Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Double Xp For Vip Feedback!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Dec 4, 2015.

?

What should we do?

1. Bring back double XP for VIPs

2. Bring back double XP for VIPs but reduce the XP bonus

3. Make it so VIPs receive a pet allowing them to share the double XP with players nearby

4. Don't bring back double XP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheesePrince13

CheesePrince13 Eternally Inactive HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If possible, why not make the sheep's visibility toggle-able? That way people may see they are getting extra experience, but it could potentially take them a while to figure out who has the sheep instead of being able to just spot the sheep and/or sheep owner right away. I realize this suggestion has its own flaws involved and I am not implying it is the perfect solution; it is merely something that came to mind while reading this thread and the ongoing debates occurring here.

2. Copper

Copper I like cake.

Minecraft:
    Oh, phew. Thought we'd end up having players riding golden sheep to battle.
    Sally forth, sheep army!
    *baaaaaaa*

Submonsterine and Cubie like this.
  3. ShootingStar01

ShootingStar01 "I Wanna Go Back" -David Dunn VIP

Minecraft:
    SHEEP. YES.
    Pls I want a sheepy. :)

4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    As some people have said, the golden sheep would be a beacon that will have people intrude on your grinding spot, it would also have non-VIPs beg VIPs to use a golden sheep a lot

Suggestion 1: While the player who uses a golden sheep gets a 1.5/2x XP bonus, any non-VIPs in the radius only get a 1.25/1.5x XP bonus, any other VIPs still get 1.25/1.5x XP boost (Unless they have their own sheep out), the radius itself should probably be 10-20 blocks

Suggestion 2: You could make the sheep similar to Hypixel's network boosters, once you have the sheep out, you can have it out for 2-4 hours, you and other players could see the remaining time by giving the sheep a "health bar" of sorts

Once the time expires, the sheep cannot be used for 24 hours (a "daily reward" for VIPs of sorts), the time limit can be paused of course
    (EXAMPLE: A sheep has 2 hours 9 minutes left, the sheep's owner despawns it, goes to another area/server, and respawns it, it'll still have 2 hours 9 minutes left)

If you find the time-limit thing annoying, I understand, I'm just throwing some ideas out

As for VIP+, it could just be able to have the sheep out for 4-6 hours or have a 2.5/3x xp bonus while giving nearby players 1.5/2x XP bonus

5. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    Best would be the pet but with a few changes:

For owner:
    base +50%
    +15% per player within 30 blocks up to +120% total

For others:
    +25% of VIP's bonus (must be within 30 blocks. Calculated upon best available VIP).

Example:

Admintest1, Wynncraft Moderator and I are grinding together. They are within 30 blocks of me.
    I get 25% (base) + 15% (from Admintest1) + 15% (from Wynncraft Moderator) = +80% XP.
    Admintest1 and Wynncraft Moderator each get 80% * 0.25 = +20% XP.

This would encourage grinding together, especially if there is an XP bomb and everyone wants to grind at ToL or something.

6. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh no, not Admintest1!!! :O

7. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
    The Golden Sheep shouldn't be a rank-only thing, it should just be a more expensive pet.

8. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No it needs to be more exclusive than that. The goal here is to get people to buy VIP.

P.S. This poll is a little biased because a lot of VIPs want what will benefit themselves the most, and of course the Non-VIP players want XP without having to buy VIP. Either way the sheep is a great idea though.

9. Jacoblouis

Jacoblouis Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I really like the idea of the "Golden Sheep" giving near by players XP. it makes team based playing better than being on your own. and maybe if 2 VIPS were near by the effects could stack?

10. Icy

Icy Returning Player CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You know what, I am doing my last post on this thread...
    I will leave you to think about this.
    Because a burglar needs money he should rob a bank?
    That is what we are doing here just because we may be
    able to get away with breaking a law doesn't mean we should.
    I remember when I was proud of us for sticking with the rules
    and not doing the illegal for a cheap buck but if that is what you want
    then fine let this become a pay to win server and let the scumbrains
    who never do any work flood in and let the community crumble and the
    purpose of the hard work in wynncraft to get a max level be destroyed.
    -Bearington *Drops the mic*
    @Grian
    @Salted

11. Francis12qwasyx

Francis12qwasyx Hacker Extraordinaire VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As for the double xp coming back:

- I am not a big fan of having a much easier play-through by simply paying money. Also, i think as it is it is easy enough to level up without the need of extra xp bonuses for paying. Just for fun i decided to have my hunter not kill any mobs (except for those that were necessary to kill for quest completion or to stop myself from dying) and level up only by using the xp bonus on the armour i could wore and from quest experience. Sure, i had to do every single quest, but i still got o level 47 before i had used up all my quests. Considering i didn't buy any special armour but only used what i had left from my other classes, and due to me not killing any mobs i had trouble getting items each time i leveled up i recon that is quite a lot for not grinding at all. Also considering more quests will be added and the next quest from 47 at the time was at level 49... i don't really see the need for an xp boost.
    - Going with the ideas that were given as possibilities for the xp bonus to come back (except for just not bringing it back), the sheep does sound like a good idea. However there are a lot of VIPs around already, and if the radius of this sheep effect would be as large as stated (50 blocks) i don't see the incentive for people to purchase any new VIP, seeing that most grinding spots would constantly have a sheep boost already. So, while the idea would help spread the VIP perk to non-Vips i don't think it would be a great help to Wynnfinance.

