Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Extinct Mobs Of Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SPYROHAWK, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    So I have been making a lot of little threads until I could actually grasp something for a real theory. Well, today I got it!

So I was looking in the trade market for a new wand (even though I never end up buying anything) and I came across this thread by @Blokies :
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-higher-gear-and-weapons.102824/#post-1130318

Now. I went directly to the wand section to see if there was anything better than my broken harp. No luck. However, when I took a quick glance at the armor section, a certain pair of boots caught my eye.

Ventus Tail.jpg (The picture owner has let me use the picture. I have already credited him)

Now. Why do I care so much about this item? I mean, I am only lvl 48, no way I could use these lvl 80 boots, much less afford them. So why do I care?

Well, gather around, because we are about to go deep into Wynn history. Actually no, not Wynn history. This is before History. Where we are going, is pre-historic.

---

So! Extinct Wynnic Mobs. Thats something we have not talked about too much. Lets jump into it!

• Ancients. Who are the ancients? To be honest, we don't know. They are obviously pre-human inhabitants of Wynn who all went missing save for a few in the ancient ruins of Wynn Excavation Site D. (Not fully extinct, but extinct in the wild$

• Creepers. So what exactly are creepers? Well first of all they are four legged green guys that explode. But more seriously, they are extinct. We learn that during creeper infiltration. Now if you remember a little bit WAY back to, oh idk when, you may remember @MarkedForDeath having a thread about creepers. There we basically said that creepers are extinct due to over hunting, which explains why their heads are proudly on display in various towns, especially the wealthiest city in Wynn, Almuj! (Not fully extinct, but extinct in the wild and beloved to be extinct)

• Now. The boots. Why was I so interested in the boots? Ventus Tail. Well, read the lore: "Fashioned from the cut tails of the now extinct Venti, these nearly immaterial boots are light as air and crackling with lightning." Now I ask, why have we not heard of the Venti before? I do not know much about Gavel, but I highly doubt they are Gavel mobs. Gavel's problems are more recent than Wynn's corruption, meaning much less extinct creatures and abandoned buildings. SO! What else do we know? Well we know they had tails, which could be cut off. We know they were almost immaterial, which probobly means very thin. Or it could mean the creatures were more spiritual, and the material they are made from not not very physical. The final thing we know is that they favor the elements Air and Thunder. The boots made from their tails were ultra-light (light as air in the desc) and crackling with lightning. (Fully extinct)

So yeah! That's another mob added to our Extinct Mobs list. If anyone has any info that I might missed or any other extinct creatures, feel free to comment! And keep your eyes out for more info on the Venti!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    WilsonKry, faragoo, Devourer and 7 others like this.
  2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "In biology and ecology, extinction is the end of an organism or of a group of organisms (taxon), normally a species. The moment of extinction is generally considered to be the death of the last individual of the species"
    yea... the first two aren't extinct

you are posting a lot of crescent threads lately, maybe you should take it easy and slow down with the thread spamming.

WithTheFish, Grimmcat, Cruuk and 16 others like this.
  3. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    wynn started corrupting 100 years ago , the decay in gavel started 1000 years ago

Triverr, CheesePrince13 and Gogeta like this.
  4. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Ok. So the first two are near extinct. Popular belief says they are extinct.

And I was actually done with making threads for now until I say those boots. I had no intention of making this thread beforehand. I can safely tell you that I only have 4 projects going on. 2 of them are VERY long term and will probobly not be completed for a month. 1 of them should not be out for like a week or two. 1 of them is just working with an already-existing thread. So yeah, I don't have any plans for anything new.

also, I am not familiar with the term "crescent thread". Could you please explain what that is?

5. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    more like a third , infact only half of the forest
    but yea

6. blankman

blankman Wynncraft Boomer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ventis sound more mythical, so I would think they're Gavel residents.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  7. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    I thought they sounded really jungle-y. Like some kind of lizard or something...

8. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ancient is mob... isn't it?

9. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    yeah

10. Ernest_Malov

Ernest_Malov Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Stop

https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...at-we-think-we-think-we-think-we-know.104529/

Spamming

https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/ok-someone-screwed-up.104429/

Threads

https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/powders-idea.104547/#post-1130606

While I appreciate your ideas, your theory threads are getting quite useless. Sure I appreciate a few here and there that are well constructed, but stop for a moment and consider if your thread is either "shitpost" or "not shitpost". If it's the latter, I congratulate you as you might've made a quality thread. Also putting poll options as "gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8" or "Go die in a hole in mexico" is one of the main reasons people don't take half of your posts and comments seriously. What are you aiming towards? There is no hidden goal here, unless you're aiming to spam threads and annoy mods. Then you've successfully achieved that.

Grimmcat, Cruuk, JohnDSi and 5 others like this.
  11. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    None of those are theories. The first one was supposed to be funny (I guess I am not good at that), the second one I was just pissed off and was not thinking, and the third one was a legit suggestion thread. This thread right here was supposed to be a little database thing.

But I see your point. This has been addressed on my profile page (although you may need to do a bit of digging because I had to split it into different parts because of character limit.)

I would encourage you reading my most recent profile post (once again, digging required) and understand that I understand how you feel. I openly apologize. I am sorry that I have made you feel like this is all just spampost, and that I have made it look like I am just posting for no good reason.

(and about the poll thing, I assure you around like 99% [I have not actually done the numbers] have comedic options, or multiple, in them. I guess I am just not good at being funny)

mothwolf and blankman like this.
  12. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    crescent threads, like a crescent moon, are threads that were published half baked, they have a good idea in their core but its not well executed.
    crescent threads mostly take little thought to make and spark a kind of bomb in the community which makes other people want to make threads, those people make their threads and turn to the closest threads as a model and guidance in a case of a crescent thread they will make another crescent thread thus continuing the chain.

13. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I thought the term "crescent threads" got it's name from a certain someone who did similer things like what @SPYROHAWK is doing now.

14. Gartato

Gartato NIS' FILTHY DANK MEMER VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Except that person had no content, it was even below 'meh' levels of the already-fairly-mediocre standard that a large amount of us like for some reason.

15. Alexdacube

Alexdacube The Cube is reborn CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    No please keep posting threads I like having multiple new threads that are interesting to read and are not about bugs with gavel

mothwolf likes this.
  16. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since no one seems to have stated it yet and you still seemed unsure of what they were in the main post:
    • Ventus, or the plural, Venti, are primarily spirits of wind first, with some being spirits of lightning as well. This is a theme from various sources of ancient mythology, but the words Ventus and Venti are Latin words, and thus that is the Roman aspect of them. Most sources point to them being chaotic or uncontrollable and thus the belief was that they may cause storms. So actually they are 'Mythical' creatures, as they are from actual mythology.
    I do not have a source for this aside from my brain since I have always been a Mythology database anyway, but I could find one if you so desire.

Edit: Changed the wording of a few things and added a source if you want to read more. I'm lazy though so it's just Wikipedia :3

In ancient Greek religion and myth, the Anemoi(Greek: Ἄνεμοι, "Winds")[n 1] were wind gods who were each ascribed a cardinal directionfrom which their respective winds came (see Classical compass winds), and were each associated with various seasons and weatherconditions. They were sometimes represented as mere gusts of wind, at other times were personified as winged men, and at still other times were depicted as horses kept in the stables of the storm god Aeolus, who provided Odysseus with the Anemoi in the Odyssey.

The deities equivalent to the Anemoi in Roman mythology were the Venti (Latin, "winds"). These gods had different names, but were otherwise very similar to their Greek counterparts, borrowing their attributes and being frequently conflated with them.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    JohnDSi and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  17. enderman494

enderman494 Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Are Dragons extinct as far as we know? or endangered like the first two species

18. Bank

Bank Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    The first two are endangered not extinct

19. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Savage roast ooohhh

20. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft: