Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Possible Gavel Issue

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by BlahBlah161616, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlahBlah161616

BlahBlah161616 Light Theme User

Guild:
    Today I saw a confusing comment, stating that everything will change in Gavel. So I want to ask, will all our classes completely reset to level one when gavel is released? Will our identifications disappear?

2. Edam_Cheese

Edam_Cheese The Cheesiest of them All

Minecraft:
    No. No. Definitely not. Well maybe.

Our classes will not be automatically reset. I'm 99% sure of that. Otherwise they would have warned us and anyway Gavel's level 40+, a reset would just be silly.
    Identifications, I'm not so sure. There's lots of new item features in Gavel, like new qualifiers for using weapons, new element system and new element ID's. They could force update every weapon and armor piece in the game, but it's unlikely or impossible, as they would have done something similar with the old emeralds. I think they'll leave us with the old items, but have all the new one's available in Gavel. I have no idea if Wynn mobs will drop new or old weapons.

Which post were you looking at, it sounds like they could do with a bit of clarification.

3. Bank

Bank Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Your items will automatically convert to the new item system

Edam_Cheese, Thunder and Icy like this.
  4. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your classes will not be forced to reset, unless the plan has changed. So most likely, when the release hits, you'll be ready to jump straight into Gavel (you know, if you have a boat)

5. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    'banks, you had better not be trolling!! No, wait. We're going to lose everything that we have automatically and it will be "upgraded"? That had better be a troll! What if the system crashes part way through and empties out my inventory? What if it gives me all of the wrong items, and they're all lower class? What if? IF? If? if? . . ..

6. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    That's for assassins I'm escape spelling across the ocean. It's faster to same speed, and costs less.
    ...I hope they do this after kicking everybody and removing lag...and then do it slowly, I don't want my items to be lost in some coding process...in which case would mean we would have to blame Jumla. Not saying I don't blame Jumla for every downtime the server has ever had, but I'm hoping this doesn't happen.

7. Air_Locke_

Air_Locke_ im a water bottle HERO

Minecraft:
    a real problem would be that new players realize they cant get to gavel until level 40

8. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    That's not a problem, that's called controlled enterence.

9. Air_Locke_

Air_Locke_ im a water bottle HERO

Minecraft:
    wut if they complain 'OMG WHY CANT WE GET IN WERE NOT LEVEL 40?!?!?!?!?!' on the forums

10. BlahBlah161616

Guild:
    Then we tell them they're wasting time they could be leveling up to get to Gavel

11. Mettymagic

Mettymagic she/her HERO

Minecraft:
    rip my endgame hopes and dreams
    please put an undertale reference here

12. Cornrolls

Cornrolls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Classes will not be reset unless you choose to do so

13. Lesliep

Lesliep Lazy Wynn Mage

Minecraft:
    I see that you get a lot of alerts, but this has really been bothering me, and I haven't been able to find an answer.

With gavel's release, all items are being updated. But, are all IDs being reset? You know, due to balance tweaks, new IDs, etc? And if so, will we be refunded?
    Ik I'm not the only one here who's spent a lot on IDing for really strong endgame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.