As for the attacking pets/pets with boosts etc:

- Auto Grinding? Basically the first thing that came into mind when i read that. I assume there are ways to get around that. Otherwise, as long as the damage of the pet is scaled to the weapon properly and it isn't too overpowered i guess it would be alright
    - However, for boost pets as well as attacking pets. A while ago I made a suggestion about how owning a guild territory would give you a basic boost in game while in this territory (such as speed etc.) and there was plenty of complaints how it would be too abusable, way too overpowered and would "make being in a guild required and not optional". I can understand why people would think so and therefore have the same concerns about these pets. Still, i guess a "required and not optional" donation wouldn't be bad for Wynnfinance :D

As someone who doesnt pay for in game currency or perks for any games out of principle (i just really dont have the money) i cant really judge what perks will make more people donate to get them, or what cosmetic additions will make people want to pay for them, but I can understand that if what is currently not working as a donation system (or at least not working well enough) needs something else to grab the possible donators attention - and their money. And so i guess that if it helps wynn survive and people seem generally ok with VIPs being more obviously superior to non-VIPs then perk away!

12. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

If you stop to think about the upcoming gavel update... They might be thinking of this because when the update comes out the increase of players and thus servers are most likely going to be at an all time high and with them breaking even as is, there's no way they could afford to have more servers and at the same time try to have less lag than they do now.

Also your bank comment is silly. Their not going to steal our money, were going to give it to them. There's a big difference there.

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  13. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    THANK THE LORD

Edit: maybe VIP+'s could have a different color sheep? Or maybe a completely different pet

14. Grian

Grian Map designer, Content MD & Wynncraft founder Media GM Builder

Creator Karma:
    If you want to be like that, we technically break the eula on several occasions.

*picks up the mic and gives it back*

Please don't get all eula-quotey on us. We know what we're doing.

15. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    If you could clarify... Is the EULA still even a thing anymore? Or is it and they just don't really enforce it

16. Zytabyte

Zytabyte That One Math Nerd HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Seeing as how EULA is not really enforced at all, I don't see why Double XP couldn't return in some form. The golden sheep option seems like the most fair choice out of all of them, and attack pets being pickups being the other. Also, Hypixel and Mineplex don't necessarily follow the EULA guidelines anyway. Nor does any server at this point, really. I'd love to see a return of this feature, as it was probably the main reason people donated (Myself included, but I also saw potential in Wynncraft at the time, so I wanted to support you guys. =3).

bobbob9830 likes this.
  17. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    EULA is like a big scary robot to scare everyone, but its never actually used.

CheesePrince13 and bobbob9830 like this.
  18. bobbob9830

bobbob9830 Hi

Guild:
    Best description I've gotten of it yet :P

CheesePrince13 likes this.
  19. Rane022

Rane022 Computer Crazy

I honestly would probably donate a lot if prices were lower. As they are now, I feel like their not worth it. I would buy 300 gold coins for $2.50 once or twice a month(maybe more) but I'll never buy 330 for $15. Except when they had the sale and I forced myself to buy 330 anyways even though I shouldn't have(my only purchase on the server ever and probably my last).

20. Piplupluv

Piplupluv Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    The sheep just seems like the best option to me as it is kinda an AOE thing that also helps people within range of it. Although, I can see this leading to begging of VIPs from normal players so, maybe, the sheep can be limited to a 1 time a day thing and when spawned lasts server-wide for longer than the normal XP bombs do (like 2 or 3 hours). This would be so it's still special, but, being a 1-time every 24 hours thing makes it not abuse-able.

However, the pets attacking thing, I can see that being an issue (unless they can't help during PvP with other players). I dunno how pets work exactly atm as I am not a donor but, maybe, the pets could act like a 2nd inventory? Even if it's just another 5 slots or something it kinda makes sense as it's kinda like your pet has saddle bags . Or, you know how you kill something as a class that cannot reach the monster's loot? You can have your pet go fetch it off/out of the inaccessible area.

Another issue with the pets attacking is that the pet of someone could, technically, kill steal from someone else who is grinding but using their pet.

Those are just some of my thoughts on the matter^^

Cruuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.