and was overwriting it.
    That bug gave me a lot of moments with lots laughing and radom irritation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.