Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How Much Real World Money Did You Give Worid?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by LoyalFlush, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoyalFlush

LoyalFlush Very Pleasant

Minecraft:
    Warning: the following post contains many words, if you are fine with that, read on.

Recently, after completing Jungle Fever for the fifth time, I had the idea of finding out just how much real world money Worid received when you handed him those liquid emeralds. Let's begin. (I will be using USD)

To find the price of one emerald, we must first figure out value of their size, purity, colour and cut.

2016-01-22_20.58.10.png
    The Wynncraft emerald is opaque, in other words, not very pure. Looking at the texture of the emerald, one can see darker spots on certain parts of the emerald, this shows that the emerald contains some inclusions.

As for the cut, well...I found it difficult to judge a pixelated texture, so I'll just say it's well polished.

The ideal emerald will have a colour that remains beautiful in any lighting. The Wynncraft emerald seems to be a bit too light to match that description.

So far, the emerald seems to be just a "good" emerald that will be worth about $500 to $1000 per carat. However, the size has not yet been accounted for.

The size of the emerald can be determined with some simple maths. We know that 64 emeralds is 1 cubic metre. (An emerald block) so one emerald is exactly .015625 cubic metres. Let's use 0.016 cubic metres for the sake of simplicity. The density of an emerald can range from 2670kg to 2780kg for an emerald block. 1kg is equal to 5000 carats, so an emerald block can range from 13.35 to 13.9 million carats. Times that by 64 and we have 854.4 million to 889.6 million carats, a liquid emerald. Times that by another 64 and we get the result for the amount of carats Worid receives from one player, 54.7 to 56.9 billion carats.

We'll first find the minimum amount of money Worid receives. The minimum price of an emerald is $500 per carat. So 500 multiplied by 54.7 billion is 27.4 TRILLION DOLLARS FROM ONE PLAYER! Stop reading for a moment and try to guess how much money Worid has received from all of the players he tricked.

The maximum price of an emerald is $1000 per carat. 1000 multiplied by 56.9 billion is 56.9 trillion dollars.

Today, we learned that Worid has enough money to buy the Zillion-dollar breakfast for everybody on the forums.
    Unfortunately, as of now, I do not think I have a way to find exactly how many characters have completed the quest.

I am almost certain that there is a mistake somewhere in this "theory" so be sure to slap me in the face and tell me I'm stupid if you find one.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I think at this point, Worid has enough money to become a global dictator, in fact, the whole reason Gavel was built in the first place was to distract players from doing Jungle Fever and giving Worid more money.

That, or Almuj bank is rich as shit.

3. Air_Locke_

Air_Locke_ im a water bottle HERO

Minecraft:
    interesting i like it

4. stlast

stlast Wybel on a Raft CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What if Worid just gives the LE back to the Almuj bank, and in reality players have been giving Worid almost the exact same LE every time?

5. LoyalFlush

LoyalFlush Very Pleasant

Minecraft:
    Then I shall consider him a fool.

6. Zitrine

Zitrine Lore-kun CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    A troll*

LoyalFlush and CheesePrince13 like this.
  7. DerVillager

DerVillager Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That'd explain a lot.......

8. mikelegend123

mikelegend123 Gone VIP+

Minecraft:
    You shouldn't make fun of worid, He was very ill and I am glad I helped him out!

9. jpmrocks

jpmrocks A Lone Wanderer

Minecraft:
    That means I'm rich tho, I have a stack LE!

10. sjuka_legogubbar

sjuka_legogubbar Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wonder how much it is in the almuj bank left ._. 50+ trillion dollars and not a even enough to see that something is gone...

11. Potato Hoarder

Potato Hoarder Hoarder of all potatoes VIP

Minecraft:
    "The size of the emerald can be determined with some simple maths. We know that 64 emeralds is 1 cubic metre. (An emerald block) so oneemerald is exactly .015625 cubicmetres. Let's use 1.6 cubiccentimetres for the sake ofsimplicity."

You made a mistake.
    1m is = to 100cm but 1m cubed is not = to 100cm cubed

1m^1 = 100cm line
    1m^2 = 10,000cm squared
    1m^3 = 1,000,000cm cubed

1 64th of a cubic meter is not 2.78g, that would meen that the cubic meter of rock weighs in at 2.78 kg.

A 64th of that emerald would be 27.8 tones making the price about 10,000 times more

oya and LoyalFlush like this.
  12. TheMeteorPhoenix

TheMeteorPhoenix Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Worid was very ill... I wonder how you explain that money stash of his somewhere in his house. (I haven't been there so I don't know where it is. Gavel distracted me.)

13. Roamyn

Roamyn Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    You also forgot to calculate for inflation- think of all the emeralds, emerald blocks, and liquid emerald in the world of Wynn.

creature likes this.
  14. DJBorbo

DJBorbo Wannabe edgy memeboi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nb4 game theory makes how much would 1 LE in wynncraft cost in USD

15. LoyalFlush

LoyalFlush Very Pleasant

Minecraft:
    My gawd...

The summer break must've gotten to me, I didn't think about that at all.

Thanks for pointing out that error.

16. Andromeda00

Andromeda00 Travelled Adventurer

The dark part can't be considered inclusions when it's obviously pretending to be the shadow, it would have to have some darker pixels in the center. Also you're considering the emerald as not pure because it's not see through, when its classification considers color first and clarity second. So more color saturation is considered better :P
    For emeralds, clarity is observed with the naked eye (for diamonds, loupes are used!) so it's a bad gem if it has surface breaking fissures or visible inclusions (if not it's considered flawless).
    So it would be graded a fine gem because it doesn't have inclusions and has a highly saturated green color.

When we compare it's size with our characters, that emerald is HUGE. So lots of carats and big bucks...

I'm interested in seeing this done with a diamond ;)

17. Keeko100

Keeko100 static VIP+

Minecraft:
    I have dreams of slaying the foul beast, Worid, in all of his cruel selfishness.
    May his soul burn in the fiery pits of Yahya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.