Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build A Very Salty Puzzle (command Block Creation)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Ravelord Nito, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravelord Nito

Ravelord Nito help

Minecraft:
    Have you ever wanted to rotate maps to make a giant picture of Salted?

No? Well, that's probably a good thing!

Anyway, recently I came up with an idea for a simple command block puzzle using maps to form a picture when flipped into the correct orientation.

Here is a quick (and very poorly made) video showing it in action:

(apparently the recorder didn't like me)

As you can see it's fairly simple and easy to solve, however if I wanted to I could expand it as the commands are in blocks that can be copied and pasted.

How it works:
    Alright, first I stole Salted's profile pic then divided it into 9 segments before converting them into maps with this website. These images could then be replaced with already existing map files to show up in the world

Next, I had to figure out a way to rotate the maps. I did this buy using the entitydata command with the tag ItemRotation. After that I built blocks that allowed the commands to cycle through each time a button pressed by making a redstone block be placed, sending a signal through a block into the commands before destroying it and summoning sand above the next block (giving a delay so the signal can only go through one block). I repeated this for all 9 item frames (which were named to easily distinguish them).
    This ended up looking like this:

2016-03-27_11.44.33.png
    To detect when the puzzle had been completed I used testfor commands the looked for each item frame in the correct position. This was then passed through a simple logic gate that powered a chain of commands that played sounds, set off particle effects and broke and replaced the floor.
    This looked like this:

2016-03-27_11.44.39.png

Building this gave me a few other ideas, so hopefully I can do another puzzle-type-thing soon.

Copper, Coolfood, PixelVox and 5 others like this.
  2. PixelVox

PixelVox Animator

Really cool! Nice work :D never seen anything like this.

3. Coolfood

Coolfood The Coolest Food

Minecraft:
    that's probably a good thing
    (the salted part of it)

4. Defunct Fighter

Defunct Fighter Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    (Runs away screaming from puzzle)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.