Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide A Guide To Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Ziel, Sep 11, 2015.

?

Did This Help You?

1. Yes

78.7%
  2. No

8.5%
  3. Can Be Improved

12.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziel

Ziel Drifting far away HERO

Minecraft:
    So, What Is WYNNCRAFT?

Wynncraft is a Medieval-themed, magic filled fun Minecraft MMORPG!
    The IP Address:
    play.wynncraft.com

The server welcomes you with a friendly lobby, where you can access the Nether by clicking on the sign on top of the item frame with the skeleton skull, go onto the magnificent and fun parkour or go on a server. If you want to switch hubs, mainly because the servers sometimes restart or the nether signs glitch out, right click your clock to select out of three hub servers. Don't worry if you fall off the spawn. There are ladders leading back up, plus, you can explore the lobby. To get on a server, right click your compass. You should see some stained clay blocks with different colo(u)rs. Green means a small amount of lag, yellow means a medium amount of lag and red means very laggy. There on the bottom, you can find an emerald, and a stick. Click on the stick for our own, special minigame named "Wizards Fortress". Click on the emerald to switch back. Same clay block rules apply.

Great, So How Do I Start Playing WYNNCRAFT?

To access a server, simply click on a stained clay block in the GUI. You will be teleported to a black room, where a simple GUI will pop up, asking you what class do you want to play with. When you start, you can only play with the first three classes, Archer, Mage and Warrior. Do not worry, you will NOT lose items on your class if you switch to another class. There are reskinned classes for VIPs and VIP+s, ranging from the Hunter, the Knight, the Black Wizard and the Ninja. They are simply classes with special particle effects when you do spells. For example, the Hunter is actually an Archer with new particles, while the Knight is the Warrior. There is also a class named 'Assassin', which can only be accessed when you have 60 total levels to fit with the EULA. Select just one. Click on it. Voila! You're in the game! Just a warning, every time you die, you lose 2 soul points. Do not let it go to 0. If you are at 3 soul points, it is recommended you take a break, and wait for you soul points to regenerate. You even regenerate them when you're offline or on another Minecraft server, though it will take a little longer.

What Are The Commands?

There are several commands that you can use on your journey. I will list them here:

/party [create/<invite/join>/leave] <username> - You can create a party, join one, leave one or invite someone into yours with this command.
    /p [message] - Talk in party chat! Only members in your party will hear you.
    /friend [add/remove] [username] - Add friends or remove them! You will need them on your journey.
    /trade [username] - Trade with someone at a close distance! Can be replaced by Shift + Right Click.
    /duel [username] - Duel with someone at a close distance! Can be replaced by Shift + Left Click.
    /toggle [blood/music/autojoin/swears/insults] - Toggle something! If you toggle autojoin, you won't even need to choose a class before playing!
    /kill - [WARNING! DO NOT USE THIS ON FRIENDS! IT WILL NOT WORK!] Kills yourself. Useful in situations where you are stuck.
    /gc - Access the Gold Coin shop!
    /class - Switch classes!
    /help - Shows you the help page, with commands listed here.
    /fixquest - Gives you back any quest items you lost.

Help! I Got/Saw...

Scammed For A 'Quest Item' For A Quest That Does Not Exist - Report the player, remember to add in the screenshots.

Someone Hacking - Get a video recorder, post it on Youtube(and make it unlisted), then post a player report with the video embedded on it.

A (Vanilla/Duplicated) Item - Do not sell it. Destroy it. If someone sold you it, destroy it also. If you sell it, you can get banned.

An Old (Emerald/Item) - Go into 1.7 and trade, or go to the Emerald Converter in Selchar.

Someone Advertising - Take a screenshot and report the player.

I Need More Help With Quests!

Access the wiki here.
    Access the maps here.

I've Got Questions!

Register an account for the forums here.
    Post a question here.
    Frequently asked questions here.

I'm (New To/Don't Have) Minecraft...

Buy Minecraft here if you don't have it already!
    Worrying about controls? The primary controls in Minecraft that you use in Wynncraft are:

Left Click = Attack, Select Item Stack In Inventory or Archer & Hunter Spell Start
    Right Click = Spell Start, Drink Selected Potion, Talk To NPCs, Trade With NPCs, Use Scrolls, Put One From Stack In Slot In Inventory or Aim For Archer & Hunter
    Space Bar = Jump
    W = Fowards
    A = Left
    S = Backwards
    D = Right
    W + LControl = Sprint >>>> [Recommended To Change To W + R]
    T = Open Chat Window
    / = Open Command Window
    Esc = Open Main Menu
    1 - 9/Scroll = Select Hotbar Slot
    E = Open Inventory
    Q = Drop One Of Selected Item
    Shift = Sneak
    Shift + Left = Duel
    Shift + Right = Trade

I'm On A Hard Quest/Dungeon, Anybody Have A Party?

Post a request in the planning parlour here or look if anybody has a problem on the same quest/dungeon here.
    Do not necropost.

I Want To Be...

First, do NOT ask to be Moderator, Admin, Game Master or Builder. Do NOT ask for OP on the server. Do not try to trick us with PlanetMinecraft Reviewer stuff. We will NOT fall for it.
    To ask to be Moderator, Admin, Game Master or Builder will DECREASE your chance of getting it.

ADMIN
    Admins are the ones who built the server, who founded it, who helped more than anybody else could.
    They are, Tama, who created the forums and is still updating it, Grian, the head builder and content creation team manager, Salted, the head GM, HiMyNameIsAJ the 'Support Fairy', Crunkle and Jumla are the coders. Then there are RMB and Mazen, the network people.

Current Moderators pick out who they think should be the next ones. Do not try to get it, it will probably decrease your chances. Just be a good citizen.

GAME MASTER and BUILDER
    Apply on Dakota's website here!

MUSICIANS
    You cannot become the musician for the server. They are the ones who compose and create the wonderful music for Wynn.

What's 'Wizard's Fortress'?

Wizard's Fortress is a minigame that our lovely community created. It is a fast-paced game where your team has to capture the other teams flag and vice versa. There are Red and Blue. You can collect powerups such as gold armo(u)r and new wands. Right click to cast spells. They all have a cooldown time, so be careful.

What's The Nether For?

The Nether is normally a hellish place in Minecraft with netherrack and a lot of fire. In Wynncraft, the Nether is where players fight to the death in a big arena. Some commands are forbidden and some things don't work, for example, your horse. You risk getting hit into the lava or getting killed by other players. You do NOT lose soul points here. You respawn somewhere else, but the cent(re/er) where the portal is placed always houses the big battles. You can switch classes here, and if you get stuck, switch again. The kills you get here goes on the Nether leaderboard. Good luck!
    Also note that sometimes the signs in the lobby do not work. If that happens, you must access the nether from the portal at the Roots of Corruption, located here.

Item Identifications? Powders? Dungeons? Banks? What Are They?

Item Identifications are custom stats you can get for spending your emeralds at the different Identifying NPCs in the map. The Item list on the Wynncraft Home Page lets you search for a specific Equipment for its AVERAGE identifications. It means that the different values are all surrounding the ones listed on the Home Page. For the meaning of each identification value, click here.

Powders are dyes you can add to your equipment to enchant them. You combine them by putting them into your 2x2 crafting slot. You can only ever have one enchantment on an item. There are two tiers of powders. Tier I and Tier II. Darker colo(u)r means higher tier. There are three types of powders. They have different effects on your items. I'll list them here, with armo(u)r first and weapon second:

Red Powder:

Blast Protection
    Fire Aspect

Blue Powder:

Feather Falling
    Knockback

Green Powder:

Thorns
    Sharpness

----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----x----

Powders are drops from all monsters, but for tier 2, kill higher levelled monsters.
    If the same type of powders do not stack, relog or just do /class and select your class. If you don't really mind, no need.

