Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Why I Feel Health Potion Prices Should Scale Harder.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Coronaus, Apr 30, 2016.

?

Do you feel as though this would benefit the wynncraft economy?

1. Yes, this would help control the inflation without being a large burden.

35.5%
  2. Yes, this would help control the inflation but would be a large burden.

35.5%
  3. No, this would not help the economy

29.0%
  4. Other (please comment)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am simply telling you Salted's thought process on the topic.

Andy0132 and XavierEXE like this.
  2. Coronaus

Coronaus Forever a member of the Kingdom of Foxes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The real question is why salted decided 62 was a good number.

Andy0132 and XavierEXE like this.
  3. Emeraldruler

Emeraldruler God of Emeralds | Fire Mage VIP

Minecraft:
    Personally I agree with what was said above, we need more consumables and while we have skill point potions, they're so expensive that there isn't really a point in buying them unless you're trying to kill Qira with a depressing weapon or someone like that.

XavierEXE likes this.
  4. LavaCat

LavaCat Fiery Feline Forumer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Have you ever been on a horse-breeding spree before? Great way to clear your bank.

Of course, I understand that while horse gambling drains some money from the economy, it is not completely effective as it isn't exactly necessary (even though it's addicting as hell) nor are horses consumable (unlike potions, horses can't be used up and thus they linger in the economy like "currency") but they are consumable in a sense if ya know what i mean

Anyway, piggybacking off of what Xavier said, I think it would be interesting to see some sort of potion making system in order to acquire special variants like horse breeding. Just a thought.

XavierEXE likes this.
  5. LotKnockMC

LotKnockMC S̵͚̉i̸̥͔̞̒̕͜n̷̦̹̱͒̈́̚g̶͈̳̙͇͗̾̋̾ͅë̶͔́̌͋ṙ̶̢̧̭͕ VIP+

Minecraft:
    I do agree that wynn's economy is garbage. Simply doing quests and adventuring up to level 88 on my assassin (Including various expenses) got me up to 58 LE. A good 50-55 of that is from quests alone! This means that the price of late-endgame items skyrockets as well. Also, with those who do have the patience to grind up into the level 90 area, they kill so many mobs that they also get tons of money, driving prices even higher. As if that wasn't enough, they also have a large amount of valuable weapons and armors, which they can sell in shops for yet MORE money! There is very much a lack of finite items/consumables to use up this money. More features to use such money could be: Crafting, (it's been suggested before so why not) Tournaments (Basically a series of duels in a large arena that cost money to enter and reward..... like..... items maybe?) or possibly enchanting (Adding IDs to an item at an extreme cost) Sorry for crazy wall of text..

XavierEXE likes this.
  6. motoki1

motoki1 The Damage Calculation Scientist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    no. I personally disagree with your opinion.
    Because I think the prices of potions are already balanced, since it is built by salted.
    In fact, I use 2le of potions when I kill qira everytime, I can fight easily using potions.
    Or, maybe the game balance (strength of the weapons/builds) is not still perfect, so not everyone use potions. Some dudes even can fack up qira in 30s.
    I think that's why wynn economy is sh1t. As the first video said, they never use their money to buy potions, and money will never be consumed. Then, prices of items are going to be higher and higher.
    To be short, wynncraft still needs a lot of nerf (patch). (but pls don't make the game sh1t, salted .-.)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Coronaus and XavierEXE like this.
  7. motoki1

motoki1 The Damage Calculation Scientist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    WAIT.
    The guild wars are the best disposal of emeralds, doesn't it..
    We already have some good ways to throw out emeralds out of economy, right?

8. coga

coga Noob CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What the fuck they are just potions and wont cause any sort of inflation or damage to the economy.

-brain cells slowly decrease-

9. Coronaus

Coronaus Forever a member of the Kingdom of Foxes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The point is by us players continually killing monsters and selling gear, we greatly devalue the currency we use by obtaining more of it. This causes item prices to be much greater then they were in the past. By finding a way to take money out of the economy, the game can control its inflation. Please read my post thoroughly before commenting.

XavierEXE likes this.
  10. coga

coga Noob CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't read things that are bullshit anything near thoroughly, sorry.

11. buukie

buukie Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    While you make some valid points, I don't really see the point in making health potions go for higher.
    All it does is give you more health, and you could simply just play Mage or afk in a spot for 2 or 3 minutes with health regen to get health back more easily.
    Most high leveled players don't use potions in the first place. (as a 94 Archer, I just ask for a Mage to heal me or just deal with it)
    And like in Salted's post that Selvut quoted, they're supposed to be cheap. It's a low amount for a high level, but I don't really want to spend something as simple as a health potion for say, 5EB or whatnot.

12. Gooboi

Gooboi Travelled Adventurer

I think that those who have the emeralds to afford the potions without a scratch don't need them because they have good enough gear to survive without pots. Those newer to wynncraft with less resources however, who need the pots, cannot afford them and this will have a major ding on their emerald balance. Just my thinking. Not sure if I am right or wrong. Correct me or give other ideas.

13. Bank

Bank Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Horses are a sinkhole too

Coronaus and Cruuk like this.
  14. ShinyAfro

ShinyAfro Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    m8 that's kinda counterproductive, that's like saying lv. 100 potion you get 4 instead of 3, so bascially level 100 costs as much as level 95, but heals more and is more storage-dense.

15. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    new player comes, old player leaves
    While a few old players do giveaways, most keep their money in the bank maybe some day they will come back
    Whether they come back or not, this create a void in the economy, that's why white horse aren't 1Le each

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.