Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Glitch496, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggycat

Piggycat Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I just put some random numbers and my initials into my first username. I was bored and combining animal names, going through "Cowwycat" and "Chickencat" (my favorite animal is cats, btw), when I got to Piggycat. Once name changes were added, I got the name Piggycat I still have it <3

2. mArauder

mArauder Friendly Neighborhood Guy

Guild:
    Well...
    One day. I got addicted to this game called Starcraft, and you see there was this one troop in the game called "Marauder."
    I used it so many times...

3. TheAule

TheAule The Smithy of the Valar

Guild:
    @FlamingPinecone
    In The Hobbit, in the chapter titled Out of the Frying Pan - Into the Fire, Gandalf, Bilbo, and the thirteen dwarves are trapped in trees, encircled by Wargs. Gandalf ignites pinecones and throws it at the Wargs' noses in an attempt to drive them away.

Story Time, Kids!

My name is also from J.R.R. Tolkien's universe of Middle Earth, albeit a more esoteric portion of it. For anyone who hasn't read The Silmarillion, I shall provide a short summary of relevant portions.

The omnipotent being Eru Ilúvatar created the Ainur, akin to God creating angels. The 14 most powerful Ainur who descended to Arda, that is Earth, becoming known as the Valar.

• Manwë Súlimo
    • Ulmo
    • Aulë
    • Oromë
    • Mandos (Námo)
    • Lórien (Irmo)
    • Tulkas Astaldo
    • Varda Elentári
    • Yavanna Kementári
    • Nienna
    • Estë the Gentle
    • Vairë the Weaver
    • Vána the Ever-young
    • Nessa
    Credit to http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/ for this list
    Aulë is known as the Vala of Rocks, of Metal, of the Earth, of Smithying, of Crafting, of Mining. Since MineCraft is kind of composed by the elements that Aulë represents, I chose his name to be a fitting representation.
    Problem #1: I couldn't use umlauts (the two dots over the vowel) in making the name, so I had to settle for Aule instead of Aulë.
    Problem #2: ‘Aule’ was taken. Instead of using underscores or numbers or whatever, I chose the more elegant TheAule.
    After name changes came out, I looked for the name ‘Aule’, but the person who took it appears to have left minecraft forever. I think I shall be stuck with this name.

4. Enderman1234

Enderman1234 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well, i was a fan of Enderman

Enderman was taken (and ive seen the guy that has it)
    And i was young so basically "Fuck it lets go Enderman1234"

I want to change it to Endammus

5. reedico

reedico Well-Known Adventurer

I banged my face on my keyboard

6. Cenpyla

Cenpyla Zap HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've gone through too many usernames to explain, so I'll explain my most interesting ones.

HAMAFAPOOURAZZZ - I've gotten a lot of comments on this one when I had it. It's an acronym. "HArley MAkes FAiries POop OUt RAinbowZZZ." I was looking at the flower forest biome when the biome update first came out with my friend Harley, and she said something along the lines of "It's looks like a place I'd play with fairies and make them poop out rainbows." So I went as far as to buy a new Minecraft account (this was before name changes) and name it HAMAFAPOOURAZZZ. My main email is also an acronym of the same thing.

Cenpyla (my current username, obviously) - LITERALLY A KEYSMASH. L I T E R A L L Y.

7. Gamebuster

Gamebuster Knowledgeable Adventurer

I was introduced to an MMORPG called runescape when I was in grade school, and decided to make an account for it at a friend's house. I basically just came up with Gamebuster on the spot after another name that I tried was already taken. I've used this name ever since.

8. Darakadon

Darakadon Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My usual MC name DarkAfterburn came from Miscrits, an amazing game in my opinion. My current name 'cooltentsgaming' was to annoy a trolly member of staff on another

9. HappyMcDoodle

HappyMcDoodle Funni Computer Virus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My favorite soft drink is Dr Pepper, and my favorite FNAF animatronic (although I hate FNAF now) was Mangle.
    For my MC username, it's a reference to the fallen humans from Undertale.

10. Naych

Naych retired edgelord VIP

Minecraft:
    Mine is simple
    It was a Lego character I made when I was like 4

11. UltimateShitLord

UltimateShitLord Mhm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I liked Star Wars (still do) end of story

12. Binkie

Binkie If being hot is a crime, arrest me. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Binkie is my baby blanket

13. ___MCPlayer___

___MCPlayer___ Well-Known Adventurer

I thought about how I should change my name to swagger, which I thought was taken and it is. So I always say Q's in peoples names, so I thought I'd change it to Swqqer, then I changed it to this c: since I have a duck skin.

14. AetherArising

AetherArising Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    i knew it ;3

15. Cenpyla

Cenpyla Zap HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mine is literally a keysmash. I came up with a bunch of names for a fictional family I was going to write about, and because it was a fantasy setting, I tried to make the names as weird as possible. I ended up just keysmashing and adding letters to make them sound better. I never actually made the characters, but I decided to use this name as my username for everything because I liked it best.

16. CottonCane

CottonCane Travelled Adventurer

It was Christmas when I came up with my name so I did "Cotton Candy" + "Candy Cane" minus both the candies and voila, a strange sounding hybrid. Cheers

17. DrawnPersonality

DrawnPersonality Travelled Adventurer

I like drawing and I was trying to think of a like a cool "inspiring" name and it took me a while to think of something but then I thought "DrawnPersonality" sounds cool. I changed my name to "DrawnPersonality" and nobody took it! And I've gotten a few compliments which really makes me feel good!

18. Diardve

Diardve Travelled Adventurer

It honestly just came into my mind

19. Inceptus

Inceptus Silent forums lurker

A character in the Skulduggery Pleasant book series was named "Solomon Wreath"
    Wreath was already taken, so I decided to make mine sound similar, so I chose "Wrieth"

Now, if I ever figure out how to get my security questions right (Long story, Mojang's a butt) I will change my name to "Rathaell"
    The story for that one: I know that the name Samael is the name of the Grim Reaper, Angel of Death, or however many names that myth has.
    So I chose the "ael" suffix. Why I have "Rath" in the front of my name isn't what you think: It's the prefix of one of my favorite video game monsters:

The Rathalos. It's just a classic dragon that has been in all of the Monster Hunters games, and for that reason I really like it.

So, a recap: "Rath" from the monster, "ael" from the Angel of Death's name: Hence "Rathaell" (Yes, I added another "L" onto it. It looks better)

20. RaccoonRoss

RaccoonRoss Friend of Raccoons

Guild:
    I love raccoons. My name is Ross. What a surprise, huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.