Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Scamming Psa

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Flubby, Dec 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hello Wynncraft,

I am FlubbyB, a VIP rank, digital artist, and Wynncraft enthusiast. I am not a staff member, or a design team member, so I do not intend to answer any in depth questions about what scamming is.

In Wynncraft, the threat of being scammed is a very real thing. It can happen to anybody and be done by anyone. More often than not, the would be scammer is not aware they are scamming. The results of this end up being disastrous for both people. The 'scammer' could end up banned, while the victim feels robbed.

Types of Scammers

•The Unknowing One - This type of scammer is most common. They do not know they are scamming you and are unaware. You can deal with them by telling them that what they are doing is considered scamming and can get them banned. More often than not, they will come clean and end up feeling very bad and will be reasonable.

•The Trickster - This scammer preys on unknowledgeable victims who are typically newer. They will be usually dealing in items you can buy from NPCs for more than the price you buy them for. If you see one, collect screenshots and report them on the forums. If the seller lies about how much an item is worth, that is scamming. It can also be considered scamming if the player explains a method of obtaining an item in an intentionally more difficult method than is standard, unless explicitly stated. This scammer tends to be more along the lines of lying sometimes.

•The Robber - This type of scammer is incredibly hard to detect. They often will propose a trade and claim to want to check something out. The best way to deal with these people is contact the victim and the moderator as well as recording the scammer.

Thank you for reading this PSA about scamming. Remember, most scammers don't know they are scamming. Be polite and handle it maturely.

Credit to @QUETZALCOATL for helping with the Trickster description.

Sincerely, Flubby

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    Fancy_Surgeon and Icy like this.
  2. awemanrank100

awemanrank100 custom title

Minecraft:
    What exactly do you mean with your description of "The Robber?"

3. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    They want to "take a look" at your item by trading it to them, and that they'll give it back later.
    However, this almost never ends well, since the "robber" can always log off with the item and never get punished.

4. Fancy_Surgeon

Fancy_Surgeon Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This is technically not scamming, scamming is if each party did not receive their agreed upon items, or they are told that the said item has attributes it does not have. But if the seller says it's lies about how much it is and how you get (with the buyer asking) then that is scamming, but not if the buyer just states a price. This is more of overpricing the item rather than scamming.

5. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    May I add that to the thread, with you credited?

6. Fancy_Surgeon

Fancy_Surgeon Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Sure, add make sure to ask how the buyer got it, and if the buyer lies and says a way much harder than how it is actually obtained then that would be considered scamming.

Flubby likes this.
  7. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It is for under 14 years kids or noobs :D
    (It is hard to understand so maybe I'm wrong.. )

8. BlueMannChew

BlueMannChew Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Lol this reminds me, some idiot thought I was a noob because I was using my lowest level class and tried to sell me a piece of leather for 12 eb saying "this is the rarest item in the game"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.