Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Thoughts On Refund Policy [community Question]

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Killoli, Apr 23, 2016.

?

What do you think of the Refund Policy?

1. It's alright.

2. It should be changed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killoli

Killoli looking for a girlfriend HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We all know about the whole thing about Refund Policy.
    For those who don't, you lose your stuff, by different reasons; such as, lag, accidental, drop an item and someone steals it, etc. And you cannot get it back.
    Anyways, I'd decide to make a simple poll in which, the community thinks of the refund policy.
    Note: I am NOT in anyway wanting to change the refund policy, the way it is now, I believe is in a neutral, or at a stalemate. This thread is simply to question the thoughts on the topic.

What the refund policy does:
    +Prevents use of asking for FREE STUFF.
    -People who TRULY lost their stuff, can't get them back.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. Sentinel

Sentinel Rebellious Sentinel Who Is A Great Mystery...

Guild:
    I think it's kind of necessary because if it wasn't there (and strictly enforced), people would go around saying "I LOST MY ___! MOD PLZ GIVE IT BACK!" And it would be difficult to discern truth from lie.

Andy0132, Ganny and Killoli like this.
  3. ashdalf

ashdalf wagoo wagoo

We shouldn't be making Wynncraft focus on changing the refund policy. Rather have them fix glitches or implement new systems, that way the player doesn't have to drop and lose all their shit.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Andy0132, Triverr, DJBorbo and 3 others like this.
  4. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    What I hate about the policy is not the policy itself but how it's brought to the table. Whenever someone posts a thread saying they lost their item in whatever way, everyone just goes to the post and goes, 'ooh! an opportunity to show off how authoritative I am!' and they say:

"Oh, that sucks that you lost your item! Unfortunately, Wynncraft has a strict..." (the word strict is always included) "... "No refund policy". Sadly mods cannot intervene and the only way to get your item back is perhaps buying one or grinding for a new one."

Instead of possible just saying:

"Sorry, you can't get your item back, Wynncraft has a "No refund policy"."

But that's just my opinion, anyway.

But ya those people piss me off

Gogeta, ashdalf, WithTheFish and 3 others like this.
  5. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    because no one has any proof that they lost everything due to a bug they cant be refunded.
    it also eases up the work on the question section and GitHub, instead of mods going around handing out random items to people they can actually play and moderate the game.

Andy0132 likes this.
  6. px_1

px_1 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Let me remind anyone that might see this thread, that we do not have the power to spawn any items nor we have a way to know if you did lost an item or not, remember that it is really easy to just fake that you lost something (editing an screenshot, chat logs, making up a story and trying to have a friend back you up; etc).
    Mods are just normal players that have the power to ban/unban people and tools that help us do our jobs.

Andy0132, Killoli, Pretzule and 9 others like this.
  7. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    I think it's fine as it is,except one thing :
    SKILL POINTS GLICH.

Andy0132 likes this.
  8. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you cant prove it happened to you

9. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    In fact it happened on my bank class so I lost a breathing helmet but I'm so scared now

10. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    You can do /fixquest to get it back ( i think)

#Refundpolicy5lyfe

11. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    The only way to get an item back (in my opinion) is by having a really solid proof. But other than that I think the system works.

12. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Oh nooooooo

13. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, the idea of "you can't get your items back lol" is kinda dumb, but it does make sense considering that a thousand+ people log onto the server each day, and probably dozens of them lose an item. Chances are they didn't bother to give proof either. It would be nice to give refunds but there's no way to have some sort of system without abuse/someone ruining it for everyone else.

14. Hyprosis

Hyprosis YouTube creator, 12K subs, Double Veteran HERO

Minecraft:
    I just lost my full collection of mythics to lagg!!!!!!!!!111!11!!1 admins pls giv bakk111!11!!!111111

Nyam and Theepicsquash like this.
  15. Bank

Bank Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I would love to be able to give it back to people, but unless you can 100% prove you lost them to a glitch which spoiler alert: you can't unless you were recording and its not like you're recording all the time. However lets say you did, the thing is only Admins can give stuff and they don't have the time to spawn in an item for everyone that loses something. Its just not something that could happen.

Killoli likes this.
  16. Heylo

Heylo Semi Retired Vet of Wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Bank is right if you can proof it via recording you could get a refund but the only thing they could do is like give you money to buy it on the forum and the money by the way isn't spawned but farmed so they would farm all day emeralds just to give a refund and farming day and night for others is boring and is the reason why many people stop playing (high level + nothing to do = helping others + getting popular that you help = never time to play with out getting anoyed)
    i have the problem with constandly getting asked aswell i helped some players and now the half network wants my help (maybe not the half network but you get my point)

17. S3ok

S3ok Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I believe you can't get your item even with that strong proof (from staff,..). Only If some other player is willing to give it.

The policy is alright, even if it wasn't players fault. It sucks to lose an item, we all know it but it's nowhere end of the game.

18. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    There will never be any true proof, so there'll never be any items refunded

19. Killoli

Killoli looking for a girlfriend HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread was not on the base of change. It was simply community question. What their thoughts are, but there is no change onto this. I did not mean to prove a high vote for change, but simply to survey the community's somewhat answer.

20. ashdalf

ashdalf wagoo wagoo

Ah sorry, I just felt the need to put my opinion out there. I apologize for doing it here ;p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.