Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Elements Explaination

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Cubie, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello Wynncrafters,

If you're reading this, you probably aren't fully familiar with the new Element system that was introduced in the recent "Gavel Update". Well, Don't worry, I'll try to explain it the best I can. Do keep in mind, I'm just a player, This is what I believe is how this Works. I'm fairly certain this is how it works though!

I'm going to split this up into 3 parts.
    - Weapons and Armor
    - Skill Points
    - Mobs

Weapons and Armor
    You will have likely found that your armor and weapons, if they were Unique, Rare or Legendary, were changed from what they used to be to "Unidentified Armor/Weapon". The first step is Identifieng them. (Walk up to an Identifier, every big city has one. Right click him and then right click your unidentified piece, it will put it in the GUI. Now you can click the green mark to accept. Do keep in mind that this costs Emeralds.)

Weapons
    You now have an Item which is either one of the 5 Elements, Normal, or a Multi-element.

Normal Weapons are very straight forward, the only damage output is the damage stated in the "damage" bit, and sometimes it has an identification like "Poison" which also has a chance to damage the enemy.

Elemental Weapons are slightly more Complicated. There are 5 Elements, Fire, Water, Air, Thunder and Earth. Each one of these are different in playstyle. Your weapon will have Normal damage, And a +... Damage from that 1 element if you have an Elemental weapon.

Earth/Terra

This subclass mainly focuses on attack damage, it is the brute subclass and it is very slow as a balance to this. You will benefit with heavy hitting basic attacks and slow movement and attack speed. Spells will not be as important since most of your damage will come from basic swings and bashes.

This subclass/element is mostly based around damage, good for an archer or an assassin who wants to deal massive basic attack damage, but be wary of the slow attack speed you gain from aspects of this subclass/element. You can combine this with the thunder subclass/element to balance out the reduced attack speed

Air/Aer

This subclass mainly focuses on movement speed and dodging. This is the scout/air subclass, it benefits with agility and speed to dodge enemies and to get away fast, it sacrifices attack damage for movement speed and agility. You won't hit as hard but you won't get hit as often as other classes.

This subclass/element however, is contradictory to the brute/earth subclass/element. This will really benefit warriors and archers, warriors being tanks should combine this with fire, while archers can combine this with tank/fire or brute/earth, this depends on if they want more damage(Brute/earth) or defence and health(tank/fire).

Water/Aqua

This subclass mainly focuses on hunger mana and spell damage. It is the sorcerer/water subclass and it mainly focuses on spell attacks, it benefits spells in general, we don't know if it benefits them with damage, mana consumption, time allocated to the spell per use; many possibilities for benefits. Basic attacks sound like they will be nerfed for this subclass in favour of the high spell damage. The will also heal spell benefit from this, that means it gains positive boosts with the aqua subclass.

This subclass has no announced debuffs, but it may have decreased basic attack damage for its very potent spell efficiency. All mages should aim for this subclass/element first; your spells are very mana hungry and it's good to have decreased mana usage plus increased potency for spells, this means your heal will heal more and your meteor will hurt more(Ouch).

Thunder/Bronte

This subclass mainly focuses on attack speed and possible double damage. It has the ability to hit enemies twice as fast and twice as hard, this is very useful for crowd clearing and will be very needed when cornered. The double damage given from this class is very sporadic and inconsistent but still useful.

This subclass/element seems to be the only one that has no debuffs, but it isn't a skill that you can choose with skill points, yep, you have to have thunder weapons and armour to use this subclass. I have no recommendations on how to use this subclass, but I do have suggestions on what to use it with. You should have this with brute/earth(or tank/fire if you're feeling lucky) since the outcome would be very high damage.

Fire/Ignis

This is the final subclass and it mainly focuses on defence and health. This final subclass is the tank subclass and will have a major health and defence boost. The subclass has the highest tolerance to anything compared to the other ones, this will be very useful for tanking bosses with a party behind supporting you. This subclass also sacrifices movement and attack speed for it's two heavy buffs.

(Credits to @Frostburn for the description of the Elements)​

Multi-Elements means an item has the regular attack + a little bit of every element's damage. (For example "Infinity", This bow has Normal Damage, and +10 damage from all elements.)

Armor
    Armor works very similar. It also has Normal, Elements and Multi-elements. One of the main differences however is that you can find Multi-element armor with only 4 elements, or 3. Armor can have 0 to 5 Elements. Unique armor will likely only have 1-2 Elemental Defense, while Legendary armor likely has 4-5. (If the armor is an Elemental Armorpiece.)
    Another difference is that Normal won't have any defense, But just Health. Also, Not all Legendaries neccesarily have multiple elements. There are also "Normal" Legendary armor pieces, These often times have great Identifications.

Also, Be careful with picking the Armor that match your weapon! Some of the armor can have Identifications that lower your Spell Damage, for example. If you're going with a build that's very spell-heavy, you might not want to use that armor-piece.

Skill Points
    As of right now Skill points do 2 things. One is the old skill. (What it Always used to be.) And the other is that Skills are linked to Elements. This chart shows which Element is linked to which Skill.

-Strength = Extra damage % AND Earth Element
    -Dexterity = Critical hit % AND Thunder Element
    -Intelligence = Less mana usage AND Water Element
    -Agility = Dodge % AND Air Element
    -Defense = Less Damage taken AND Fire​

But what does this mean? or do?
    Well. If you have 50% Strength, And as we know, Strength is linked to Earth. If your weapon is of the Earth element, the Earth damage part of the weapon will do 50% more damage. Ontop of this you also get the 50% Extra Damage from having 50% worth of points in Strength. If your weapon has:
    Normal Damage: 100-200
    Earth Damage: 50-100
    It will now have:
    Normal Damage: 150-300
    Earth Damage: 112.5-225
    (Normal Damage gets the extra 50% Damage from just having Strength, this explain 100-200 > 150-300. As for the Earth, It gets 50% bonus from having 50% worth of damage in the Earth Element linked skill. That explains 50-100 > 75-150, Ontop of this you also get the raw extra damage, which turns 75-15 into 112.5-225.
    P.S. Your weapon won't show these new numbers! It will just be added to your damage output!)

