Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Is Wynncraft Losing It's Fanbase Because Of The Wait For Gavel?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by tasaid, Oct 30, 2015.

?

Do you Agree?

1. Yes

87 vote(s)
    79.1%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    20.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyrz

Zephyrz Travelled Adventurer

It's okay children just gather round the hype candle. Squeeze together now there's not much hype left.
    Dont cry children. Gavel is almost here, we only have to wait till wynnter 2020. Itll be here soooon.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Ha_Ha_Redstone and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  2. dragonhunter9000

dragonhunter9000 Well-Known Adventurer

to be honest i have quit wynn for a while in hope for gavel to be out when i come back but..... after quitting for 2.8+ months and coming back gavel is still not out and alot less people where on the server sooooo yeah i think what they did wrong is they announced gavel WAYYYYY 2 soon and the hype started and then it died out and then people lost interest :/ and looks like gavel is not coming until maybe late November i am guessing and to be honest i completely lost all the hype for gavel :/ but the normal quests are keeping me going

3. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The hype died out because people grew impatient of waiting, which is understandable, considering that Gavel was to be released in August and it's still not out today.

However, Gavel is a huge update, and the Wynncraft Content Team is doing an excellent job with it from what I saw in the Gavel Stream.

I can't wait! Just a little longer, and Gavel will finally be open to visitors!

4. tasaid

tasaid Well-Known Adventurer

yes, i understand. i am still hyped, i guess it is just starting to take too long, especially since it is october the 31st and it was supposed to come out in august

5. Crescent_Omega

Crescent_Omega Well-Known Adventurer

Guys, though the fanbase is dying there are a few sides to it. Some people will come back when Gavel comes out, Some people still play because why the heck not? Gavel is a time of refreshment for Wynncraft. I say that the people who are being impatient AND leaving because of it are the players that we do NOT need in Wynncraft. When Gavel comes out I expect it to ramp up the fanbase again with new and fresh players. This year has been a battle lost for some players but when Gavel comes out we will win the war of tomorrow! I am dedicated as hell! I wikl stick by the content team forever more!

6. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm kinda enjoying the sweet silence, with only the regulars and some others and such coming on the forums. When Gavel comes out the forums will be flooded with newbies and 'kool kids' and loads of spam, but still there will be plenty of new actually good people and this community will be even better. So yeah, I'm just looking on the other side and enjoying it for now.

NickMC96, Yuno F Gasai and Ziel like this.
  7. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Gavel's actually just an update for the armour skins?

8. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not even armor skins, we were at the pub near Grolan's home drinking swigs of beer these whole 2 years. We haven't even built the map yet.

9. Keeko100

Keeko100 static VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is by far the longest wait for any game update I have ever experienced. And we don't even have enough information to know if its going to add hundreds and hundreds of hours of playtime. For example, Terraria's largest updates (1.1, 1.2, and 1.3) are all stupendous. Each added a major, significant portion of the game that added for far more expansion. 1.1 added Hardmode, which added so much potential to the game it was insane. However, it did not deliver. 1.2 added this content by adding around 1,500 items! 1.3 polished up the game a lot and added the final boss.
    So will Gavel compare to these monsters of an update? I hope so. But I have definitely lost hype. I've been waiting only a year compared to others waiting several years, and since they've delayed the release several times now I think they should just say 'Hey, guys, we're really sorry. We won't aim for a release anymore.' Or something like that. Sure, they may want to have a goal time to complete it, but as of right now... they shouldn't reveal it. At this point I think it may come out summer of next year. That's what they said last year. And then in the summer, they said August. And then later. And later. And later...
    There comes a time, Grian, Salted, and Jumla, where hype becomes too drawn out, no matter how amazing or significant the update is. Sadly, I think Gavel might have ruined Wynncraft as a whole. I just hope it was worth the weight.

