Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How You Discovered Minecraft!

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Ninjazzzzzz, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtomicMan3

AtomicMan3 Travelled Adventurer

i know mine do

2. DarkSamus9000

DarkSamus9000 What do I put here? VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well, I'd heard of the game back in 2013 from someone in another game I was playing. I'd never met him, and he explained Minecraft as "an awesome game". I was reluctant to check it out.

Well, later when I was bored I YouTube'd it anyway. The first two channels that came up were SkyDoesMinecraft and Stampylongnose. I checked out Sky's channel and was immediately driven away from the game.

Well, what do you know - like everyone else, a friend finally told me about the game. He showed me some of stampylongnose's early videos in his lovely world, where he was playing minecraft for the first time. We were both hooked.

And so after a few days of watching his videos we downloaded the demo. The demo days consisted of sand houses, cave houses, dirt houses, and exploding houses. During the demo I acquired my taste for mining.

Later we bought the game and ever since I've been playing in the same survival world, expanding my town and playing with my friends. I went through a couple phases where I enjoyed playing Mineplex minigames and of course Wynncraft, but aside from that I played and still play vanilla survival.

@Ninjazzzzzz here's scrub.

3. ExpiredBL

ExpiredBL The Bombing Ninja HERO

Minecraft:
    I remember someone showed me it in October 2010 when i was on holiday, I begged my parents to get it for me and they eventually did, I remember watching the Shadow of Israphel series by the Yogscast, as well as the Original and 2nd season of Modded Minecraft from Batclone (god that takes me back)...

I found servers, got banned on a few by abusive mods (and some legit reasons, but that was years ago XD), but one stuck, dead now, it was a prison server, one of the first servers I played on actually, its community was nice, and I made a lot of friends, some that now play games with me in general. But i remember seeing Wynncraft and thinking OMG a working Minecraft RPG! I joined ASAP and met people like MrSebbelonien and MiladySteampunk as well as other people. Even though Wynn is one of my favorite servers, I love to find the new ones and see how the game is changing in other aspects.

Minecraft has given me lots of companions and also lots of trouble (sometimes) but I still love this game.

4. Valinity_

Valinity_ Travelled Adventurer

I remember watching lots of youtube videos back then and stumbling upon a video called..."[FUNNY] Worst Minecraft Moments Montage! by Whiteboy7thst" and I watched it, it was pretty funny and I thought all of Minecraft would be like that. So then I got Minecraft PE first and LOVED it. I eventually introduced my aunt to it. We played for about a year and then I finally asked my dad to get it on the computer. SPECIFICALLY ON NOVEMBER 9, 2012! XD

5. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    April 21st, 2010
    A friend had suggested Minecraft to me; I had been playing a few other games at the time and he didn't really explain what it was like. But he eventually showed me a picture of an Enderman. I saw the photo and was like "Ugh, one of those old squarey games." But I decided to try check it out anyways. In a matter of days I was hooked.
    Over 5 years later, this is still one of my most favorite games.

A little over a year ago, I found Wynncraft from a friend, Shmushmu, whose skin (shameless self-advertisement) was made by me :p
    But anyways, he showed me a "cool RPG server" called Wynncraft and I was like "wats wincraft". So he showed it to me. He was a level 24 Mage and was just dropping Meteors on pigmen, but I found it very interesting and watched him walk out of the Ravines and into Pig Valley (This was before 1.12, back when there was no time valley and just an empty plain with a shitload of rivers). He let me play a little, and I got his Archer to lose all his soulpoints by trying to get into Nemract (Back when it was surrounded by level 17 zombies) I played it myself after that, with some nooby moments ("Level 18!? I'll never get that high!"), but now I completely outstripped Shmushmu, who pretty much gained 1 level over a year while I gained around 100 :3

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. scallysche

scallysche Imperial Wine Drinking Alien Mum VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I got to the let's play scene when I searched for a TLoZ-Oracle of Ages walkthrough and discovered the german youtuber named Gronkh. at the time he did a hilarious mocking let's play of a trivial childrens horse game and he also uploaded a singleplayer let's play of minecraft (I think he is the youtuber with the most minecraft episodes, about 1,6k so far) and because of his calming voice and his style of playing mc i got hooked.

7. icebreaker

icebreaker Retired YouTuber & Full Stack Web Developer Media HERO

Minecraft:
    my bro watched and still watching a lot of youtube videos as someday ....he passed by a minecraft video.....he saw that u can build any thing and create any content in game...like 'football in minecraft' or anything else...(command blocks ....lol) and i wasnt interesed in game...but after weeks some friend in class ....he didnt have minecraft account but he knows the game well...he told him that the game is so funny and enjoyable...i listened to him and watched servers gameplay in youtube ....and eventually i loved the game...
    but i live in tunisia ...north of africa...i cant purshase the game...so i played the cracked boring version.....anyways...i played another gane called castle clash...lol the popular game....i met many friends in the guild and i met a german guy named yannick ...and someday i write in the 'line'( an app like facebook for conversations and things...we had a guild chat room there) i asked if anyone can help me get a minecraft account ...yannick said that he no longer plays it and gave me his account forever... :)..my bro still UNTIL TODAY without an account but i have one now ....then i joined wynncraft ....knew it from antvenom youtube video...and i played it ....loved it of course...STORY OF MY LIFE LOL

8. Suit Trooper

Suit Trooper Under The Stairs Dweller

My mate rammed the fact down my throat that i didn't own the PC version... So i cracked, Bought it and then played on it for hours on end... I think back on it now... I still have a really really crap name that i'm too scared to change due to tekkit...

9. Luigi McDingle

Luigi McDingle Giver of Cookies VIP

Minecraft:
    It was one of two things for me, don't remember which came first.

1. I wanted to listen to British people talk, so I looked up British on YouTube and, besides a bunch of videos of people trying to get the Queen's Guards to laugh, TheDiamondMinecart's mod reviews came up and I got addicted to them.

2. I was binge-watching Game Theory on YouTube for a while, and the video of them trying to figure out what makes Creepers explode came up.

Well... Those are besides the obvious answer of seeing Creepers on random websites and looking them up trying to figure out why they look like big green dicks.

10. Friendly_man

Friendly_man Cheerios

THE YOGSCAST!
    I put way too much effort into this

Couch and DarkSamus9000 like this.
  11. Zuikaku_

Zuikaku_ tired college student VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this glorious series

12. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was going over to my friend's house and he was playing something on a computer.
    I looked at it, and was instantly hooked.
    When I got home, I begged my parents to get me Minecraft.
    They finally caved 6 months later, with the agreement that "You can only play in Peaceful Mode."
    I was fine with that, and built a ton of derpy houses.
    Soon after, I showed it to my dad. He was also instantly hooked. :P
    We played on LAN worlds for a while, but then one day I saw him playing on a Singleplayer world.
    And wait... was that a zombie?
    I asked him to let me play; he said yes, then we did that for a while.
    One day I accidentally clicked the Multiplayer setting.
    The next time I went over to my friend's house I asked him what that was about.
    He said that it was for playing on a "server".
    Then he gave me the IP of a server, however I forget the ip address.
    About a year later I moved to California. I made a few new m8s(hand getting tired so expect bad format soon), and one of them was into Minecraft.
    he gave me the ip for wynncraft... and here I an.

13. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    My friend showed me the game site called ROBLOX. Later I got in an argument with some kids on what is better Roblox, or the game they played, Minecraft. Eventually I tried MC, and what do you know, i'm hooked!

14. Luigi McDingle

Luigi McDingle Giver of Cookies VIP

Minecraft:
    That's the stupidest video game agreement I have ever heard.

15. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Totally agreed

16. DanMetroArnold

DanMetroArnold DMA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I started finding out about it when pocket edition came out and I learned how much better the PC version was so I got Minecraft back when 1.6 was the latest update and left it alone for a while. I then got back into it when 1.8 came out and I've been here ever since then.

17. mizzkissy

mizzkissy De enige echte! HERO

Minecraft:
    I watched Minecraft YT vids april 2013 from two Dutch youtubers. When they started livestreaming MC I wanted to join their game too. So august 31 2013 I finally bought a MC account :) Minecraft 1.6 was out (horsessss :D)

18. xBananaGamer96X

xBananaGamer96X Travelled Adventurer

I think that I first discovered Minecraft after my friend couldn't stop playing it when I was at his house. (now i can't stop playing it)

19. Pfefferpotthast

Pfefferpotthast Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I watched this:

20. PiplupPlays

PiplupPlays Well-Known Adventurer

I was watching random videos back when like 1.2 was just released and I was like "O boi" and I got the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.