Dungeons are a sort of a mini-mission that is put in a map with a roof always on top. There is a boss at the end of the dungeon, and boss fights are hard when you do not have good-enough equipment and skills.
    They reward you with riches and experience when you finish them.

Banks are places where you can trade emeralds for emerald blocks, and vice versa. You can also store items in your enderchest spaces that you can expand for the price of emeralds. Be careful to keep organised, or it will be very hard to find items.

You can access more information here, on the help section of the home page.

Teleportation Scrolls?! What Do They Do?

Teleportation scrolls are used as fast travel between major cities. Each use costs one soul point and takes the used scroll from your inventory. They do cost emeralds, but after the first quest, the king will give you one Ragni teleportation scroll. They prevent you from using one when you have only one soul point left. The following cities listed all have Scroll Merchants:

Ragni
    Detlas
    Nemract
    Almuj
    Nesaak
    Troms
    Selchar

The scrolls are needed in the quest 'The Tower Of Amnesia' but since it was nearly impossible to get into Troms at level 23, they removed it from the quest and lifted the required minimum level up to 25.
    There are some quests that will ENCOURAGE you to use scrolls as well, like 'Jungle Fever' and 'Bob's Lost Soul'.

I've Got A Suggestion!

Post your suggestions here. Be SPECIFIC! Remember to check unpopular suggestions and learn from their mistakes first!

BUG! I FOUND A BUG!

Do not panic. Make sure it is a bug.
    Report it here.

Guilds? Interesting...

Guilds are simply like parties, except that it does not get cancelled when every player logs off. You can apply for guilds that fits you the best.
    Guilds all can claim territory, and you can access the territorial map here.
    Guilds invade each others territor(y/ies) to gain land and support, and when that happens, members of the two guilds go into a special server for a 'guild war'. Make sure to buy mobs to protect your territory first or else your guild might lose! If you die, you will be teleported out and lose 2 soul points. The killed mobs however, will still be dead.
    If everybody in the guild is offline, the mobs you bought to defend will still fight. More information about how to get more mobs at the end of the section.
    To create a guild, first, level up to level 40, then, get at least 5 Liquified Emeralds and 3 Soul Points. The price may change from time.
    Then, get to Troms, which is a major city in the jungle. Find the Guild Master. Pay him the 5 LE and 3 Soul Points. Then, he will tell you what to do.
    There are also alliances where guilds join together to help each other. There are more to guilds, and I assure you, after joining one you will(probably) get the experience of teamwork too!
    These are the commands available once you join a guild:

/guild leaderboard - Shows you the global guild leaderboard. You can access it on the home page too.
    /guild list - Lists all members of your guild.
    /guild stats - Shows you your guild stats, which are available too on the website.
    /guild log - Shows you your guild logs, all of them.
    /guild xp [1-100] - The number defines how much percent of your experience points is to your guild.
    /g [message] - Talk in guild chat!
    /guild leave - Leave a guild, but it will cost 3 Soul Points.

If you are on a rank, then you may be able to use these:

/guild rank [player] [rank] - Promote or demote a player, if you are on the right rank.
    /guild invite [player] - Invite a player into your guild!
    /guild kick [player] - Kick someone from your guild.

If you get invited, you may do:

/guild join [Guild Prefix]
    or you may ignore it and continue playing normally.

There are several ranks for guilds. They are:

Owner <Full Power>
    Chief <Full Power, but cannot kick Owner. Can promote people up to Captain>
    Captain <1/2 Power, allowed to recruit and promote people up to Recruiter + start guild wars>
    Recruiter <No Power, Allowed to Recruit>
    Recruit <No Power>
    Your guild can only have 5 people when you start, but every level gained will let you recruit one more. Every territory you claim and is still in your hands will give your Guild Bank one emerald per minute. The more territories you have, the more your guild can advance. The higher your guild level is, and the more emeralds are in it, the more mobs types and amount you can buy to defend your guild territory while you are offline! Bob's Reincarnation is also available at a very late level.

