Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The Point Of Doing Quests

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Budderped, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Budderped

Budderped BUDDER COATED

I have been a 75 level for a long time, in case you do not already know. In the previous wynncraft, there were a lot less quests. You had to rely on grinding to get most of your exp. In the pas after doing the ToL quest, you had to grind to level 74 to do Bob's quest. This was tough. Later, they "fixed" it by adding more quests. However it does not seem much of a fix because I was already at 75level, and the low level quest dont give me much xp or emeralds if there was no xp cap at 75 level. Not to mention the sheer dreadfulness of going out to sea, only to be rubberbanded again and again, falling into unloaded chunks while seeing blue everywhere. I never finished the low level quests, and probably will not, although now I can be over 75 level, but mainly I do not benefit from doing it and it is a waste of time which I would get more xp grinding that doing those quests. Another thing about the quests is they are boring. It requires you to talk to NPC A, fight Boss B, get the Drop C from Boss B, Bring it to NPC D in Hidden location C, where you solve puzzle D and finish the quest by talking to NPC A again. These quests are boring. In the gavel update, they added some quests with good xp and emeralds, making it a viable option to grind for us level 75. But these quests are so tricky and frustrating to do that everyone is crying out loud on the forums for the solution. What the Wynncraft team needed to do is not add volume of quests, but quality and variety of quests. The number of quests are overwhelming and are all very similar in nature. What they should do it add more ways of getting xp other than grinding spots which is boring, but works, and doing quests, which are too monotonous and sometimes frustrating (where you have to go to very distant places and make many trips back and forth). Honestly if it was not the beautiful map, I would not return. And all I will do is see the map, then leave until they add more places, or unless they fix the underlying problem of rather boring gameplay

Andy0132, mothwolf and SaltyMeatBalls like this.
  2. Ernest_Malov

Ernest_Malov Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    What quest are you currently stuck on? You see, there's a thing called youtube + the wynncraft wiki....

Andy0132, blankman and BigMacYoshi like this.
  3. MajesticMaj

MajesticMaj 11 Mythics Found | 40,131 chests HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If it's boring for you then it's boring for YOU. :)

Andy0132, blankman, Devourer and 7 others like this.
  4. Lesliep

Lesliep Lazy Wynn Mage

Minecraft:
    firstly, none of the new quests (save Fantastic Voyage) have anything to do with the ocean, therefore no rubber banding. And now, the quests are a lot better. They have more complicated puzzles, different types of npcs, and you're much more interactive with the quests. And honestly, quests, while being harder than grinding, are MUCH more fascinating. You learn lore about the game, you find out backstories and are given clues to hidden areas.
    And isn't it better that you get to choose if you want to be the greedy, corrupt hero and choose your ending for quests, rather than simply talk to NPC A, fetch this item/kill this boss, talk to NPC A, done? quests take longer and reward more.

5. iZenix

iZenix Hacked AK-2 Security droid

Minecraft:
    This is the essence. While having another 50-something quests to burn through is boring, the expansion compensates for it will an increase in quality. At least you get to pick your loot at the end of An Iron Heart Pt. 2. And you get twice the easter eggs.

However, I do agree that the game could use some more quirkier quests (like Memory Paranoia), instead of relying solely on the Puzzle/Combat model that we see everyday. Maybe a parkour-based quest? Or one that involves time-based challenges? There are lots of possibilities, and we'd all love to see some unique variants roll out.

6. Jetstream

Jetstream Level 1 Gaveler

I'm a returning 75 x 4 to Wynncraft, and what I've really noticed is that quests these days give a LOT of XP and Emeralds. Rewards exceeding 2 LE are not uncommon at the higher levels. Considering that the main way of getting Emeralds from quests was Jungle Fever (and then later House of Twain, before it got nerfed to giving 48 EB instead), this is pretty impressive.

However, it seems like the economy has had gradual inflation and/or duping, given that natural emerald sinks have been insufficient, since I'm hearing stuff about Salted selling his poop (exclusive item) for stacks of LE (which seems to be an indicator of inflation/duping to me).

