Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Steampunk Ship (creative Title, I Know)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by MyNamesHalo, Jun 3, 2016.

?

How would you rate it? (and give decent criticism please)

1. 1/5 (geez thats rude)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2/5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3/5

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  4. 4/5

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. 5/5! G8 M8

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. 10/5 SICK MEMES DUDE!!!11

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyNamesHalo

MyNamesHalo A sarcastic f*ck

Yes, I actually decided to build something seeing that my friends' server was finally open again so I decided to build this, I may not play MC much anymore but I still got it...

Oh! and the reason why there is only 3 screenshots is because any other angles would reveal the other builds which I don't want seeing that these builds might potentially become part of an upcoming server (not advertising and private)
    Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_3.png

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  2. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Kinda small for an airship, but you managed to put detail on it. 4/5

3. MyNamesHalo

Thanks for the feedback, I tend to prefer smaller builds and see how much detail I could put into it but I could still make it bigger (also there was a smaller 'airship' so I meant for this to be closer to medium size in the server)
    2016-06-03_20.37.49.png

also I took another screenshot since I updated it slightly and made it more scenic (scene still looks like crap with the flat land and the junk in the background)

4. PearlescentMoon

PearlescentMoon Proud Block Placer Slave VIP

Minecraft:
    Looks cool, but if you were going for a hint of reality, I'm not so sure the 'balloon' could hold up the carriage. It looks rather big in comparison. But of course, games defy logic, so how you go about that is ll you. :P
    The bottom also looks a bit too curved/sharp, maybe a more mellow curve on the bottom would give it a smoother feel, rather than a 'point', if that makes sense. Yet, I'm no expert on airships, so I could be wrong. :P

Looks good though.

Ackro likes this.
  5. MyNamesHalo

Thank you for the feedback though I would like to mention that even though it probably couldn't hold up the carriage irl you could say the same things for the wings on dragons, because usually you don't really see realistic sizes (aka really f*cking massive) and instead the wings are closer to the size of the dragon itself. So I guess you could say that this is a case fictiuonal logic or something though I definitely understand where you're getting at and I'll keep that in mind.

And I was looking for more of a sharp curve as an experiment to see if I could actually build a ship with such a curve, and seeing that you and a friend of mine mentioned the whole curve thing I probably succeed. Yet I could definitely also try a more shallow curve and see how that turns how.

Overall I'll keep both of these points in mind as it'll help me as a builder, because that's what feedback is for right?

Ackro likes this.
  6. PearlescentMoon

PearlescentMoon Proud Block Placer Slave VIP

Minecraft:
    Hence why I gave wavering feedback on such a matter. :P It all depends on how you envision it yourself and what you feel is right. :) Feedback is always stuff to be taken as consideration; never think it's something you have to do at all. :) Keep it up! :D

MyNamesHalo likes this.
  7. Amped__

Amped__ HYPEDDDDDDDD

really nice ship

8. JewelXSparkle

JewelXSparkle The Bacon person who likes to build :D

I think that the ship looks a little stubby, or at least the bottom half of it...

9. Golurk_

Golurk_ In Golurk We Trust

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You could probably trick it out into looking like a nice pod racer. idk just what came to mind. I like it tho

10. MyNamesHalo

Hm...
    Screenshot_3 (1).png
    (Now lets just take a moment to appreciate my absolutely "amazing" paint.NET skillz)

11. Golurk_

Golurk_ In Golurk We Trust

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i think i saw that in Star Wars whoa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.