VIP and VIP+? Cool!

So, looking to buy VIP and VIP+? Here are the features for each rank. Don't worry, if you get VIP+, you get VIP in it!

---------------->VIP -=-=-=-=-=- VIP+<---------------
    ->Farm Disguises -=-=-=-=-=- Undead Disguises<-
    ----->Creeper Pet -=-=-=-=-=- Silverfish Pet<-----
    >Knight & Hunter -=-=-=-=-=- Dark Wizard & Ninja<
    >Magical Particles -=-=-=-=-=- Mythical Particles<
    --->Costs $25 USD -=-=-=-=-=- Costs $50 USD<---

You can upgrade and buy it on our home page!

+ No lobby translucency. + Zombie Horse Cloak. + Dye Kits (R, G, B, Y). + Ride other players. + Notify nearby players of your login. + 2 Party & 1 Item Bomb. + 3 Global Shouts. + Green Name.
    + VIP reserved slots. + Attack animations (cloud, fire, sparks).
    + All VIP bonuses. + VIP+ reserved slots.
    + Skeleton Horse Cloak. + All available Dye Kits. + Ride your pets.
    + Slap & rocket in lobby. + 5 Party, 2 Item & 1 XP Bomb. + 7 Global Shouts. + Cyan name. + OST Jukebox. + Attack animations (lava, emerald, letter).

Also, we go by the EULA, so do not expect any kind of extras like 2x XP or double loot as they have been removed. (There may be a few breaches though.)

I Want To Show Off My Work!

You want to show off what you made in the holidays or on the weekend.

Well, worry no more, you can register for a forum account here!

We will happily give contructive critism for anything you post here on the Your Work section! (Unless it's perfect or fake)

You can post from a range of Lores/Stories to builds you have made in Minecraft! Maybe even show us how artistic you are by posting some art!

Be mindful, though, faking that you made something would be 100% worthy of a ban depending on the Moderator.
    We(the community) can't wait to see what you can do! Go ahead and make it.

I'm Banned, Please Send Help!

If you are banned, follow these steps.

Step 1 > Register for a forum account here.

Step 2 > Read the guide here.
    Step 3 > Create a ban appeal here.
    Step 4 > Wait patiently.

Do not bother the admins/moderators. It's YOUR fault that you were banned, not theirs. Don't push them to read your appeal. It will decrease your chances.

If you get unbanned, you swear to us that you will not do it again and you will warn your friends to not do it.

Relics? What are they?

Relic Shrines are locations that give you special items when you reach them. They are often placed in places that had no use before.
    They were added in 1.3, but the actual relics were added in 1.3.1.
    You are not allowed to share relic locations as that results in a ban.
    Here is a list of relics, copied from the wiki.

[​IMG]

Relics are essential for players who have a passion for exploring.
    There is a quest named 'Relic Hunter' that teaches you how to hunt relics and introduces them to you.

Where Do I Read The News? Where Can I Open An Item Shop And Can I Provide Services?

For the news, click here and choose any topic, or just go on the official wynncraft.com and click on any news to see more.
    Create a forums account here or login before you attempt the next two.
    You can open an item shop, here! Be careful and exact! Be cautious of scams.
    Here, you can provide your services! For emeralds, or for free.

Parties, What In The World Are They For?

Parties are groups that have a leader. Parties are often used for temporary companionship. EXP is shared in parties, so you level up quicker. Here are some commands for parties.

/party - Gives a list of party commands.
    /party create - Creates a party.
    /party leave - Leaves your current party.
    /party invite [player] - Invites that player to your party.
    /party join [party owner name] - Lets you join that player's party if you were invited.
    /party kick [player] - Kicks the player out of the party. Only party leader can use it.
    /party leader [player] - Only party leader can use this command to give the specified player the leadership.

Where Can I Reset My Skill Points?