Therefore, these rewards are less significant (especially with the effect that all the new Mythic items/change of the metagame) and the main focus is on the absurd amounts of XP you get from quests. I'll have to go back to grinding one day, when the quests run dry and I'm still not level 100, but until then, I'm content to explore the new province of Gavel and do quests (which have WAY better puzzles, by the way).

7. Xykeal

Xykeal hello HERO

Minecraft:
    I kinda agree, as the majority of quests I do is about going to and NPC, getting something, going to another NPC which is like 1k blocks away, getting something, repeat 5 times and then go to the original npc to complete the quest.

8. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's what we did.
    We made the most creative quests and puzzles, which are way better than Wynn's quest.

If you don't want to do the low lvl quests when you're lvl 75, That's fine. Just do the lvl 70+ quests....
    You'll love the new low lvl quests when you're lvl 40ish though.

Andy0132, Devourer, Almarick and 2 others like this.
  9. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    Are you kidding
    All of the new quests are on higher quality than the old ones and they are rewarding

10. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    I think the quests are the best part! (other than the fourms). I mean, who does not love helping people, learning lore, and understanding the storyline of the game!

11. icebreaker

icebreaker Retired YouTuber & Full Stack Web Developer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    lol wtf...wynncraft is boring ? r u drunk ?

12. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    I can really agree that there are a few quests that require travel, and mindless grinding, which I too think is boring.

But, if you are just going to sit there, complaining about how quests suck, you give us nothing to work with. As a GM, I love to hear ideas and suggestions (examples for the ideas, too) so that I can produce better quests and features in the future.

By reading your post in it's current state, I've learnt nothing. Make me learn about how to do these super creative and interacting quests you are suggesting. I'd love to see them.

13. sjuka_legogubbar

sjuka_legogubbar Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    To answere your thread name, we are not villagers, we help and sort stuff out to be nice and not for the money. But then they give us money in return ofc, just to show how thankfull they are.
    Why is there no gavel religion? @Ackro

14. BigMacYoshi

BigMacYoshi Card Master of Corkus & All-Knowing Psychic VIP+

Minecraft:
    Wait, House of Twain was changed from 2 LE reward to 48 EB? I don't remember that occurring...

15. Rockachaws

Rockachaws Professional Memer

Umm, this post is directly contradicting itself. You claim at the beginning that the quests in Wynn were too boring and generic, they add the quests in Gavel and make them more challenging, unique, and outright cool, and you are complaining!?!? I don't understand, can someone explain what he is trying to even argue in this post, cause I sure as hell do not understand what his point is(Sarcasm). If you don't like that the quests are more unique and challenging, you might just want to stop playing, cause thats what makes Wynncraft super duper fun.

green254 and Kahsol like this.
  16. RaccoonRoss

RaccoonRoss Friend of Raccoons

Guild:

green254 likes this.
  17. green254

green254 Mediocre architect

How is the new update boring in any way. the quest they've added are absolutely amazing and tbh if you don't want to get XP from quest or grinding (the only two possible ways to get XP in an MMO) then you should probably realize that Wynn isn't for you as its a "Minecraft MMO"

18. Bertle

Bertle Turtle CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Welcome to a game type known as, "MMORPG". If you dont like grinding or doing quests, then why are you even playing this server? If you think Wynncraft is too challenging, you might as well play Club Penguin. :L

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    Devourer likes this.
  19. icebreaker

Minecraft:
    im lvl 88 now and i didnt grind once when gavel is out ... and i still didnt complete 4 quests ! the quests r super awesome and the map is perfectly built ...if you didnt like this unique special after a year waiting for gavel while builders GMs and admins and all content team were doing their best to make us a FREE TO PLAY AWESOME MMORPG SERVER than go kill @mothwolf

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  20. icebreaker

Minecraft:
    what do u want then ? NPCs moving around riding unicorns and Pegasus? Idk :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.