Mobs
    Mobs are likely the easiest to understand in this thread. As you might have seen, most of Gavel's mobs have something below their name. Most mobs will show their Weakness and Strength below their name. This is marked by "Weak" and "Def".
    If the Thunder icon is next to Weak, it means that this mob is bad at defending against this, If you use a Thunder weapon against this mob, it will hurt extra. The opposite goes for Def.
    There's also Dam, which shows what type of Element that mob his attack is.
    (It only shows the Icon, not the name of the element. But a Pro-tip is that the Icon is the Element's Color. Thunder = Yellow, Air = White, Water = Blue, Earth = Green, Fire = Red)

That's about it!

If you have any questions, Fire ahead.

(Yet again, I'm just a player, This is likely how it works, But I dont have the gamecode to confirm it.)

Have Fun experimenting with the Elements :D
    ~Cubae

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  2. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Sticky this shit yo

3. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would like Salted to reply, Just to tell me if it's right or not..
    I'm fairly sure this is how it works.. But I don't want to have a guide that isn't 100% correct ya know.

Rawb and Salted like this.
  4. Submonsterine

Submonsterine Dur

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very nice guide, though I would suggest you proofread it. There are lots of grammatical errors.

(Also, you put a "not" in the Skill Point section when talking about its relation to elements. Might want to fix.)

5. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Doing that Rn, I Always post and then read through it, since it's way easier to read in it's posted state imo.

Rawb and Submonsterine like this.
  6. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Apparently posts like these get absolutely burried under all the Gavel related spam, lol. After 6 hours, It's on page 6.

7. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    You should also add that your skills have elements in them, look on classes at https://wynncraft.com/help . You can see each skill has its own element, so the way you build your character also determines which skills are more powerful.

EDIT: Skils meaning arrow bomb, vanish, multihit etc.

8. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    What are the slots that are on weapons and armor? (Ex. [0/2] Slots, [0/3] Slots)

9. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is for the Powders which will be released in an Upcoming update.
    In this update, Powders and the Storyline will be brought out.

10. MrExzibit

MrExzibit Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Really helpful thanks for the time writing all that!

11. GoldenDuck

GoldenDuck Quack, quack, quack VIP+

Minecraft:
    I have been wondering about this for some time now. This is a great guide but I have a few questions about damage output:
    Screen Shot 2015-12-22 at 8.29.19 PM.png
    If you have the 8 strength required for this does that mean that you do 3-7 damage or is that only against mobs that are strong against earth? If the 3-7 is for when you have 8 or more strength then there is no point in having the strength. This is really confusing for me (I hope I'm not thinking about this the wrong way). Also, if you do need the 8 strength to use the weapon, then when do you do the earth damage? I also noticed that on some weapons the elemental damage is MUCH higher than the neutral damage so sometimes it's a benefit.

12. xBurrito

xBurrito Burrito for adoption. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My smoke bomb does air and earth damage but my normal Attack does neutral dmg ?????

13. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright, First of all, you NEED 8 strength to even use the weapon.
    At this point, you have 8 Strength, which is something like 5% extra damage.
    You deal 7-13 + the 5% Extra damage from having strength AND 3-7 + 5% Damage because you have points in the Earth skill and +5% because you have 5% worth of points in the Strength skill.

You deal
    7.35-13.65
    AND
    3.31-7.72
    You deal BOTH at thesame time. IF your enemy is weak against Earth, you deal thesame amount of normal damage, but extra earth damage. If the enemy is strong against Earth damage, you still deal 7.35-13.65 damage, but a little less Earth damage. Probably like 1.5-3.
    (These '3.31' will probably become 3, and the 7.72 is likely 8.)

P.S. Blizzardgale, I haven't updated my post with what you stated yet since I haven't had the time to experiment with that. I don't fully know which spells do which element and how much the damage is etc.

GoldenDuck likes this.
  14. xBurrito

xBurrito Burrito for adoption. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Right now I'm using Bob's dagger so it's all neutral dmg

15. ThrowingChildren

ThrowingChildren Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do weapons have the elemental stuff or the class skills?

16. Troll4ever31

Troll4ever31 Designed to be a moron.

I always thought that the weak thing showed it's elemental weakness, and the defence is what it's strong agianst.

(with your logic, it wouldn't make much sense if a blaze is weak to fire for example.)

17. HelioPlayz

HelioPlayz Travelled Adventurer

Guild:
    Elements have counters to one another, for example a Earth/Thunder build will not be as effective as a Earth/Fire Build Because:
    If you have Earth armour, it generally decreases thunder defence and damage, while increasing earth's defence and damage. Whereas Earth doesn't usually cancel out fire.

With 2 elements cancelling each other out, that build becomes less effective.
    Armour with high elemental resistance/weakness can be found in the Hive ;)

Good guide though :D

Cubie likes this.
  18. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh, apparently I messed up there.

19. GoldenDuck

GoldenDuck Quack, quack, quack VIP+

Minecraft:
    So you always do the base damage and if the enemy is weak to earth you add all of the earth damage, if it's strong against earth you add none, and if it's normal with earth damage you add half? Or something along those lines?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  20. Cubie

Cubie VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You always do both damages.
    If normal you add 100%, less if the enemy is strong against is and more if the enemy is weak against it.

GoldenDuck likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.