You can reset your skill points at the Tower of Amnesia.
    HOWEVER, it costs 1 Liquified Emerald (64 Emerald Blocks) to reset, and before you can access the tower, you must complete the quest 'Tower of Amnesia', a level 25 quest where you have to give the quest-giver a teleportation scroll of all the major cities. Troms is the only exception, as it would've been too hard at that level. Also, the minimum level required for the quest has been raised from level 21 to level 25.
    The quest would be easier if you bought all the teleportation scrolls first, rather than doing it one by one.

Help! I'm Stuck!

If you are stuck, please check if you have 3+ Soul Points. If so, use /kill. If not, check if you have a teleportation scroll and at least 2 Soul Points. If so, use it. If you do not have a teleportation scroll and have under 2 Soul Points, you will have to wait to regenerate Soul Points. After you reach 3, you may use /kill. If you do have a teleportation scroll though, just teleport away when you get enough soul points. Do keep in mind that you should not set out to explore again while you are below 3 soul points, as you will lose all of your items when you die.

I Want Some Special Information, Where Do I Go?

Our Moderator, or else known as the Archivist of Wynn, Mular5, has created various threads on various topics. To check them out, go here!

I Need Quest Translations!

Our helpful forumers have decided to translate quests for people! Here they are:

However, please do note that these are probably unfinished. Credits go to their respective owner(s).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    this is just all the freaking wiki on one thread, gg man, just gg...

3. Ziel

Minecraft:
    is that supposed to be an insult...?

Antra likes this.
  4. Antra

Antra Malding since 2014 HERO

Minecraft:
    no, its just amazing how long you worked on it :3

Ziel likes this.
  5. NickMC96

NickMC96 \o/ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    /class command works for me, no need to relog. Other than that, great guide :saltedhappy:

BigMacYoshi and Ziel like this.
  6. Archeopstoms

Archeopstoms Fire Mage & Archer

Jeez. I mean, it is already on the wiki, but good job mate!

Ziel likes this.
  7. BlackbirdMC

BlackbirdMC Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Good job! i hope this will be stuck in this board, useful for new players.

Ziel likes this.
  8. MTSP2013

MTSP2013 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Wow, good job! O_O

Ziel likes this.
  9. Ziel

Minecraft:
    I just wanted to bump this as it was on the second page <3

10. Tyler4011

Tyler4011 wicked wowza HERO

Minecraft:
    This is awesome dude! Sticky hype (you never know!) ;)

Ziel likes this.
  11. xkobyx

xkobyx Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i dont understand why you would waste your time to write the wynncraft wiki on the forums...

12. B02builder

B02builder Well-Known Adventurer

Great Job ignore the haters because this is well written and easily digested.

Ziel and Gilly11 like this.
  13. FlameGameMaster

FlameGameMaster Can't decide what he wants to put for his title

STICKY WILL COME

Ziel likes this.
  14. Ziel

Minecraft:
    HATERS GOTTA HATE <3

15. D14m0nD

D14m0nD Retired. Will check on forums occasionally :) HERO

Minecraft:
    Ziel likes this.
  16. Ziel

Minecraft:
    Guys, if you have any suggestions of what else I should put in the thread, please tell me! Lots of love, ZX. :saltedhappy:

17. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One of the most useful threads in here!

This needs to stay on the top of the first page.

Lady_of_Rohan and Ziel like this.
  18. kingmike99

kingmike99 The Meteor

W + LControl = Sprint >>>> [Recommended To Change To W + R]

I prefer W + Caps Lock (Especially for pvp servers), give it a try! :smile:

Ziel likes this.
  19. yotamdin

yotamdin Is actually a cute anime girl in real life VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Am I the only one who doesn't change the controls to wierd things?

Oh wait I have drop on F so nvm :P

Ziel likes this.
  20. Ziel

Minecraft:
    Oh hey, I updated the FAQ link to the new one and added information about the Tower of Amnesia. Isn't that great?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    yotamdin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.