Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

♚ The Official Yu-gi-oh Thread ♚

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Antra, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is why you buy Blackwings for approx. $60-80 and then proceed to slaughter the meta because no one was expecting them.

Or Deskbots for like $20 because every card in the deck is a common and they can reach 28,000 atk.

Both really good rogue budget decks :3

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

I did play blackwings at one point and then they got hit in a future ban list. I also played other cheapish decks that were good that all got hit in future ban lists. What I am trying to say is if it's cheap and effective it will be hit in a ban list making yu-gi-oh a game of expensive decks only.
    Any current cheap competitive decks that are available right now or in the future will get destroyed by ban lists. ALWAYS

3. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Blackwings have every card at three and have been so for almost a year or more. In addition, they are actually getting even more support, such as new Synchros, new tuners and monsters, and a boss monster that is actually decent. Even if they get hit, there are many other decks that are cheap and strong, I just provided a couple examples. Senju, Blackwings, Deskbots, Igknights (with the right build and player), etc.
    Some decks don't even have to be an archetype to be good. Hell, the other day I faced a Batteryman-Gem Knight-Naturia deck and got locked out of the game turn one because they summoned Cyber Dragon Infinity, Durendal, Naturia Beast, and Naturia Barkion with about 2-3 cards. Was impressive and frightening at the same time. So not all decks are restricted to pre made archetypes. You just need to find a style you like to play as and a deck that's good at doing it.

Edit: Your point of decks always being hit is not exactly true. Bujins have literally never once been hit and in fact have only been buffed throughout their lifetime. As an anti-meta deck that can run up to eight Honests at once and can recycle six of them, this is incredibly different from your claim. If every powerful budget got hit then this deck would not even be playable anymore.

Another Edit: As of this month, boosters are now guaranteed to have foils in them, making some cards vastly cheaper than they were. Thus the game should see a large drop in overall card prices.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  4. Zuikaku_

Zuikaku_ tired college student VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh hey this thread is still alive

#monarchs

Antra and CheesePrince13 like this.
  5. Ekriul

Ekriul .⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. HERO

Minecraft:
    I like agumon

6. Zuikaku_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was about to say to use El Shaddoll Winda, but we all know what happened to them...

*ahem*

Ritual Beasts are pretty fun too!
    Granted, the Cannahawk hit was pretty bad

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  7. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

Like I said before, I haven't played in about 3 years mostly because every deck I would ever play that was cheap and competitive got hit on the next ban list. Call it bad luck if you want but that is my experience with yu-gi-oh. I use to have 11 decks but sold them all for almost nothing because I didn't want anything tempting me to play again. I preferred to play for fun but everyone else wanted to tryhard the heck out of it with their expensive decks and only cared about winning and that sucked all the fun out of it for me. So I couldn't have fun and I couldn't compete, good bye yu-gi-oh.

8. Kahsol

Kahsol Local Serial Liker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    temmie no liek

9. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I still don't quite understand why they hit shaddolls. They were already on the decline when they got hit and were far past their prime. And I tried Ritual Beasts once and didn't even begin to understand how they worked.

Edit: @Rane022 if you want to just play casually and not have to buy cards, just use online simulators and games like YgoPro and DevPro. Play casually or competitively as much as you want and you don't have to buy any of them.

10. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    Odd eyes dracoslayer is bae

11. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not as bad as Rane about budgets, but man the price tag on that one must hurt. Just one of the Luster pendulum guys is like $30. Can't imagine making a deck around them. Especially one as costly as Odd-Eyes. At first I thought that archetype would be really cheap since the original was reprinted so much but every card after him is at least $10.
    Ever since that, I regard that archetype much like the Grinch would; "I wouldn't touch it with a ten-and-a-half-foot pole~."

Lately I've been entertaining myself with Chicken Game/RML/Igknight deck. Because I like watching the opponent commit suicide while I play solitaire and lock them out of the game. I'm an asshole, I know :3
    (At least it's not very consistent at all.)

If I'm not using that, I'm using the aforementioned Blackwings or Deskbots. If I'm dueling casually its Inzektors or Bujins.

12. Antra

Minecraft:
    You cant be an ass hole to this meta tho, so i can play dragon chose, final countdown, chain burn

13. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dragon Chose? And I have never tried Final countdown decks but Chain Burn is just fun. Cruel, but fun.
    And yeah the meta now is getting pretty ridiculous.

14. Zuikaku_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the whole premise of RB is just "fuse Cannahawk as many times as possible", with popping Apelio twice to get a 1k atk boost on all your rb monsters and attack for game

15. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ah. I believe I just fused at random to get the LP boost from Soul Absorption since I didn't know what else to do.

16. jpmrocks

jpmrocks A Lone Wanderer

Minecraft:
    I use Sylans deck. It took so many years for Plant monsters to be good.

17. Zuikaku_

Guild:
    Minecraft:

yes i am the dirty dragon ruler player

18. Antra

Minecraft:
    you should burned in hell, but idc cuz of this meta anyway

19. CheesePrince13

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's funny because every Dragon Ruler card could be at three and this meta would still walk all over them. That's when the meta has gone too far.

20. Antra

Minecraft:
    all cuz of that fucking infinity, fuck you pepe/emem.
    ill just play dracoslayer on ygopro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.