Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

If You Were The Head Programmer Of Minecraft

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by ultirekt, Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultirekt

ultirekt Insane and is somehow addicted to Wynncraft VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what would you do if you were the head programmer of minecraft and could add ANYTHING you wanted in it what would it do and what would it be

2. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'd figure out how to program.

Noobgalaxies, mothwolf, Rawb and 10 others like this.
  3. Frostburn

Frostburn Famous Adventurer

I'd listen to the community and not rip off from the community without giving credit. Like seriously..1.9's broken with the new combat system and has ideas stolen from Hardcore Ender Expansion.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  4. Hiryu

Hiryu not so lazy artist VIP

Minecraft:
    I would create a new update that says "True Magic"

I will add in Mage stuff, Magic and much more :P

5. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd title 1.10 "The Dragon Update", I'm sure you can figure out what I'd program in. (Dinnerbone or Jeb (I forget which one) stated they had a "Master Plan" regarding the Dragon Egg and Endermites; the Egg HAS to have a use right? As well as this, they said they may add the "Red Dragons" they talked about a while back sometime in the future.)

6. 9314265068

9314265068 Bunch of Numbers

I'd add in a proper tutorial and crafting guide to the game so new people can actually know what to do without blundering around until they die. Something that Mojang should've added a long time ago. The wiki helps but unless you actually know how to get there, have an online connection and don't mind spoilers, it's not going to help much.

There would be alot more I would want to change, but that's the top of the list.

7. kenan89

kenan89 A ghost basicly.

I'd add bigger effects to magic, I would love to see when meteor hits the ground that the ground like, gets a short shockwave of fire or some blocks shake in a way, would be sick.

I'd also add different ways to use magic, like, what if Meteor had a chance of being upgraded to either send a shockwave that launches mobs away or into the sky, or if meteor sent a shockwave of fire around it, lighting mobs on fire? Would be so sick

Francis12qwasyx likes this.
  8. Ninjazzzzzz

Ninjazzzzzz Certified Sacrificer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There actually used to be a tutorial button, but it was always unclickable. It was removed in like 1.8 or something, probably earlier.

Ascended Kitten likes this.
  9. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eeehhhh... I like trying to figure everything out myself. It gives you even more immersion, as in real life you wouldn't instantly know that it would take three bits of string and a couple sticks to make a bow when you've never seen a bow yet.

10. 9314265068

9314265068 Bunch of Numbers

Get back to me when you've figured out how to make a piston, an enchanting table, a fire charge, a map and a redstone comparitor just by figuring it out yourself (no wiki or help or anything). Billions of combinations await you!

The crafting guide that I would like to add would only show you what you can make from what you have, an example is if you have 3 sticks but only 2 string, it still doesn't show you a bow. Only when you get 3 sticks and 3 string will it reveal itself.

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  11. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
    Minecraft 2.0 - The Ultimate Update

I would:
    • Make potions stack
    • Make filled buckets stack
    • Add sapphires
    • Re-add rubies
    • Add Pigmen
    • Add many more mobs and bosses
    • Add more ores and weaponry and armor
    • Re-add the Quiver
    • Add about 10 more commands
    • etc.

12. vaticc0de

vaticc0de what is life

wait wait wait, re add rubies??? Since when were there rubies???? Anyway I would make minecraft maybe have a system like rust with the items of h1z1 and make zombies look a bit more realistic. But then again it wouldn't be rated E then would it?

13. kenan89

kenan89 A ghost basicly.

Back when currency for Villagers were planned/added, the emeralds were rubies instead of emeralds, the change happened because people could confuse the ruby ore with redstone and vice versa I suppose.

14. TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer dead

Minecraft:
    They changed it to emeralds because Dinnerbone was red-green colorblind.

There's a fun fact.

15. kenan89

kenan89 A ghost basicly.

I really want a source on that bud

16. Katie Inuyochi

Katie Inuyochi Inyochi fwm

backpacks are needed

17. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'd add instant death when you get stuck in a wall.

18. SolidStrafe

SolidStrafe Explorer from a distant land

Guild:
    I would make Wynncraft the top server and give myself owner on all servers.

19. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I change the way 1.9 is made. I'd listen to the community, insted af adding what I think is better. Just like in 1.8- after some command blocks additions, the developers asked what they want in the next update. The most requested features were survival features, so they added an ocean monument, 2 additional coockable meat types, and other useful survival features.

In 1.9, the developers did what THEY thought was for the best. A lot of people didn't like the new combat system. 1.9 is known to be one of the most hated updates in Minecraft history.
    I know that I St of the features in 1.9 weren't requested features from the community.

Nowadays, you can't really say that you don't like 1.9, and not get hated.
    And I don't want this to happen. I don't like the new combat system, and if you're gonna hate me for that, think about how your hate is not gonna change the way I think. If I say I don't like it, it means I don't say that you shouldn't like it, or you should gate it. I'll respect you even if your opinions are different then mins.

So it's pretty much pointless hate on opinions, whiched caused by the developers not listening to the community.

20. Inactive666

Inactive666 Guest

I'd change the two player models to have a backpack because it doesn't make sense for them to carry over a 1housand items without one. Oh and I'd rewrite everything to C++, it would be pointless now that we have the Win10 edition though

If I did rewrite the code anyways, the versions would be able to handle a crazy amount of lag and 3D models, so now we could use nicer looking 3D models without having to face lag everytime!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.