MikePants27 likes this.
  10. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    trump is dev confirm

11. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm in content team silly

Fangiii likes this.
  12. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    kek, didn't have the tag

13. Goati

Goati actually joeo HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm super hyped for Gavel xD
    I even convinced tons of my friends to play when it comes out :D

14. i eat bees

i eat bees i eat bees HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh do me a favor... All the staff members that sees this, Stop denying, You set your goals too high, Wynncraft fanbase is about to crash because of the fact that we are waiting for over 1 and a half years for it right now, From 1,000 peoples you are down to 300, Wynncraft is hard to understand and that's why you never get new players, Only losing, Only after Gavel will come out the old members will come and peoples would actually join Wynn without leaving, I bet that in 2 months this 300 players would become 200, I know that the content team is working really hard and I am thankful, But I think that 1 small update per month and a game with 2-3 glitches is better then 1 MASSIVE update per 2 years and a game full of glitches, Gavel is the butter on the bread, Before you rub the butter you need to make sure that the bread haven't expired and everyone has it, If you still can not understand why the fanbase is being destroyed, Then here is an easy way to show you:

2012 - "Gavel is coming soon" High hype level.
    2013 - "No information about Gavel" Hype is dead.
    2014 - "Gavel coming this summer" HYPEEE.
    "This summer" - "This august, Hopefully" Not so high hype.
    "This august" - "This fall" Hype is dead.

I am just becoming sick of waiting, I feel like I am going to waste my childhood waiting for Gavel, I have no goals in life and I litterly hate it, I got nothing in my life but Wynncraft and like everyone I messed up all of my characters and can't reset them, So about 4 months of me doing nothing and having "Afk parties" with Moderators in Detlas, Dern is something that only my child's childerns will see.

The only way Wynncraft can get more players is by old players inviting their friends and explaining the game to them step by step.

-Mutton

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Yoomoozoo, MonsterHunter621 and dfgh like this.
  15. ThrowingChildren

ThrowingChildren Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd rather wait than have glitches all over.

16. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    In 2012, There wasn't even a Gavel, and Wynncraft was still very, very early in development, I'm sure they started on Gavel in late 2013 or something

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  17. kingmike99

kingmike99 The Meteor

That is assuming that those YouTubers didnt lose interest in Wynncraft.

18. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When I reached level 65 in my main class (Ninja) I said to myself "I'll wait until gavel so I have more things to unlock". Since then, I've left my career as one of Wynn's heros and persued other jobs. I'm still patient for Gavel, but I don't play anymore as I don't want to get too high level, and I have nothing to really do. I'm still a large fan of Wynncraft, and not playing doesn't mean I'm not interested anymore. Everyone's simply spending their time elsewhere until G-Dog comes, then a lot of people will flood the servers once more.

Admittedly, the news about the august release I feel was the critical hit on Wynncrafts fanbase. Players who were too impatient or too bored couldn't take it, and abandoned the server. We can sometimes see these players on the forums, critisizing for this fact making threads such as "Why hasn't gavel come yet?" "I see devs have delayed gavel for another year" "When is gavel REALLY coming?" Etc. It created a lot of hype that it never fufilled, which was a heavy hit to players.

It's nice to see the regulars and the famous roaming the forums as they normally would, but it's clear since the reset the community is not as large as it once was.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  19. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not gonna lie, the player base is decreasing, more and more people keep giving up on Gavel. But really, I don't think the play erase decrease is as bad as everyone thinks. There are 600+ people on right now, and I've seen 900+ this month. I know that lots of people have left because of Gavel, but what's not to say that they'll come running back when Gavel does come out? And new players keep on joining every day, and even more will probably come when Gavel comes out. Yes, I know Gavel has taken ages, and that the last update came in June, and that Gavel has taken almost 2 years to make now, but really, why wouldn't it take this long. The Wynn provence took a year and a half to make, why shouldn't a 33% larger provence that drastically changes the game take a little bit longer? I'm sure that when Gavel comes out there will be over a thousand players on. While Wynncraft may seem like a ghost town for some people, Gavel's gonna change that. I for sure am going to come back and be active when Gavel comes out, and I'd be shocked if others don't.

20. Bank

Bank Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Except Gavel isn't the butter on the bread. It's tossing the old bread out and making a better, bigger new one from scratch and now we're adding the butter onto that.

Also I don't think Wynn is 'losing' it's fanbase because that implies they're not coming back, but I know for sure you bitches are gonna be the first ones online when that announcement comes!

Copper, Fangiii, NickMC96 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.