Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Dungeon Realms Vs Wynncraft!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Enderman1234, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The One-eyed Guy

The One-eyed Guy that guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. Got lost in Cyrennica
    2. Was hunted down by goblins in Jagged Rocks
    3. The Jagged Rocks aren´t jagged
    4. Maltai is a full PvP zone, so as well as fighting strong enemies, you fight strong players
    5. Seriously? Their wiki is bad.
    6. NO QUESTS
    7. It won´t load
    8. Even after it was fixed, it still won´t load

Soooooo yeah. That´s why I play wynncraft.

2. Enderman1234

Enderman1234 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    pretty much, cyrennica is REALLY poorly made. when i first played, i got lost for an HOUR

The One-eyed Guy likes this.
  3. Capa

Capa Game of Thrones/Asoiaf Mega-Nerd

Guild:
    They're almost completely different entities at this point.

2yoil, Bank and Enderman1234 like this.
  4. SeanWasTaken

SeanWasTaken Well-Known Adventurer

I played Dungeon Realms quite a bit a few years ago (before the whole minecade thing) and I 'd just like to add a few things:

-The two offer completely different playstyles. At least when I played it (apparently they added levels later, which sounds like a bad idea), progression in Dungeon Realms was based solely on how good your equipment was, while Wynncraft is more so focused on what level you are. Granted your equipment is still important in Wynncraft, but whether or not you can use it is completely dependent upon your level and class, so Wynncraft overall has a much more rigid structure to it. The appeal of Dungeon Realms is how unrestricted it is; unlike Wynncraft, where everything is determined by your class, your skill points, and most of all your level. For this reason, as well as the randomized stats on loot drops, quests in Dungeon Realms would be awkward. The rewards would be either be randomized to the point where it's basically a mob drop, or completely useless. Wynncraft, on the other hand, works much better with quests because they offer a concrete and consistent reward every time, in the form of levels and possibly a custom item. Aside from this, having no quests in Dungeon Realms compliments the free range feel it has rather nicely. Dungeon Realms is much more open world, while Wynncraft is more story-based and structured.

-I personally liked the PvP system in Dungeon Realms, it made high tiered places much more dangerous and challenging, and (in my opinion) added an extra level of excitement to the game. PvP in Wynncraft is much more like some sort of minigame you can do that doesn't have any actual effect on the main game.

-I also personally liked the map for dungeon realms better as well, both as a personal style choice (I think the builds and terrain looked better) and for the game play. High tiered areas were spread out over the map in Dungeon Realms, on Wynncraft if you're at endgame levels there's only a couple places to go, and you'll probably never see some areas like the mesa or desert just because they're too low leveled (gavel should help spread out endgame stuff though). As I mentioned earlier, Dungeon Realms is much more open world, explore at your own pace style, and their map compliments this well.

-You guys really seem to hate Cyrennica. It was a huge and confusing city, but I'm pretty sure there was an NPC who told you which way to exit, and it was a straight road in a cardinal direction away from where you spawn.

Overall, they're two very different games that appeal to different play styles. Obviously since we're talking on the Wynncraft forums we all probably like this better, but that doesn't mean Dungeon Realms is inherently worse. It depends on what kind of game you want to play, neither is inherently "superior" to the other.

5. Devourer

Devourer Lava Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    This.
    Wynn classes are just balanced. Seriously, everyone thought that mages were so unbalanced that they couldn't kill assassins easily? 360 ice snake, meteor strike (up to 10 meteors), done.

6. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    Sure, in pvp. I agree names are balanced. But in pve assassins are op (mages are still balanced). Assassins are the only class that can do 2000% with one spell, there is no arguments against that.

7. Corcustos

Corcustos It's what it's. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I actually argued against it at one point... Lmao.

In all seriousness I think that Wynncraft is more superior. For... reasons. Yep. My debate is so valid. Reasons.

8. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
  9. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    10/10 debate. What was your argument against assassins being not op?

10. Argagaes

Argagaes Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Dungeon realms simpler :(? I tried it once and couldn't figure out how to work... well... anything, so I just quit. + I find the talking npc's a bit spammy sometimes which is not something you want with a lot of players :P

11. SeanThomas2

SeanThomas2 Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i tried to play DR once before, got lost and broke the tutorial
    gg no re

Ha_Ha_Redstone and Bio like this.
  12. Corcustos

Minecraft:
    It was really, really, really, really.. well you get the point. I compared a few things, made a few sarcastic remarks. Definitely not my best work. One of the things I compared it to was the Archers being practically untouchable by any other class or melee mob if they use arrow shield and utilize escape correctly with good aiming inbetween. I also noted how the archer is the most ranged class, but also has the highest weapon damage. As long as you distance yourself the archer is untouchable in a practical sense. I also noted that the range of the Assassin multihit isn't that high at all. The Assassin actually has to get close enough to use it without dying. I tested each and every class myself and compared them side by side. It was actually a logical debate, I just kinda carried a few numbers wrongly in the math area. I can own my mistakes. I just hope the Assassin nerf doesn't make the class redundant.

Anyways... Yeah. Wynncraft is better than DungeonRealms. Enough said.

13. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    i can agree, but assassin have vanish sooo

14. Corcustos

Minecraft:
    plz no taek away mah vanish.

Assassin is also the most challenged when it comes to travel.. I wish I could "Vanish" over the ocean.. XD
    i cri evertiem

Ha_Ha_Redstone likes this.
  15. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    thats the only assassins weakness though

16. HaloNoobs_com

HaloNoobs_com THE ONE AND ONLY VIP

Minecraft:
    DR Harder, and Simpler... I guess you ran out of Pros and cons...

17. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    Not really, it can be a hard, but simple game. DR is A LOT more punishing

18. Taf

Taf Legendary Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    mage requires skill to use, assassin requires less skill but! if you actually manage to not multihit + vanish spam its more challenging, try it

19. Esfores

Esfores In and Out of Existence

Smoke Bomb/Spin Attack is better anyways, maybe leading into a Multihit and just using Vanish for mobility instead of sneaking

20. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Got on once, kept on glitching in the tutorial island.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.