Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How To Make Assassin Balanced! (72 Supporters!)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by XavierEXE, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
?

Your take on Assassin?

1. Assassin needs a HUGE nerf, it's so OP!

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. Assassin needs a bit of a nerf to be balanced.

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Assassin is fine the way it is.

42 vote(s)
    26.6%
  4. Assassin needs a bit of a buff to be balanced.

87 vote(s)
    55.1%
  5. Assassin needs a HUGE buff, it's so UP!

20 vote(s)
    12.7%
  6. I don't play assassin.

26 vote(s)
    16.5%
  7. I don't care.

21 vote(s)
    13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is my take on the "Nerf Assassin Buff Assassin" issue.
    Assassin has a higher skill cap compared to the other classes, and it's tougher to do good with. But if you're good at it, you can be devastating. It's powerful and exploits elemental weaknesses a ton with many rapid hits instead of single hits. People think that assasin is UP now just becaude before you could wak up to anything a OHKO it. Now, this doesn't mean it has it's issues, and I have two suggestions.
    1. Nerf Smoke Bomb slightly and Buff Multihit slightly. Multihit has lost a lot of it's usage and smoke bomb feels like the best assassin spell, which isn't right. A melee classes best spell is range? What? So why not take some of the power from smoke bomb, and put it into multihit, a MELEE move?
    2. Lower mana drain in Vanish. The mana drain in vanish is more than before Gavel, AND the mana lost from sprinting doesn't get negated like before, it STACKS! Meaning, vanish has nearly no use. If assassin doesn't get a movement spell, make the spells it does have useful! Plus, @Selvut283's assassin DOES HAVE MANA REGEN IN VANISH. (It's not anything to do with them being a mod) I think it eould be a lot better if mana regen IDs worked in Vanish OR the drain was just reduced, because it's absurd right now.
    Kraby also came up with another way to fix this:
    That's my take on the assassin issue, from a view of someone who barely plays assassin! Hooray!

...leave your thoughts in the comments.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you do not want your mana to drain quickly, use Vanish to get out of a bad situation and then unvanish...

3. Wikonimo

Wikonimo Assassinating Explorer

I agree, and my main class is assassin.

4. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    In order to get out of a situation using vanish, you need to do this:
    Vanish: -5 mana
    Being in vanish for 2 seconds: -4 mana
    Sprinting for 2 seconds to get away in vanish so you aren't in vanish for a long time: -4 mana
    This is assuming you have full mana to start.

If you want to minimize your time in vanish, you need to sprint which adds more mana drain.
    If you don't sprint you stay in vanish for longer which adds more mana drain.
    Once you run out of mana, vanish ends.
    When vanish ends, you have to fight.
    When you have to fight with no mana, you die.
    And if you don't go into vanish to escape, you die.

So how is it useful?

Sirkel and Fread like this.
  5. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. While Smoke Bomb is very powerful, it lacks any sort of movement. You need to drag the mobs through the cloud to damage them, and Charge-AI mobs are very good at dodging this. Multihit has the ability to throw mobs around, so you can easily throw an offending mob off a nearby cliff in a hilarious fashion that will surely make the other enemies stop and laugh as he Wiley-Coyote's his fall (I'm serious, it's so funny when you're holding a mob over an edge like that).

2. I can agree with this.

6. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    but that really shouldnt be its only purpose :(
    we have spin attack for that
    vanish is more for sneaking up on enemies

XavierEXE likes this.
  7. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Vanish does not cost 5 mana. And, watching the video of the mana drain, 2 seconds of Vanish does not cost as much as you say it does...in addition, the Speed 3 and Jump Boost allows you to quickly get to a position where you can't be hit easily. In nearly any area, it shouldn't take more than 3 seconds to escape using Vanish, and that is without sprinting.
    Spin Attack is an offensive comboing move, meant to incapacitate enemies for further attacks. Vanish USED TO BE for sneaking up on enemies due to the zero-to-low mana drain, but now that it has been changed, but now it is a cheaper panic-button sort of move. Meant not for long distance travel(AN INTENTIONAL HANDICAP, I MIGHT ADD) but for short-distance escapes.

Ventus333 likes this.
  8. Kraby

Minecraft:
    still it makes a lot of sense that it would be for sneaking up on enemies
    you can atleast not make it drain when standing still :(
    and i know its not meant to be fore long distance travel but you know what how about we forget everything i say and just change 1 thing , when you are in vanish the first spell you use when getting out of it will cost half the energy
    simply if your enemy is really close you can sneak up on him and have mana for a spell

XavierEXE likes this.
  9. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    This would be amazing

10. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Guys, you do know how OP vanish is? I can get up to the detlas tower, watch some poor sap try and find me on the ground, then jump on him, dealing large amounts of damage if not killing him. If I get low on health, I vanish, hide, wait for my health/mana to regen, wait till he gets close, and kill him. It isn't that hard :/
    But thats just my two cents

11. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Mana doesn't regen in vanish

12. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    I meant hide behind a building and unvanish. Or go to the nether, it won't drain there

13. Kraby

Minecraft:
    corrected you

Fread, then perish and XavierEXE like this.
  14. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Haha no. Seriously, try it out in Detlas. The assassin isn't about brute force, it's about mind games. Using vanish makes your opponent THINK you have more mana than you do, which makes them panic and waste their mana. As long as you don't spam spells (spin attack, multihit, vanish mostly, most people aren't dumb enough to spam smoke bomb), you should have enough mana to vanish. Also, I tested. if you use vanish and run out of mana, it takes around 4-5 seconds for it to force you to unvanish. Also, you have to remember that the assassin can't be OP in PvE. Right now it's balanced there. (Except for mage. God I hate mages. Why are they so OP?)

15. cars3n

cars3n Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I thought assassin was supposed to be SNEAKY
    How to do sneak up to a speed III archer, without sprinting?

Fread and XavierEXE like this.
  16. Selvut283

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, there is such a thing called the "sneak" key that prevents players from seeing your nametag from behind walls when held down. Do so until the archer passes by, then emerge after using a Spin Attack to stun them and Multihits to knock them away while blinded. In addition, if they have speed 3, they are not sprinting for fear of losing mana as well. You can easily keep up.
    Well, there is such a thing called the "sneak" key that prevents players from seeing your nametag from behind walls when held down. Do so until the archer passes by, then emerge after using a Spin Attack to stun them and Multihits to knock them away while blinded. In addition, if they have speed 3, they are not sprinting for fear of losing mana as well. You can easily keep up.

17. XavierEXE

Minecraft:
    Double post?

18. Air_Locke_

Air_Locke_ im a water bottle HERO

Minecraft:
    i mean with the right gear i do 15k per multihit and for some reason 25k with smoke bomb so i agree with the smoke bomb nerf and multihit buff as the third spell is usually the most damaging spell.
    but im pretty satisfied with assasin currently

19. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I thought all assassin threads died once someone (i forget who, sorry D:) made the "regarding the assassin buff" thread ans PROVED WITH FULL EVIDENCE that assassin doesn't need a buff.

But I guess that thread was useless, because we have another thread.

If you want assassin buffed, so be it. The owners obviously think it is strong, otherwise they would have buffed it.

This is a message THAT YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO IF YOU ARE ASSASSIN:

Go and waste you LE on reset scrolls in T-O-Amnesia. Build a class that suits your playstyle. Get potions. Get good armor and weapons. You will then not complain on the forums. I hope.

Devourer and FishWaffle like this.
  20. FishWaffle

FishWaffle It's ya boi VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if, just maybe, to avoid large mana drain, you put points into Intelligence?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.